User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Hi. I'm new...

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Hi. I'm new...

but have been looking around here for a while.
    Finally decided to join up! There's so much more to see when one is a member.
    I'm a little bashful in saying my "type" as it seems to be an unpopular one. BUT, something a member posted...maybe a week ago...has me thinking...and I need to find that comment and ask about it. To see if I understood it correctly and all.
    So...hello!
    One question. Do I need to make an album to put up a profile pic? Is that how it's done? Thanks!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Hello, Hazelsees. Welcome!
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome, glad to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ

Hi Warm and PuddleRiver.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Haha an unpopular type you say!?

Society

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Haha an unpopular type you say!?

...you missed the context:
    Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    I'm a little bashful in saying my "type" as it seems to be an unpopular one. BUT, something a member posted...maybe a week ago...has me thinking...and I need to find that comment and ask about it. To see if I understood it correctly and all.
    => she's INFJ.

hazelsees, if you'll look around, there's a thread accusing INFPs of low intelligence, a thread about ISTPs infidelity, dozens of threads portraying conflicts between NTP vs. NTJ, NFP vs. NFJ, Fi VS. Fe, intuitives vs. sensors... i think at some point i've seen a discussion declaring NTs are more likely to be psychopaths.

type-ism is among the more unfortunate implication of typology, and there's tons of negative crap thrown at every type, taking turns on various center stages throughout the forums. you were just unlucky enough to come in while yours was up.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    ...you missed the context:

=> she's INFJ.

hazelsees, if you'll look around, there's a thread accusing INFPs of low intelligence, a thread about ISTPs infidelity, dozens of threads portraying conflicts between NTP vs. NTJ, NFP vs. NFJ, Fi VS. Fe, intuitives vs. sensors... i think at some point i've seen a discussion declaring NTs are more likely to be psychopaths.

type-ism is among the more unfortunate implication of typology, and there's tons of negative crap thrown at every type, taking turns on various center stages throughout the forums. you were just unlucky enough to come in while yours was up.
    You caught me--I'm INFJ.
    ...and that's unfortunate 1. that I came in while INFJ was up and 2. that there's so much negative crap thrown around.
    My place of employment loves doing personality "testing", team building with facilitators and stuff like that. Maybe that's why I truly appreciate all types. Even the negative is sort of amusing. If someone irritates me repeatedly, I just ignore them. Except when the ENTJ continues to rush me through my thoughts and I never get to finish 'cause he's shut me down--that hurts my feelings and makes me feel stupid because I can't think of what I want say quickly enough. But then...he and the group loses because I often have fairly decent insights. I love him anyway. We couldn't function the same without him--just like the others on our team.
    This is one of my favorites (from the Bible):

...the body is not made up of one part but of many.
    Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Isn't that awesome? We should treat one another just like that.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!”
    nope, but it can certainly say "stop poking me with your fingers, and Take out the nail clips you left there".

there's little doubt that a single-type society would not work, or at least not do very well. but there are positives and negatives that come with one's type, ways of forming conclusions and resulting behaviors which are positive to ourselves and others, and ways which are negative to ourselves and others. as reaffirming as the feeling to focus on the first alone might be, the most value that there is to be gained is to better understand and overcome the later. there is no type that isn't capable of this and becoming more competent as a fuller more whole person as a result - i've seen living proof embody that with your own type.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTP

Hello.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by ehcriktic View Post
    Hello.
    Behold below how God said hello to Cosmology and the Creation!

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    In the beginning of the great play that is this infinite existential computer program, the witness, the grand designer of creation spoke the word, and from it all the universal codifications sprang into being, and danced opun the song.

If we were to disrupt the harmony of the cosmic mind and the tones it pipes from afar, we could alter the very architecture of the system and with words warp the gameplay!