User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    It is even called the "chameleon type" because we tend to mirror other styles when interacting.
    Is it really? I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that. I have always considered myself a social chameleon. I had not come upon that fact in my research yet! I'm amazed!

MBTI
    INTP

Here is my source. The chameleon discussion is about half way through the "Secondary Function: Extroverted Intuition." The whole article is pretty good.

http://jamesbkim.com/content/intp-de...-very-nice-one

Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    It is even called the "chameleon type" because we tend to mirror other styles when interacting.
    "Because of the adaptability, they can often behave like chameleons and respond to the behavioral clues from any type of person in any type of situation."

— Linda V. Berens

Berens was talking about SPs.

Then we have the people in this forum who have posted that NFJs are 'chameleons'.
    So what do we have?

SP chameleons
    INTP chameleons
    NFJ chameleons

What the hell, let's just classify everyone a chameleon type.

Btw, welcome to the forum.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

chameleons are a lot worse at blending in than their reputation would indicate... I could TOTALLY see the little bastard who ran up my wall every night when I was in Brazil...

and what most people forget is that you don't even have to change to be considered one... other people just have to project themselves on you
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

So context is important then. When I think of chameleons, I think of people with no real set way of being with others. People who change their affect to blend in best with whomever they are interacting with in a particular moment. I think this way because I am biased toward F issues and interactions with others. Fe would be best at this because it is all about other people. Fe doms would be unsurpassed in this area, for better or worse.

If the context is physical environment, becoming one with your environ in more of an objective way, then perhaps Se doms are best. Making yourself a useful part of the territory around you; melding with it and adapting as needed.

Same with Te and Ne. Not exactly sure how. But it just all depends on the context as to who the best chameleons are.

Haven't read that article. Will peruse it now...

~A
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What the hell, let's just classify everyone a chameleon type.
    People are likely, fairly chameleonish (yeah I made that word up) regardless of type. I'm just going on what little I've read and lots of personal experience.

I've been every IP type at some point. I guess it shows a strong identification for the temperment itself. When I first took a test as a teen (a long time ago), I was in a bad situation. They gave me a test while I was in rehab. I got INFP (not that INFPs are in rehab.. I was just going through unusually sensitive points in my life, and my attitude was different. Different in negative ways too. I think actual INFPs are positive).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    chameleons are a lot worse at blending in than their reputation would indicate... I could TOTALLY see the little bastard who ran up my wall every night when I was in Brazil...
    For a moment I thought you used the word "chameleon" in its figurative sense. What, there was someone running up her wall every night?!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Corax View Post
    For a moment I thought you used the word "chameleon" in its figurative sense. What, there was someone running up her wall every night?!
    I occasionally get an inordinate sense of glee in being literal when everyone else is being figurative!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett