User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default With Love from an INFP

Hey everyone.

I typically write novels for my introduction. Not going to do that... too sleepy!

I'm an INFP... thought I was a J (I'm very organized and can't stand things being out of order in my house... constantly cleaning!), but upon really studying the types and how they work, I had that "ah ha!" moment where I realized myself as an INFP.

I'm female, 30, live in the USA, Indiana. Talented at everything artsy and I have a decent-sized ego. I have a son. His name is Zoey, I call him Tutters or Tutterbutt. He's a mackeral tabby and is 6. Best cat ever. He has a hard time being away from me and follows me everywhere... even around the neighborhood if he escaped the confines of his 3,000 sq ft "cage." He sleeps on my chest or head and immediately sits on me and purrs when I am stressed or upset. He's well-trained and knows many commands... and yes, you can train cats rather easily!

I'm a natural caretaker and am pursuing a job in home healthcare until I can start college to get my degree as a veterinary technician. I'm changing my path from becoming a librarian (I have a thirst for knowledge and reading and helping others find information) to animal care and I want to specialize in cats and cat behavior. I've been a foster/rescuer of animals since I was a teenager and am active in animal welfare. Animal welfare is a huge part of what identifies me. I look forward to caring for my own cat colony again. I really enjoyed TNR (trap-and-release) work.

I've been a caretaker all my life. I cared for my bedridden mother since I was a little girl, father when I was a teenager through the age of 28 due to a combination of him having a nervous breakdown and alcoholism, and cared for my grandmother for two years when she broke both hips. I love helping anyone and I have an issue with putting too much responsibility on myself. In fact, I snapped in July and was hospitalized in a mental hospital because I had a nervous breakdown (I also suffer from bipolar/chronic depression/anxiety). I'm trying to work on it. I'll [literally?] kill myself by caring for those I am most loyal to and sacrifice is easy for me. For strangers, I'll give the shirt off my back, but at least with them I have a limit. I'm seeking therapy for this, actually. I need to stop and learn to care for myself. My life has been put on hold for too long. I don't care about caring for ME because I've always been caring for everyone else.

Otherwise, I'm a writer and artist. I truly identify myself as a writer and currently have a plethora of novels in the works. I've received great praise from my editor about my writing abilities ("a beautiful experience...") and those who have browsed my drafts. I don't have anything published... yet. I also draw and paint. I'm into cartoons and illustrations, but I also love to paint dark/macabre and surrealistic paintings with chalk pastel. I'm usually doing something creative during the day. Right now, I'm making a mascot costume head of a dog!

I am the close confidant of my girlfriend, Lin. I love her with all my heart and soul and see her as my other half. She is my truth. She is my guide. She is my sin. She is my love. I will always be there to guide her throughout life. She is an INFJ and absolutely blows my mind. She is amazing. We have a peculiar relationship. I am asexual (no sexual attraction to men or women) and she is demisexual (attraction via the emotional connection). We fit well together and we help each other grow into better people.

That's it for now. See you in the forums... maybe. I tend to procrastinate regarding forums. I'm really here just for research when I'm working on character development. In fact, that's how I got into the MBTI in the first place.

Ciao!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Hello, and welcome!

I'd love to read an excerpt of your writing sometime...

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Ha, love you people, welcome aboard.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Perhaps I'll post something sometime. Thank you!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Ha, love you people, welcome aboard.
    I love you people, too! My father is an ENFJ, so I'm partial to the ENFs.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp

Hello!
    Welcome to the forum. You seem really cool & interesting. My family and I have done some trap & release work as well, with a large family of kittens and their mother living on my mom's work/home property. I also enjoy writing. :P

Si-Ti loop ISFJ
    6w5 sp
    Lawful Neutral
    House Tully

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Welcome to the circus. Technically, you and all of us who are led by a judging function are 'J's. As for organization and your occupation with it, here is an interesting take on inferior function Te (extroverted thinking):
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rior-ifps.html

Once again, welcome with nothing but love.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Welcome to the circus. Technically, you and all of us who are led by a judging function are 'J's. As for organization and your occupation with it, here is an interesting take on inferior function Te (extroverted thinking):
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rior-ifps.html

Once again, welcome with nothing but love.
    Thank you for the information! That was very interesting and it hit the nail on the head, too. I'm so horrible to myself. Despite all I have done for others, and how much I make people feel fantastic and make them smile, I feel like an utter failure because I'm not living up to my own ridiculously high standards that I have set for myself. In fact, I'm so down on myself that it is a huge factor of my depression. My depression is so severe that I am almost disabled, which has my therapist concerned.

Ha. Nothing can stop me. I'll keep on keepin' on!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by lenoirvrai View Post
    Thank you for the information! That was very interesting and it hit the nail on the head, too. I'm so horrible to myself. Despite all I have done for others, and how much I make people feel fantastic and make them smile, I feel like an utter failure because I'm not living up to my own ridiculously high standards that I have set for myself. In fact, I'm so down on myself that it is a huge factor of my depression. My depression is so severe that I am almost disabled, which has my therapist concerned.

Ha. Nothing can stop me. I'll keep on keepin' on!
    I too was crippled by the same thing, with a similar name. But turning it around requires an iron will. So if we are capable of paralyzing ourselves so, think of what we could do when we turn that same energy the other way. I've been on said kick for about a year, and the power is daunting. I never get tired, and I can just amp up and do the work of three people.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    I too was crippled by the same thing, with a similar name. But turning it around requires an iron will. So if we are capable of paralyzing ourselves so, think of what we could do when we turn that same energy the other way. I've been on said kick for about a year, and the power is daunting. I never get tired, and I can just amp up and do the work of three people.
    I absolutely agree with that. The power of our minds is incredible.

I would love more energy. I have CFS and fibromyalgia (as well as a crushed tailbone...) and it's been suggested that those diseases are aggravated by the mind and body effecting each other and vice versa. I'm in a horrible amount of pain most of the time, nevermind the chronic exhaustion. If I had a more positive mindset, the disease would loosen its grip on me.

Until then, I have Adderall! LOL!