User Tag List

First 12

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by halfaninstant View Post
    Thank you guys! =)

I think i could be FP as well, but i do very much value action... my first pass through the internet seem to point that out as a difference. yeah, i will probably have to do a bit deeper digging.

---

after further reading, i've decide that although i do in fact have an introverted ethics system, there are implications of being INFP that doesn't fit me personally, and that there are things under INFJ that i do identify with. I think that personality type alone is an incomplete function of who we are and how we act- there is also maturity and perception regarding the world around us. Anyway, I don't identify myself close enough to either for me to comfortably say i'm one or the other, so think I'm going to have to stick with INFx... I still feel that mbti holds great insight as to why we act the way we do and look forward to both learning more about it and seeing you guys around the forum =)
    INFP will spend more time thinking about perfecting their own values and perspectives and INFJ will spend more time thinking about how to proselytize those views out into the world. jmo.

You might find this test helpful.

MBTI
    INFP

Hey dissonance -

thanks for the suggestion!

you were absolutely right - those posts completely clarified my issues. I am definately NOT INFJ- must be INFP. However, there were points about the INFP that truly doesn't apply to me.

"Much like the INFP will disregard not only concrete facts or empirical observations of the outer world, but also ideas that do not comport to their intricate feeling-based system of values."

- I do not think that this is true for me. I take pride in finding truth.. my world is a reflection of my best understanding of the external world around me. New information is no dismissed, but integrated. if it can not be, i would first challenge my views rather than dismiss concrete truth... provided they are truths. Show me concrete evidence that refute my understanding of the world and you will have changed me.

"The Extroverted Feeler, is the go-getter, one who likely will do all that is necessary in order to achieve the goal of being loved, ostensibly by attempting to 'love others'. Yet the INFP needs to be engaged first."
    +
    "INFP will be more than happy removing their grasp from the external world"

- this is also not true... but perhaps it is more a result of what i feel as my purpose in life. my internal world is great, but without exerting a positive change in my environment, i feel unfulfilled. i have a vision of how the world should be, and i feel the need to make it more so. Running away from building relationship, and thus influence, will only take me in the opposite direction.

i think that these things were the cause of my doubt in the INFP classification. Oh well, i definately resonate more with the INFP Profile than the INFJ. Almost everything else on the profile of an INFP fits me.

but yeah, i've also taken several other MBTI tests and have come up with INFJ though. *shrug* go figure.

MBTI
    INFP

hey heart -

i took your advice and visited the site...

It says i'm INFJ, though i could aso be ENFJ or INFP...

The following are my stats, though i'm not 100% sure what it means.

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.6)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.5)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.6)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.5)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.5)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************* (33.9)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.7)
    good use

Hey Geoff -

Don't forget to add sugar and cream! (thanks for the welcome )
    Last edited by halfaninstant; 05-19-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: typos

MBTI
    INFP

the last link is actually one of the site i visited and end up confusing me...

INFPs are known as "Harmonizer-Clarifiers." "Harmonizing" is how they see themselves, and "Clarifying" is what others notice they do.

INFJs are known as "Foreseer-Developers." "Foreseeing" is what they see themselves doing, and "Developing" is what others notice they do.

i define myself by my vision for what i want to be, and do. i don't try to clarify what i do to people, i work toward my vision.

But i am definately INFP - everything is based on internal emotions. anyway, i think it's set - i'm INFP. Thanks for the links though, found the one on extroverted feeling to be fascinating as i have never seen social behaviors in that light. it gives me a better understanding why people are so needy with open acknowledgement that i'm here and still their friend... always wanting me to call them.

to me, once you're a friend, nothing changes that unless you purposefully hurt me. you're different views makes you unique and wonderful to be around, as it gives me a different perspetive on my internal life and values, either reaffirming them or challenging them, but always bringing them closer to the truth. outside of being hurtful and betrayal, a friend and i could not see each other for 10 years and i will still feel like nothing has changed between us. i in fact expect nothing to have changed - but well.. recently, i've learned that to be a rather naive expectation. people are different and their requirements for friendship is as well.
    Last edited by halfaninstant; 05-19-2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typos again =(