What were you like when you were 22?
    And what are you like now?

What has changed, if anything?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

welcome zelo1954

I look forward to reading your posts!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Hey.

What were you like when you were 22?
    Somewhat lost. I had no idea how the world worked. It appalled me that I had to find a direction and earn a living. I was at London Uni doing a higher degree - and wasn't very good either. I Had the chance to move to NZ at age 23 which I took.

Got married in NZ, higher degree was going much better, but I became a bit of an arrogant tosspot that thought he was God's gift to the world. This was the case until the end of the 80s when I'd have been around 40 even after my career in science had fallen in a screaming heap.

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    And what are you like now?
    This phase has its origins in the big economic changes of the 80s (happened all the way round the world at the same time) and, as I said before, my ENFP girlfriend (platonic) introducing me to the MBTI. This was the start of my becoming more self-aware and more aware of the value of others. I also had a major swing in political views from right (because trade unions had too much power) to left (because big bizznuss had/still has too much power) - and now probably more green than anything. I also became religious (I'm an INTP - so liberal Christian, never, never, EVER fundamentalist) in 1999 after the death of a Down's child. I count theology as one of my major interests. I probably haven't changed a great deal since the turn of the century and not a lot more since about 1990.

Incidently it took me about TWO YEARS to work out that I had an INTP rather than INFP preference. Whenever strife occurred it was always that IT function I turned to. However, what I do try to do is use others' advice and prefer F for decisions about people and T for decisions about things. But, as I said, T will overrule F when in doubt.

You do develop a certain wisdom as you grow older and I like to think I have done that. However very little of it involves the concrete world of big bizznuss about which I know very little and I'm happy to keep it that way. What matters to me is humanities, arts, and sciences. All the rest is bullshit.

Enneagram
    4w5

Welcome and great to have you here...

Welcome aboard, Geoff.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Welcome
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Retired by not retiring - for the more we post, the more replies we receive.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

You're all far too kind to me. Hopefully that will prevent me from going into hibernation

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I refuse to call you Geoff because we already have one. Zelo it is. :3 Haai!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Well. Looks like I've been on here for 8 days now. Do you know - I can write whatever the hell I like. Nobody judges me. Nobody thinks I'm a complete tosser. This is pretty much a public forum and I can be myself in a roomful of thousands and be so totally without fear. I know that eventually I'm going to say or do something incredibly stupid but, unless I'm prepared to risk that, I cannot be myself. And do you know - I'm totally confident that if this happens I WILL be OK.