User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Hi. I'm new...

  1. #11
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Hi, welcome to the forum

  2. #12
    Senior Member hazelsees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    nope, but it can certainly say "stop poking me with your fingers, and Take out the nail clips you left there".

    there's little doubt that a single-type society would not work, or at least not do very well. but there are positives and negatives that come with one's type, ways of forming conclusions and resulting behaviors which are positive to ourselves and others, and ways which are negative to ourselves and others. as reaffirming as the feeling to focus on the first alone might be, the most value that there is to be gained is to better understand and overcome the later. there is no type that isn't capable of this and becoming more competent as a fuller more whole person as a result - i've seen living proof embody that with your own type.
    You're so funny @Mane! That made me laugh. (Do I need to use the @ when I quote you?) And you're right of course. I just get in these unproductive idealistic, hippy moods sometimes.
    That's why I'm here at typologycentral. com--to maybe learn ways to better myself and understand others.

    Do you have ideas about why my profile picture isn't showing up?

  3. #13
    Senior Member hazelsees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Hi @Aleda! I like your kitten picture! Is that your cat?

  4. #14
    Senior Member hazelsees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Hi @ehcriktic. What is your profile picture? Yours too, @RaptorWizard.

  5. #15
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    Hi @Aleda! I like your kitten picture! Is that your cat?
    Thanks! I wish, it's such a cute picture! I'm pretty crazy about cats so I hope to own a cat or two as soon as I move out.
    I really like cats and food.

  6. #16
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Thanks! I wish, it's such a cute picture! I'm pretty crazy about cats so I hope to own a cat or two as soon as I move out.
    This much?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    My profile picture features an all-powerful archon of magic at the bottom, and the living legend Star Wars character Darth Revan confronting a colossus Krayt Dragon in the Dune Sea of Tatooine. It is symbolic of self-mastery and rising above challenges to become something great and supernatural.

    That was wordy, like most posts from me, but the point is, it's where Sith Lords find freedom.

    The same character at the top of my avatar is also ehcriktics's avatar, albeit in a different stage of development - and also canonically, the duel in my picture took place with deadly mines and bantha fodder rather than a sword and Force clash.

  8. #18
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    This much?
    Yeah, that video sums me up.
    I really like cats and food.

  9. #19
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    Do I need to use the @ when I quote you?
    nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazelsees View Post
    Do you have ideas about why my profile picture isn't showing up?
    you mean in the corner next to your post? that's your avatar:
    settings (in the top-right corner) -> edit avatar (left sidebar)

  10. #20
    Senior Member hazelsees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    My profile picture features an all-powerful archon of magic at the bottom, and the living legend Star Wars character Darth Revan confronting a colossus Krayt Dragon in the Dune Sea of Tatooine. It is symbolic of self-mastery and rising above challenges to become something great and supernatural.

    That was wordy, like most posts from me, but the point is, it's where Sith Lords find freedom.

    The same character at the top of my avatar is also ehcriktics's avatar, albeit in a different stage of development - and also canonically, the duel in my picture took place with deadly mines and bantha fodder rather than a sword and Force clash.
    Oh wow...I like Star Wars a lot. I've read several of the "extra" books over the years and follow a couple of fanfics, but I'm unfamiliar with the things you're talking about. Still trying to wrap my mind around "where Sith Lords find freedom". I like the pictures though!

Similar Threads

  1. Hi everybody! (brand new INFP here)
    By naddoooo in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
  2. Hi, I'm new here!
    By plebert in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
  3. hi from a new intp
    By Spartacuss in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 04:51 AM
  4. Hi, sort-of-new
    By Colors in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. Hi, I'm new
    By JAVO in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO