First 12345 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You can do this, Purps

It won't be easy, but consider it an opportunity to focus on overcoming that anxiety. Otherwise you'll be scared all your life and that is no way to live, now is it

Knowing you, you'll probably be a hit at that place, and charm every person there with your zany yet down-to-earth awesome remarks..which we will unfortunately have to do without. But considering the fact that this is about your health, I don't think anyone isn't willing to make that sacrifice.

...besides, it sounds like people are more than willing to come to you for that zany charm
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Good luck, Prpl! We'll miss you but this is all for the best. You'll do great.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I agree with JC I I know how long you've wanted to take steps to Make Yourself happier and even though it's hard I know it's what you really want and I wish you the best of luck. Be proud of yourself
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    yupp

oh gosh, all these wonderful things, make me sad i don't want to leave i feel like i might cry. i'm going somewhere where i don't know anyone, i don't like that.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You have a lot of friends here who all want the best for you, and we want you to be healthy and happy. For that reason, we're willing to miss you for a while if it means you're getting something you need. You're not leaving, just taking a break to take care of yourself! And that really is something to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    oh gosh, all these wonderful things, make me sad i don't want to leave i feel like i might cry. i'm going somewhere where i don't know anyone, i don't like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You have a lot of friends here who all want the best for you, and we want you to be healthy and happy. For that reason, we're willing to miss you for a while if it means you're getting something you need. You're not leaving, just taking a break to take care of yourself! And that really is something to be proud of.
    Yes what Ivy wrote is exactly right! Everyone here is supporting you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm so glad for you! Even if you're not on here, we'll be thinking of you and you're in my prayers. You can do this, even if it's hard!

garbage

Good luck, lady. I wish you the best.

Nobody's said anything about Clarksville. I went to the ranch nearby, and I survived.

The town sucks hardcore, but the ranch is quite cool.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I looked up Asheville, not knowing a thing about it, and it looks so cool! This sounds good for you, I trust all will go well
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Didn't you have issues with being...uhhh...confined?

I was in a mental hospital once for being severely depressed; while not the same thing, it was an awfully degrading, humiliating experience, and all it taught me was that it is my responsibility to survive and no one else's. If I'm weak, I will get mistreated; and if I don't control my mind, someone else will do it for me. It was a scare tactic to make someone like me avoid mental illness by wanting to avoid such a place, by seeing my life in a better light in comparison to that, as the psychiatrist reaffirmed my concerns about the experience.

I didn't mean to be negative though. The place I was in also housed the criminally insane and it was strictly government funded and run by stressed overworked people; you probably won't get that. Maybe it will be nice and it will help, instead of making your life more complex to deal with.

If it's a treatment center that is privately funded, they should treat you with dignity and be there to help with whatever problem you have. So it should be a good thing, but please be mindful if it is not. I would not wish my experience on anyone.

Good luck. What problem do you have, anyway, if you don't mind me asking? I sort of realize a majority of people come to these boards because of a problem anyway, even if existential, so I doubt anyone would stigmatize here, but we can all be really stupid sometimes.