User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't think the rest is bullshit just because I don't practice what other people practice. I'm not a businessman, but if it wasn't for the "bullshit" my boss practices I wouldn't have a job.
    Im sorry?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

The best way to change someone's mind is to agree with them
    I like this quote BTW - and I also like my own somewhat related one from a different angle:

"The best way to get an answer on the internet is not to ask a question but to deliberately post a wrong answer"
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

I don't think the rest is bullshit just because I don't practice what other people practice. I'm not a businessman, but if it wasn't for the "bullshit" my boss practices I wouldn't have a job.
    I'm pretty sure @affirmativeanxiety was refering to my belief that one should use F judgement for people and T for things.

To answer your point though, let me rephrase the statement:

"What matters to me is humanities, arts, and sciences. All the rest leaves me stone cold.
    Cognitive functions:

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Im sorry?
    You thought that "What matters to me is humanities, arts, and sciences. All the rest is bullshit" was "amazing" and that people should understand it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

You thought that "What matters to me is humanities, arts, and sciences. All the rest is bullshit" was "amazing" and that people should understand it.
    It's as @zelo1954 said, I really wasn't thinking of the humanities/arts/sciences part, since that is personal to him. I suppose I could have cut that bit out, but I didnt notice until you pointed it out.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Well. A lot has happened to me in 3-4 weeks on here, and all of it has been good.

I started out life here as a MB INTP and Enneagram 5. As a result of redoing these latter tests I became a very strange 4w5 given my INTP. I did another Enneagram test and, far from reverting to a 5, I had 4w5 confirmed. I thought after this I'd better have another look at my MB type. So instead of filling in another endless questionnaire I took up TigerLily's video challenge and a few replies have started coming in:

Commune -> Bonfire -> Lounge -> Thread: Video Challenge! Not sure of your type? Let us help type you! -> Message #2523 and replies

As I suspected there is a bit of discussion around the F/T dimension. Some swear I'm what I say I am. Some swear I'm an INFP masquerading as a Ti. Others can't pick it but understand the problem.

I don't think there is a problem. There is NOTHING WRONG with being in balance. So I've altered my profile MB type from INTP firstly to INtP and now to INxP. I have some good evidence from my attitude towards my inferior function that I should move even further to INfP, thus making my Enneagram 4w5 a lot more plausible. I will however go back to the questionnaires first and see what I come up with. Of course being in balance has enormous implications for dominant and auxiliary functions but I'm not convinced there's a problem here either. I need to have a long look at what has already been posted on TypeC about functions for in-balance people and see if I can hook up to that. Otherwise I'll need to start a new thread.

And it hasn't just been a one way street. I've been able to put something back by helping others.
    Cognitive functions:

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    Well. A lot has happened to me in 3-4 weeks on here, and all of it has been good.

I started out life here as a MB INTP and Enneagram 5. As a result of redoing these latter tests I became a very strange 4w5 given my INTP. I did another Enneagram test and, far from reverting to a 5, I had 4w5 confirmed. I thought after this I'd better have another look at my MB type. So instead of filling in another endless questionnaire I took up TigerLily's video challenge and a few replies have started coming in:

Commune -> Bonfire -> Lounge -> Thread: Video Challenge! Not sure of your type? Let us help type you! -> Message #2523 and replies

As I suspected there is a bit of discussion around the F/T dimension. Some swear I'm what I say I am. Some swear I'm an INFP masquerading as a Ti. Others can't pick it but understand the problem.

I don't think there is a problem. There is NOTHING WRONG with being in balance. So I've altered my profile MB type from INTP firstly to INtP and now to INxP. I have some good evidence from my attitude towards my inferior function that I should move even further to INfP, thus making my Enneagram 4w5 a lot more plausible. I will however go back to the questionnaires first and see what I come up with. Of course being in balance has enormous implications for dominant and auxiliary functions but I'm not convinced there's a problem here either. I need to have a long look at what has already been posted on TypeC about functions for in-balance people and see if I can hook up to that. Otherwise I'll need to start a new thread.

And it hasn't just been a one way street. I've been able to put something back by helping others.
    I wouldn't worry, the various type groups of this forum are never satisfied with your type. Afterall there's NO WAY you could ever be their type.

Long point cut short; most people misappropriate the theory....not for growth as I believe it was intended, but to reaffirm old habits and prejudices.

It's why I sometimes prefer the enneagram which at least voices criticism and areas of conflict for an individual. Rather than "WHA-HEY HERES YOUR TYPE. MY MY ARENT YOU COOOOOOOL??!"

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

I will however go back to the questionnaires first and see what I come up with. Of course being in balance has enormous implications for dominant and auxiliary functions.
    Hmmm I did. Big mistake. Slight but definite preference for F over T. And now I find J/P in balance too. So I'm an INxx am I? There's more than one way to skin a cat though and I can say that of all the types in IN corner the INTJ is the one I identify least with. Given that I'm convinced Te is my real shadow, INfp sounds about right. I'm going to alter myself to that and just darned well get used to it. Thank you all for your various inputs - and NOT all of that is necessarily in threads I've contributed to,
    Cognitive functions:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Hmmm I did. Big mistake. Slight but definite preference for F over T. And now I find J/P in balance too. So I'm an INxx am I? There's more than one way to skin a cat though and I can say that of all the types in IN corner the INTJ is the one I identify least with. Given that I'm convinced Te is my real shadow, INfp sounds about right. I'm going to alter myself to that and just darned well get used to it. Thank you all for your various inputs - and NOT all of that is necessarily in threads I've contributed to,
    Have you looked at cognitive functions? It might help to clarify some things.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Well. Looks like I've been on here for 8 days now. Do you know - I can write whatever the hell I like. Nobody judges me. Nobody thinks I'm a complete tosser. This is pretty much a public forum and I can be myself in a roomful of thousands and be so totally without fear. I know that eventually I'm going to say or do something incredibly stupid but, unless I'm prepared to risk that, I cannot be myself. And do you know - I'm totally confident that if this happens I WILL be OK.
    Yes, Central is remarkable in that we are free to say what we want. On the other hand it puts a lot back on us to say what we want.