User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Looks like I'm here too...

Hi, I've found this board just this morning while trying to study for an examination I'll have to deal with tomorrow. My type obviously lead me elsewhere with my mind quite soon, and this site was my shore.

I don't know exactly what to tell about me which my type doesn't already, maybe those who are interested will ask directly...

I'll Just say I'm Italian, man, 23 years. Everything else is up to you to ask
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My first answer to this was:

"Oh well, as far as I can see, today is dark gray. Yesterday was definitely not that dark. Maybe it will turn to be a better day later on, who knows. You know, I don't really wish for it to happen, I like rainy days, they're so calm, relaxing... I guess I could keep this on for long, but i think you just want me to say "blue"."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Hi, I've found this board just this morning while trying to study for an examination I'll have to deal with tomorrow. My type obviously lead me elsewhere with my mind quite soon, and this site was my shore.
    Welcome, Seether. Don't us as an excuse not to study, now.
    I don't know exactly what to tell about me which my type doesn't already, maybe those who are interested will ask directly...
    Hmm... I'm an INFJ (or something like one) as well. I would never say my type says everything about me. People of the same type can be very different from each other while still have all the common characteristics.
    I'll Just say I'm Italian, man, 23 years. Everything else is up to you to ask
    Okay... I love asking these questions to foreigners, if you don't mind...

How did you come to learn English?

How well do you speak it?

How hard is it to translate your thoughts?

Why did you join a message board that isn't in your default language?

I'm really curious!

"Oh well, as far as I can see, today is dark gray. Yesterday was definitely not that dark. Maybe it will turn to be a better day later on, who knows. You know, I don't really wish for it to happen, I like rainy days, they're so calm, relaxing... I guess I could keep this on for long, but i think you just want me to say "blue"."
    LOL! Was that program written by an SJ or what? Ironically, answering the question the way it asks doesn't prove you're human or intelligent, it just proves you're programed to know what color the sky is "supposed" to be. Is that useful??

MBTI
    INTP

What the fuck are you doing!? Get back to study! You've got an exam in the morning!

Otherwise, welcome to the forums.

And since the sky reflects blue to us all it absorbs all the other colours. Hence the sky is every colour BUT blue.

Ahhhh thank you and goodnight.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INXP

Hello there

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Hmm... I'm an INFJ (or something like one) as well. I would never say my type says everything about me. People of the same type can be very different from each other while still have all the common characteristics.
    You're right, maybe it was just my fault not to explain exactly what I mean by that. Obviously no one can perfectly fit a predefined profile that describes himself totally. What I just wanted to say was that in my *general* characteristics I fit almost everything in the INFJ stereotype. Never meant to say I don't have anything else to add.

Okay... I love asking these questions to foreigners, if you don't mind...

How did you come to learn English?
    By myself, when I was very young. Time ago, most videogames hadn't localization options (at least, not in Italian). Since I've always loved long storytelling games (Ultima saga, Wing Commander...), not understanding anything would have meant losing 90% of them. That was definitely unacceptable to me, so I decided to seriously learn English. At least, that was my very first reason.
    I have to say I like English very much, so I've never stopped my improvements. Also, most of what I know about it is something I've learned myself, school gave me really few help. Although I got the FCE with B rating when I was just 17 (pretty rare in my country), I still consider myself far from good as I would be.[/QUOTE]

How well do you speak it?
    Most Italian people I know are surprised of my skill and consider it definitely above average. Probably everyone, except from me.

How hard is it to translate your thoughts?
    Still too much, specially when they're way too abstract (and in my case, you can guess this happens quite often). I also have to say Italian is very different, I use to write long and linked periods, which is unusual in English, and one of the things I mostly miss here is the use of conditional tenses - way more complex in Italian - which I can assure is a pain to translate.

Why did you join a message board that isn't in your default language?
    Because I guess there's no equivalent in my language about these topics.
    And because of my intent of improving my English skill.

I'm really curious!
    I see ^^.
    No need to tell.

LOL! Was that program written by an SJ or what? Ironically, answering the question the way it asks doesn't prove you're human or intelligent, it just proves you're programed to know what color the sky is "supposed" to be. Is that useful??
    Ok, forgive me but I don't know what you mean by "SJ"
    As an INFJ AND a wannabe-Informatics Engineer, a question like this can't pass through me without trace.
    Is an example of how ambivalent is my nature, on one side I know is a trick to avoid bots, spam, etc... On the other side, I tend to ironically look at it just as if the board software is really interested in my point about that, giving an answer I'd give a real person that would have asked me. An answer that already tells much about me, if you can read through lines.

Oh, and that thing I wrote was really my first thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ok, forgive me but I don't know what you mean by "SJ"
    SJ's, the "Guardians," the everyman.

ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ. All use Si (Introverted Sensing) as their primary perceiving function, causing them to value tradition and routine.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    What the fuck are you doing!? Get back to study! You've got an exam in the morning!
    Since I live in Italy, it's still 12:21pm here. So much time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Since I live in Italy, it's still 12:21pm here. So much time.
    So you think you're all prepared right?

POP QUIZ HOTSHOT!!!

1: What's the capital of Mars?
    2: A group of lions is called a pride, but a group of prides is called a what?
    3: (12 x 15) + -5 / 17 (544 x 16715161) x (46 x a number of your own choice as long as it is the CORRECT number) = ?
    4: John has eight apples, Jane has six. Why did John kill Jane?
    5: Oliver Cromwell said how many words in his lifetime?
    6: Explain a tortoise without using the words, green, shell, legs, animal, reptile, moves, water, eats, tortoise, is or any other verbs of any kind.
    7: Carbon dating suggests God to be what age?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm so lucky my test ain't about that, I can hardly find answer to any of these.

(Worst thing, after laughing about that, I MIGHT start looking for these answers... oh me ^^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

XD Personally, I was going to simply go with black, or say, "during which part of the day?" as I wondered whether they meant daytime, sunset, sunrise, night, etc. Then I wondered if it would take any correct answer, decided it probably wouldn't, and put blue.

So, hi!
    This is a signature.