User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default just another person

I recently did a mbti test and found myself to be INFJ. I think it would have stopped there had it not been for the descriptions matching myself so well. Anyway, what really got me interested was not that it described me accurately, but the way it describes my friend... who happens to be INTJ.

So i've been having issues with my friend and was in fact about to close the door on him for being rather hurtful, but reading a bit about his personality type (which is eeriely accurate) changed my mind. My discovery of MBTI has caused me to re-evaluate a lot of my actions and those around me in a very new and enlightening way. I view MBTI as a way for me to improve my personal relationships with others and learn to better cope and interact with them.

Intuition only takes you so far since you only have yourself as a model for understanding. Anyway, i guess that's mainly why i'm here - to understand everyone else better... starting with you guys

By the way, should i appear to be any other type, please let me know. I think i might be a bit INFP... my I and J are rather low.. 22 and 11 respectively. I wouldn't be surprised if the test I took isn't completely accurate either.

MBTI
    INFP

wow, you are refreshing.

Glad to have you. There is much to be learned, young grasshopper.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by halfaninstant View Post
    ... So i've been having issues with my friend and was in fact about to close the door on him for being rather hurtful, but reading a bit about his personality type (which is eeriely accurate) changed my mind. My discovery of MBTI has caused me to re-evaluate a lot of my actions and those around me in a very new and enlightening way.
    Good to hear you find MBTI helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by halfaninstant View Post

By the way, should i appear to be any other type, please let me know. I think i might be a bit INFP... my I and J are rather low.. 22 and 11 respectively. I wouldn't be surprised if the test I took isn't completely accurate either.

Read about Fe (extroverted feeling) and Fi (Introverted Feeling), they are very different. It should put the issue to rest forever for you and then you'll be certain between INFJ and INFP. Though reading your blog, my first impression is INFP, but there's no reason to think I know what I am talking about however!

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Welcome!
    Don't overanalyse us, we'll do that for you
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INFP

Thank you guys! =)

I think i could be FP as well, but i do very much value action... my first pass through the internet seem to point that out as a difference. yeah, i will probably have to do a bit deeper digging.

---

after further reading, i've decide that although i do in fact have an introverted ethics system, there are implications of being INFP that doesn't fit me personally, and that there are things under INFJ that i do identify with. I think that personality type alone is an incomplete function of who we are and how we act- there is also maturity and perception regarding the world around us. Anyway, I don't identify myself close enough to either for me to comfortably say i'm one or the other, so think I'm going to have to stick with INFx... I still feel that mbti holds great insight as to why we act the way we do and look forward to both learning more about it and seeing you guys around the forum =)
    Last edited by halfaninstant; 05-19-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: read more on introverted / extroverted ethics

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

you should read bluewing's INFJ and INFP profiles.

they're ridiculously long, but i guarantee you'll figure it out from them.

(do a search for INFP profile or INFJ profile)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Ugh, not another PERSON.

MBTI
    INFP

i swear - i thought i was something special.. until i woke up one day and found out there's another 3 billion * 5% other INFx... =) feels nice being just another person though..

MBTI
    INXP

Half an instant person? So... we open your packet, add boiling water, and you half appear? Seems less than satisfactory!

( hi )