User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    "Because of the adaptability, they can often behave like chameleons and respond to the behavioral clues from any type of person in any type of situation."

— Linda V. Berens

Berens was talking about SPs.

Then we have the people in this forum who have posted that NFJs are 'chameleons'.
    So what do we have?

SP chameleons
    INTP chameleons
    NFJ chameleons

What the hell, let's just classify everyone a chameleon type.

Btw, welcome to the forum.
    Maybe so, but enneagram 9 INTP's hold the chameleon crown!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Maybe so, but enneagram 9 INTP's hold the chameleon crown!
    Is that the crown you never actually wear?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Is that the crown you never actually wear?
    It's the crown you'll never see me wearing. But it's there, trust me.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's the crown you'll never see me wearing. But it's there, trust me.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5ay10RTGY"].[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Quite repulsive.

Anyhow, the only thing I want to say about chameleon behaviour in me (INTP's) is that is gets increasingly more complicated or hard to use when dealing with people that are important to me or have a strong effect on me. But it's been a very useful tool in my everyday life of business.

A few weeks ago I went to a day course with my sister (ESFJ) for a certificate we both needed for work (about social skills). Afterwards my sister told me she had never seen me so forward and open and inquired me as to what kind of weird mask I hide in my closet.

Needless to say, I passed with flying colors, whilest my sister was actually struggling with some of the concepts, even though she really is the social creature of the two of us.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Well okay then!

Maybe that isn't a good indication that I should be confident in my INTP results. My chameleon-ness is definitely learned behavior, possibly not innate in my personality, though I think it is. There is a distinction between people who can pick up on social clues and blend into a situation, which is most people, and people who do this to the extent beyond what is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    Hello,

I'm completely new here. I tend to lurk on forums but this one is just too interesting to not participate. When I enrolled in college I took the official MBTI. It scored me ENFP. Every personality test I've looked at since (along with my own observations) describes an INTP. MY parents are ISTJ and ISTP. Both pushed practicality as a central virtue. My abstract Ti drove (and still drives) both of them crazy. Also I seem to be able to make the tests say whatever I want them to say so I don't completely trust my answers. I'm trying to find out if I've typed myself correctly and if other INTPs have had similar winding paths to correct typing.
    Wow, your story is very much like my own. I manipulate tests to say whatever I want them to say, just like scientists manipulate studies to produce the results they want. Don't you wish test results weren't so controlling? Every time I take a test and I get "INTP" or "ESFJ" I get weird and INTPish or ESFJish. The sad truth is, TEST RESULTS ARE NATURAL LAWS THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED, OR A WORMHOLE WILL OPEN UP AND SUCK ALL OF US INTO PARALLEL WORLDS WHERE WEIRD MUTANT AMPHIBIANS WILL BEAT US WITH LONG POLES OF ANIMATED WOOD! Good Luck defying God and the Laws of Universe, "INTP".

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    Wow, your story is very much like my own. I manipulate tests to say whatever I want them to say, just like scientists manipulate studies to produce the results they want. Don't you wish test results weren't so controlling? Every time I take a test and I get "INTP" or "ESFJ" I get weird and INTPish or ESFJish. The sad truth is, TEST RESULTS ARE NATURAL LAWS THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED, OR A WORMHOLE WILL OPEN UP AND SUCK ALL OF US INTO PARALLEL WORLDS WHERE WEIRD MUTANT AMPHIBIANS WILL BEAT US WITH LONG POLES OF ANIMATED WOOD! Good Luck defying God and the Laws of Universe, "INTP".

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    You just spouted the meaning of life in the bolded.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm quite chameleon like, and I do it without even being aware of it. It's just the way I interact with people. I mirror their level of enthusiasm, whether they are serious or playful, incorporating the kinds of verbal expressions they use if I feel like it, etc. I feel like it's all part of sublanguages within the larger language, and if I am speaking with someone I want to speak in the same language (and I would like to learn theirs). the thing I can never fake is being extroverted. I usually come off as a bit shy and sometimes nervous until I get to know people. Social skills have been difficult for me to develop, and since the last 2 or 3 years I'm finally at a point where I'm satisfied and feel like I can comfortably navigate most situations. I can almost convince people I'm normal a fair amount of the time. I've learned this by using my Ne to "get inside people's heads" to kind of be an imaginary actress int heir roll, my Ti to analyze what specific things they are doing which work in social situations and why, my Si to see what of it feels like something I could identify with and incorporate into myself, and my Fe to help my Ne in sensing it all and then projecting it out into the world.