User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been hanging out here and at INTP central for a few days now and it is enough to convince me I'm right. This place is fascinating and despite my individualism it is nice to know I'm not alone in thinking and acting the way I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Welcome.

People seem deadset on introvert for me. hah! Someone who knew for only a week kept adamantly arguing with me about it but I just didn't want engage in what I considered stupidity so I didn't speak much. Some random people have thought IXTX at first glance.
    I've spent most of my life repressing my natural preferences in order to do "the right/responsible thing." It hasn't worked out well. One happy accident is that I'm am fairly good at Fe. As a result, people don't always think of me as an introvert. Just reading some of the posts around here has reminded me how much I love to be in my own head.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Hi there!

I'm also new and also an INTP. I think.

It was very interesting to me to read your post on the difficulty you've had typing yourself. I have had similar problems in the sense that I am somewhat unsure if I am testable. Whenever I do the tests (I haven't taken an official one) I find that for most of the questions I could answer either way. I feel like I'm just making wild guesses at which way I am more, but just because I have to, not because I believe I am either way more than the other.

So my INTP is tentative, though it does sound like me when I read about it.

Anyways, welcome!

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    I've spent most of my life repressing my natural preferences in order to do "the right/responsible thing." It hasn't worked out well. One happy accident is that I'm am fairly good at Fe. As a result, people don't always think of me as an introvert. Just reading some of the posts around here has reminded me how much I love to be in my own head.
    It just makes you more interesting as an individual. I can be decent at Ti when I want to be but I do not prefer it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Welcome to the forums musicallogic. You may have people give a general thought of what type you may lean towards after regularising yourself here.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

It was very interesting to me to read your post on the difficulty you've had typing yourself. I have had similar problems in the sense that I am somewhat unsure if I am testable. Whenever I do the tests (I haven't taken an official one) I find that for most of the questions I could answer either way. I feel like I'm just making wild guesses at which way I am more, but just because I have to, not because I believe I am either way more than the other.

So my INTP is tentative, though it does sound like me when I read about it.
    Welcome to you as well!
    Check out http://intpcentral.com/ I think it is a sister site to this one. The group dynamics are *ahem* interesting. You will get insight into the minds of other INTPs. The site is great if you are looking for a mental rabbit hole to go down.

My issue with the tests is that words have shades of meaning that can completely change my answer. I hate multiple choice tests. I always want to write an essay so that I can clearly define which meaning shade I'm using and explain the logic of my position. It doesn't help that I am curious about how they score the tests so I do experiments to try to get different results. From what I understand the lack of certainty is typical of an INTP. It is even called the "chameleon type" because we tend to mirror other styles when interacting. Keep in mind it is a spectrum and you may be in the middle on a couple (or even all) preferences. At the end of the day you are who you are and that is all that really matters.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Welcome to you as well!
    Check out http://intpcentral.com/ I think it is a sister site to this one. The group dynamics are *ahem* interesting. You will get insight into the minds of other INTPs. The site is great if you are looking for a mental rabbit hole to go down.

My issue with the tests is that words have shades of meaning that can completely change my answer. I hate multiple choice tests. I always want to write an essay so that I can clearly define which meaning shade I'm using and explain the logic of my position. It doesn't help that I am curious about how they score the tests so I do experiments to try to get different results. From what I understand the lack of certainty is typical of an INTP. It is even called the "chameleon type" because we tend to mirror other styles when interacting. Keep in mind it is a spectrum and you may be in the middle on a couple (or even all) preferences. At the end of the day you are who you are and that is all that really matters.
    Yeah you're intp.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yes. I tested as INTJ in high school, but I was far from functional and knowing myself. Then in early college I tested as INFP, then a year or so ago I reevaluated things and analyzed it to death, and after extensive research decided I was INTP. Then I got on here and a bunch of people still seem to think I am INFP. I think I'm just flexible and multi-faceted.

Yes, this. Whenever I take a quiz I pick apart the answers and try to predict which ones go with which result. I can never completely take something "blindly" as a result. So I have to wonder if maybe this makes me biased, but I also think the extent that I analyze it points to NT.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have gotten INFJ on a test before, but I can even look at my very first post/thread here and see what an FP I am and always will be. La la la la run on chains of thought, et al.

I think I tested INFJ on a functions test because of all those "psychic" type questions, and also the idea that being J is "correct" in society, that it's more adult or responsible somehow to be a scheduled person. And I just am not. At all. For shame.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

For a few years I believed I was an "8" primary enneatype. Though I have an "8" in my stacking and know it, I no longer believe it to be my 1st placing. Always tested as an "8" many times. I'm certain that I'm a "5". I put too much faith in the accuracy of these online tests in the past.

I'm not Trunks

I've been mistype as an ISTJ/ISTP/INFJ. Anyway, welcome to the forum..