User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Default Questioning INFJ new to typology... looking for answers feeling lost.

Questioning Weather I'm really an INFJ or an INTJ and more recently an INFP.I've always tested as an INFJ but others have typed me as INTJ ( my mom)
    and INFP( some people on another forum) I was also told maybe ISFP but I know I'm not that type. I revers tested as an ESTP. So I'd say INFJ but I'm new to this and
    I need to really study all of them more before I can make a decision. So that's why I'm here to type myself and figure out why I feel like I'm the only one like me sometimes.
    I'm in my fourth year of college and I've only been to 3 parties ( I was forced). All three times I went I was very anxious and on edge. I like people but I can't be around them all the time.
    I count the second until my roommate leaves. I know her class and work schedule just so I know when shes coming back so I can do all the weird things I like to do. Like pace back and forth talking to myself about hypothetical situations that have and probably will never happy. Ponder the mysteries of the world and myself.

I need to know why I have to find the best possible way to say something. I correct peoples sentences in my mind because there is always a better word to use than they are using.
    I need t know why I love words so much 98th% on the vocabulary and comprehension part of the sat. I felt like a freak who get's 98% on vocabulary. Who gets so caught up in stuff like that.I mean my talents would have be better used in the math portion. That score was abysmal..... AND I NEED TO KNOW WHY I DO THIS!
    I had planned to write a brief paragraph but I started typing and went off on a tangent of things. Other people write and they say what the need to say and they stop while I cant' seem to stop myself from writing novels. I want to figure out why when I get fixated on something like an intriguing thought I will stay up all night looking at every detail. I was up till about 5 am looking at typology watching every you tube video and reading every article I could.I took 10 different test to type myself and I'm still not satisfied even though I made sure they were all worded differently and as dissimilar as possible. I also enjoy generational studies and will get fixated on that as well.

I just want to know why I feel weird all the time like I'm some form of sub human. I have only had a few real friends. I have only dated 2 people and both relationships lasted over 3 years. I want to stop being a spectator in life and actually live it or at least realize that there is nothing wrong with me. Maybe this is my normal. I want to stop being frustrated with myself.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Welcome.

Vocabulary is like law, it's written, it is enforced, but in truth it is nice and fragile and open to being bent.....much like typology.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Welcome.

Vocabulary is like law, it's written, it is enforced, but in truth it is nice and fragile and open to being bent.....much like typology.
    This response just sent me on a tangent of thoughts. Please don't think I'm crazy.

The first of which motives behind laws are often bent ex separations of church and state. When first enacted was meant to protect the church from the outside world but has morphed in modern times to protect the outside world from the church. In pre and post Renascence Italy the initial motives can be some what ambiguous but you can also notice it's shifts from time to time. Law and enforcement themselves in truth lack truth because they can be morphed by the motives of those who create, interpret and enforce them. Laws are therefor subjective and bendable as well as constant and concrete. Like vocabulary it can be fragile. In the end it all dependent on who wields the pen and yet.... maybe the fragility of law itself is intertwined with the fragility and ambiguity of language. Something read out of context can take on a completely new meaning. It was not the motives or the intent of the law maker but the ambiguity of his or her language. Maybe even the comprehensive skill of the reader can cause the law to be less concrete. That would men that law is concrete but becomes ambiguous because of the ambiguity of language. Applied to typology maybe it is concrete but it is made fragile by language and comprehension of the individual. It can be subject to the motives and comprehension of the reader even though the type it self was never intended to be interpreted that way. Yet something can be said for the the natural curiosity for deeper meaning into surface and concrete concepts. In some ways it strengthens the concept when it become valid on more than the surface level.

I am Intrigued to say the least. Thank you for your post and your welcome.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    Please don't think I'm crazy.
    Oh don't worry, we've seen FAR worse here.

A quick thought in response though: Language is both universal and particular. So that helps accounts for how terms or whatnot can have both a consistent yet also flexible nature. Universals manifest themselves through particulars; so while for example we may both understand a certain word or concept, but yet at the same time have our own individual understandings of what it means(either in general or to ourselves - since we often prefer to use some words over others cause they better suit what we're trying to convey in our message). This involves the transcendence of the whole objective/subjective dichotomy into the realm of personal knowledge and understanding.

Oh and welcome. How silly of me to forget.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Oh don't worry, we've seen FAR worse here.

A quick thought in response though: Language is both universal and particular. So that helps accounts for how terms or whatnot can have both a consistent yet also flexible nature. Universals manifest themselves through particulars; so while for example we may both understand a certain word or concept, but yet at the same time have our own individual understandings of what it means

Yes! I Agree.I feel more INFJ than ever right now lol. Thanks for the insight and of course the welcome

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi How you doin'?
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleRiver View Post
    Hi How you doin'?
    I'm good and you

Welcome. Glad to hear you're feeling better about things.

I thought I had posted in this thread, but weirdly my post is gone now, and some of other posts too... did you post it twice or am I losing it?

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Yes I did lol ...Im new to this so i posted here but thought it would fit better in the what's my type forum which i didn't know was here untill after I posted. So no your not crazy just a noob mistake lol

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    This response just sent me on a tangent of thoughts. Please don't think I'm crazy.

The first of which motives behind laws are often bent ex separations of church and state. When first enacted was meant to protect the church from the outside world but has morphed in modern times to protect the outside world from the church. In pre and post Renascence Italy the initial motives can be some what ambiguous but you can also notice it's shifts from time to time. Law and enforcement themselves in truth lack truth because they can be morphed by the motives of those who create, interpret and enforce them. Laws are therefor subjective and bendable as well as constant and concrete. Like vocabulary it can be fragile. In the end it all dependent on who wields the pen and yet.... maybe the fragility of law itself is intertwined with the fragility and ambiguity of language. Something read out of context can take on a completely new meaning. It was not the motives or the intent of the law maker but the ambiguity of his or her language. Maybe even the comprehensive skill of the reader can cause the law to be less concrete. That would men that law is concrete but becomes ambiguous because of the ambiguity of language. Applied to typology maybe it is concrete but it is made fragile by language and comprehension of the individual. It can be subject to the motives and comprehension of the reader even though the type it self was never intended to be interpreted that way. Yet something can be said for the the natural curiosity for deeper meaning into surface and concrete concepts. In some ways it strengthens the concept when it become valid on more than the surface level.

I am Intrigued to say the least. Thank you for your post and your welcome.
    Exactly!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.