User Tag List

Thread: INFP/6: Ahoy There!

Junior Member Array sarahmariev's Avatar
    7w6 so/sp

Default INFP/6: Ahoy There!

Greetings fellow seekers of personality! I'm Sarah and I've been obsessed with personality for about 2 years. After lots of research (including lurking around these and other forums) I'm fairly sure that I'm INFP, 6w7 4w5 1w9 so/sp but am open to learning differently...after all I've changed viewpoints so many times before.

My personality journey: I first tested as an INFP in a test I took for school, then read the descriptions and was convinced I was INFJ. I'm a very controlled person, not the irresponsible, dreamy hippy that I read about in a lot of literature. Besides, being "mystical" sounded nice. But then I discovered Jung and the functions and learned the theory properly. Although I do have strong Fe (I blame my mother and probably other aspects of my personality), I am no INFJ. Discovering I was an INFP helped me understand myself so much better: that feeling in my bones about things and my very personal sense of morality (something I attribute to Fi), my exuberant and relentless curiosity and messy room (stereotypical, yet fairly typical Ne) and the problems I run into when attempting to organize and control the world around me (silly, inferior Te).

As for Enneagram, it took me quite a bit longer to get a hang of that. My teenage self back in the day seemed to fit Type 4 well enough, but it never really resonated as ME. Then one day I read a detailed description of Type 6 (one that delved below the usual stereotypical bull) and recognized myself perfectly. It explained so many parts of my personality that Myers-Briggs didn't -- especially how I use my mind as a sort of buffer between myself and the scary, uncomfortable parts of the world. Ever since I was an adolescent I felt like I was somehow wiser than my peers, that I could outsmart bad things if I worried and planned enough for them. Who needs experience and all the messy mistakes that come with? Even though I'm fairly intellectual, I definitely have a 7 of imagination and hedonism to escape the world. I just ironed out that I'm probably so/sp, although I loath every single description of the stacking I've ever read (who decided that being so automatically makes you a stuffy, boring politician? Ugh.). My tritype seems to fit well, although I'm not 100% sure on the order or wings.

Some other random things to know: I'm 22 1/2 years and a writer/linguist; I particularly love poetry and non-fiction. Wordsmith is probably a better descriptor for me since I love language so much Eventually I want to do PR or something writing-related for a small, creative non-profit like 826. Personal heroes include Stephen Fry, Samwise Gamgee, Mark Twain, Luna Lovegood, Pablo Neruda and Madeleine L'Engle.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to many delightful discoveries and lively discussions.

5w4 sx

Welcome. Always nice to see an INFP 6... will be interesting to hear how the projective parts of a 6 fits with being an INFP for you.

Hi Nice intro. I used to think I was an INFP.

Hope you like it here.

Hey there
    "May you live all the days of your life"

It's always something... Array PuddleRiver's Avatar

Hi Welcome, glad to meet you.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi