User Tag List

MBTI
    Ixxx
    Enneagram

Default Hello from an Ixxx

Hi All, I've tested INTJ, INTP, and ISTJ so far. I've also been told I may be an ISFJ so I am really confused. By type alone I feel I Identify with INTP the most, however when you throw the cognitive functions into the mix, that makes everything more confusing. I think it is safe to say I am at least an 'I.' Anyways, figured I'd try out another forum.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Welcome!

I've also tested as several of the I types. I identify with INTP the most from the descriptions and it also fits me best cognitive function wise.

Some tests are decent, others are crap. You shouldn't rely on one test alone.

If you write a more detailed description about yourself, we might be able to get more insight into your type. Or if you're brave, you can post a video of yourself in the video thread.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    Ixxx
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Welcome!

I've also tested as several of the I types. I identify with INTP the most from the descriptions and it also fits me best cognitive function wise.

Some tests are decent, others are crap. You shouldn't rely on one test alone.

If you write a more detailed description about yourself, we might be able to get more insight into your type. Or if you're brave, you can post a video of yourself in the video thread.
    34 M

I am generally quiet and reserved, also pretty dependable though I tend to be lazy. I am not a take charge kind of guy, I am more passive and you might call me a follower, though internally I don't consider myself to be so (I don't adhere to what others tell me to do unless it is a matter I am not invested in). I have a few unusual interests (sports don't interest me, though I do watch an occasional game), including listening to rock renditions of video game music.

I am not good at coming up with my own objectives or projects, I usually spend too much time thinking about things that nothing gets done unless I get some outside direction (or external circumstance precipitates action). This does not apply for leisure activities or things that I otherwise don't have to do but want to do.

I tend to be obsessive and anal about certain things (i.e. if I have one way of doing something in my mind, and someone contradicts that, I get a little unsettled). I have my own rules about certain things, but overall I consider myself to be pretty flexible. I am a "go with the flow" type person.

I do like to read, though lately I have a short attention span and it is very difficult to stay focused enough (or interested enough) to finish a book. I wind up opening alot of books, reading a chunk of each, never finishing any. The types of books I read range from fiction (sci-fi/thriller/fantasy) to self-help (psychology,e.t.c.). The same thing applies to video games. I download a ton of games to my phone, start them but never finish one. I wasn't always this way, I used to lock myself in my room for a whole day to finish a game, but that was in my youth and now I have little free time to spare, being married with 2 kids and one on the way.

I recently finished my master's degree, I changed my major mid-way from something I thought would help me in a specific, niche type of job to something that was more generalized according to one of my professors. Now I am unsure of whether I made the right decision, as I don't know where I am going to go with it.

I don't enjoy uncertainty, and I am not spontaneous. I like to know what I am getting into and I like to have time to think about things. I am not too good with "thinking on my feet."

I am constantly looking for ways to improve my mindset and how I think about life and day-to-day activities. Alot of the work my mind does is internal, I don't come forth with ideas much and I find it difficult to do so sometimes (as with brainstorming). I am good at solving problems however, when I am able to give the proper amount of thought and effort to them. I usually don't use a straight-line approach to problem solving, I tend to use alot of trial and error, using my instincts and logic as a guide.

I get bored alot. Routine bores me, and I find that very hard to deal with (it is hard for me to make it seem fun). At the same time, I like quiet times or times in small social gatherings, where you can have a decent conversation with someone without too much distraction.

Even though I am not too verbose, it took me a while to write what I did, mainly because I didn't know where to start or what to focus on. If this was an essay, I would take a more structured approach. Gotta get back to work but maybe I'll write more later.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Hello there. Good luck working out your type - you've definitely come to a good place for resources.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Oh you poor b*gger. You're just like me! I don't even have to read past your first paragraph to see that. You're an obvious IP even though you say you are not spontaneous and dislike uncertainty. Your very gender makes it most likely you prefer T as your decision-making function. ISTPs are known to be lazy but, trust me, unless I'm doing something I enjoy, my diligence is somewhat lacking as well. ISTPs tend to prefer the concrete whereas you prefer the abstract (games, music, etc). NOBODY is the epitome of their type - and what a good thing that is too. It took me 2 years to typify myself. I've been down your road. You're an INTP with perhaps only a slight N over S preference. What say others?

PS: On laziness here is a good definition of "Work": That which we are doing when we would rather be doing something else
    Last edited by zelo1954; 08-08-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Post Script

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Welcome
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    Oh you poor b*gger. You're just like me! I don't even have to read past your first paragraph to see that. You're an obvious IP even though you say you are not spontaneous and dislike uncertainty. Your very gender makes it most likely you prefer T as your decision-making function. ISTPs are known to be lazy but, trust me, unless I'm doing something I enjoy, my diligence is somewhat lacking as well. ISTPs tend to prefer the concrete whereas you prefer the abstract (games, music, etc). NOBODY is the epitome of their type - and what a good thing that is too. It took me 2 years to typify myself. I've been down your road. You're an INTP with perhaps only a slight N over S preference. What say others?

PS: On laziness here is a good definition of "Work": That which we are doing when we would rather be doing something else
    I think INTP is a good possibility. ISTP would be my second choice. I also think more P than J. I wonder if EP is more likely to see themselves as spontaneous and more tolerant of uncertainty? Maybe it's having introverted thinking as the dominant function, wanting things to have some internal consistency rather than contradictions?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne