Just a quick introduction - an electronic grin, wink, and tip of the hat, if you will - to usher myself into the TC fold.
Where to start. A list? Yes. Bulleted!
- I am fascinated by Jungian depth psychology due to a very intense relationship with my dream life. Multilayered lucid dreams and dream yoga have taken me to some interesting places, or non-places, if that makes sense. Beyond this, active imagination and stream of conscious poetry allow for bizarre journeys and conversations with the legion within.
- Between the ages of ~16 and ~25 I attempted to become that which I was not. I unwittingly lived my shadow and got severely lost, burned, broken. This led to a hugely necessary 'autodeprogramming'... a do or die, intuitive attempt to replace the self with the Self. This effort was arduous but ultimately successful, and I believe it was precipitated through my inferior function, Se. I will share more about this in good time... most recently I have been playing with theories re: most effective psychotherapeutic method as dictated by type.
- I love revealing and reveling in that which is hidden, especially if this involves systems of complex interaction e.g. people! Moreso, I am obsessed with relationality as it applies to the needs of people, both as individuals and as a collective - mutually assured gain is my primary focus.
- I am a permaculture geek who is equally comfortable with hi, lo and no-tech.
- Former art director, producer, kayak guide, rock band manager, children's party entertainer, pizza delivery boy.
- Writer, poet, musician, visual artist and... aspiring ice cream maker?! Though someday, once I acquire more life experience, I hope to become a Jungian analyst
- I often 'know' specifics of someone's life (from current mood to past traumas with shocking accuracy) shortly after meeting them because I... um... 'become' them. This troubled me for a long time because I craved consistency of self yet felt I was some sort of bastard, social chameleon. Only recently did I learn how to willfully stop this from happening and feel OK about projecting that which is more, well, me. Quite a relief. But I still need alone time to center, oh yes.
That's enough for now. Off for a bike ride before the sun sets. Pleased to meet y'all