User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Has anyone else been drastically mistyped?

Hello,

I'm completely new here. I tend to lurk on forums but this one is just too interesting to not participate. When I enrolled in college I took the official MBTI. It scored me ENFP. Every personality test I've looked at since (along with my own observations) describes an INTP. MY parents are ISTJ and ISTP. Both pushed practicality as a central virtue. My abstract Ti drove (and still drives) both of them crazy. Also I seem to be able to make the tests say whatever I want them to say so I don't completely trust my answers. I'm trying to find out if I've typed myself correctly and if other INTPs have had similar winding paths to correct typing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Hello and welcome.

Try to look more into the functions rather than the letter dichotomies. I frequently typed as an ISTJ on tests because the N/S questions were awful and made Ns out to be some sort of ESP psychics with no grip on reality, but there's no question that Ni and Te are dominant for me.

Function tests can be manipulated just as easily as MBTI tests, though, and the fact that you've acknowledged your influence on the results and recognise the dubious nature of tests does suggest NT.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    Hello,

I'm completely new here. I tend to lurk on forums but this one is just too interesting to not participate. When I enrolled in college I took the official MBTI. It scored me ENFP. Every personality test I've looked at since (along with my own observations) describes an INTP. MY parents are ISTJ and ISTP. Both pushed practicality as a central virtue. My abstract Ti drove (and still drives) both of them crazy. Also I seem to be able to make the tests say whatever I want them to say so I don't completely trust my answers. I'm trying to find out if I've typed myself correctly and if other INTPs have had similar winding paths to correct typing.
    There have been plewnty of times in my life where I have been mistaken for someone who gives a shit.
    You'll get used to it over time, it will be OK; I promise.

-Alex of Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    There have been plenty of times in my life where I have been mistaken for someone who gives a shit.
    That's one of the best sentences I've ever read.

MBTI
    INTP

Agreed ^

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I am an INTP who has had plenty of people tell me I am ISTP and/or INTJ, ISTP being the more common opinion. For a while I really thought I could be one of those types, but no, I am INTP, but who cares?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

No one has ever seemingly doubted my type, but then again I'm just that INTP I guess.

All the way in the beginning I wondered wether I was INTP or ENTP but didn't need much time to figure out I was INTP.

I must say the first time I tested myelf I was already 25, that might be a strong factor in me easily being able to spot my type. Ofcourse the younger you get, the rawer the cognative functions still are and the less likely any test would be accurate.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Glycerine

Welcome.

People seem deadset on introvert for me. hah! Someone who knew for only a week kept adamantly arguing with me about it but I just didn't want engage in what I considered stupidity so I didn't speak much. Some random people have thought IXTX at first glance.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Owlesque View Post
    Hello and welcome.

Try to look more into the functions rather than the letter dichotomies. I frequently typed as an ISTJ on tests because the N/S questions were awful and made Ns out to be some sort of ESP psychics with no grip on reality, but there's no question that Ni and Te are dominant for me.

Function tests can be manipulated just as easily as MBTI tests, though, and the fact that you've acknowledged your influence on the results and recognise the dubious nature of tests does suggest NT.
    Yeah I agree, ive had a similar problem as the OP.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Welcome, good luck on your travels
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~