User Tag List

Default an INTP and all that it implies...

So I'm an INTP. I'm 26 years old and tested the same when I was about 14. It's kind of funny to me that i have spent many years of my life searching for something to grasp on to to explain all of my oddities when it turns out those "oddieties"are truly inherent to who I am on a much deeper level. I grew up in a family that was full of feelers. In college, I wanted nothing more than to be left to my own devices, but always seemed to be surrounded by people trying to pull me out of my shell. I've always deviated towards appeasing my family and the friends that sort of attached themselves to me by just doing or acting how they wanted.

but i never really fully liked any of it. i found myself depressed for years, not really happy about putting myself out there when I wasn't really interested in being there. i was always terribly anxious in social situations, but i continually put myself into them, trying to just make something tick. i've been the oh so typical chameleon for years!

what i've found in the last month or so since I rediscovered that I am an INTP is that life seemed to be much more simplier when explained in terms of mbti. it just makes sense. when i log on and read other people's insights into their particular life experiences, it calms me... soothes me... just knowing i'm not the only one that thinks in such odd patterns. I keep using the word odd, because that's what people have badgered me with for years and tried to change in me..but who really knew that it's pretty normal after all, just normal for an INTP?

so the long and the short of it is that i finally in my life think i'm okay and maybe i do actually rock. i'm especially interested in meeting others like myself, or at least others similar to myself. I'm especially interested in understanding entj's a bit, since i've found out that ALL of the guys in my social circle(in recent years i've tended to hang out with guys), including the man that rocks my world, is an entj.

so, here goes nothing with my first post...

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by stellacat
    an INTP and all that it implies...
    Congrats!...and

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hey there Welcome, glad you've joined us.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstellacat View Post
    So I'm an INTP. I'm 26 years old and tested the same when I was about 14. It's kind of funny to me that i have spent many years of my life searching for something to grasp on to to explain all of my oddities when it turns out those "oddieties"are truly inherent to who I am on a much deeper level. I grew up in a family that was full of feelers. In college, I wanted nothing more than to be left to my own devices, but always seemed to be surrounded by people trying to pull me out of my shell. I've always deviated towards appeasing my family and the friends that sort of attached themselves to me by just doing or acting how they wanted.

but i never really fully liked any of it. i found myself depressed for years, not really happy about putting myself out there when I wasn't really interested in being there. i was always terribly anxious in social situations, but i continually put myself into them, trying to just make something tick. i've been the oh so typical chameleon for years!

what i've found in the last month or so since I rediscovered that I am an INTP is that life seemed to be much more simplier when explained in terms of mbti. it just makes sense. when i log on and read other people's insights into their particular life experiences, it calms me... soothes me... just knowing i'm not the only one that thinks in such odd patterns. I keep using the word odd, because that's what people have badgered me with for years and tried to change in me..but who really knew that it's pretty normal after all, just normal for an INTP?

so the long and the short of it is that i finally in my life think i'm okay and maybe i do actually rock. i'm especially interested in meeting others like myself, or at least others similar to myself. I'm especially interested in understanding entj's a bit, since i've found out that ALL of the guys in my social circle(in recent years i've tended to hang out with guys), including the man that rocks my world, is an entj.

so, here goes nothing with my first post...
    Welcome. That's a lot of words.

MBTI
    INTP

Welcome from someone who most likely shares your oddities.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Welcome

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Enjoy the seating arrangement.

INTPs are some of my favorite people; highly creative folk.