Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ohai!

What kind of literature is your favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Welcome again
    Thank you, again! Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Ohai!

What kind of literature is your favorite?
    Hey! I love British Literature, it's really my favorite, principally of the 19th century one, Charlotte and Emily Brontë, Jane Austen, Dickens, etc. I'm in this line between gothic romanticism and realism. I'm getting my degree in Brazilian and Portuguese Literature and Linguistics too, I like modernism in the Brazilian Literature, but I intend to get a masters degree in British Literature as well. And you?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Hey! I love British Literature, it's really my favorite, principally of the 19th century one, Charlotte and Emily Brontë, Jane Austen, Dickens, etc. I'm in this line between gothic romanticism and realism. I'm getting my degree in Brazilian and Portuguese Literature and Linguistics too, I like modernism in the Brazilian Literature, but I intend to get a masters degree in British Literature as well. And you?
    I like British lit too, but I think I mostly have a broader knowledge of American modern lit and the Lost Generation in Paris, as well as liking some German/English Gothic Romanticism and Russian Realism.

Argh, linguistics, ha ha...enjoy that. It's not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I like British lit too, but I think I mostly have a broader knowledge of American modern lit and the Lost Generation in Paris, as well as liking some German/English Gothic Romanticism and Russian Realism.

Argh, linguistics, ha ha...enjoy that. It's not for me.
    Oh, great! Some of my favorite books are from American modern literature, such as "The Catcher in the Rye" and "To Kill a Mockingbird". I'm exploring Russian literature slowly, beginning from Dostoyevsky, Tolstoi, you know, firstly more popular authors...

And yeah, I hate Linguistics too, but in my university we can't choose to study them separately (linguistics or literature), only in the masters degree we can focus on what we really like... unfortunately.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Rosabel View Post
    Thank you, again! Hahaha

I like realism as well. Madame Bovary is one of my favorites. :P One of my comp lit professors specialized in Portuguese and Brazilian literature and we had to read this Brazilian novel (translated into English) for class but honestly I never bought the book and kinda nodded my head and took notes during class in that section. I wish I had read it though, both to have actually read it and also because I might be able to throw out a tidbit of chit chat now. :P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I like realism as well. Madame Bovary is one of my favorites. :P One of my comp lit professors specialized in Portuguese and Brazilian literature and we had to read this Brazilian novel (translated into English) for class but honestly I never bought the book and kinda nodded my head and took notes during class in that section. I wish I had read it though, both to have actually read it and also because I might be able to throw out a tidbit of chit chat now. :P
    Hahahah, I like Madame Bovary as well! Do you remember the name of the book? I'm curious... (: