User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 41

  1. #11
    Member Musicallogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been hanging out here and at INTP central for a few days now and it is enough to convince me I'm right. This place is fascinating and despite my individualism it is nice to know I'm not alone in thinking and acting the way I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Welcome.

    People seem deadset on introvert for me. hah! Someone who knew for only a week kept adamantly arguing with me about it but I just didn't want engage in what I considered stupidity so I didn't speak much. Some random people have thought IXTX at first glance.
    I've spent most of my life repressing my natural preferences in order to do "the right/responsible thing." It hasn't worked out well. One happy accident is that I'm am fairly good at Fe. As a result, people don't always think of me as an introvert. Just reading some of the posts around here has reminded me how much I love to be in my own head.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Hi there!

    I'm also new and also an INTP. I think.

    It was very interesting to me to read your post on the difficulty you've had typing yourself. I have had similar problems in the sense that I am somewhat unsure if I am testable. Whenever I do the tests (I haven't taken an official one) I find that for most of the questions I could answer either way. I feel like I'm just making wild guesses at which way I am more, but just because I have to, not because I believe I am either way more than the other.

    So my INTP is tentative, though it does sound like me when I read about it.

    Anyways, welcome!

  3. #13
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    I've spent most of my life repressing my natural preferences in order to do "the right/responsible thing." It hasn't worked out well. One happy accident is that I'm am fairly good at Fe. As a result, people don't always think of me as an introvert. Just reading some of the posts around here has reminded me how much I love to be in my own head.
    It just makes you more interesting as an individual. I can be decent at Ti when I want to be but I do not prefer it.

  4. #14
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Welcome to the forums musicallogic. You may have people give a general thought of what type you may lean towards after regularising yourself here.

  5. #15
    Member Musicallogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

    It was very interesting to me to read your post on the difficulty you've had typing yourself. I have had similar problems in the sense that I am somewhat unsure if I am testable. Whenever I do the tests (I haven't taken an official one) I find that for most of the questions I could answer either way. I feel like I'm just making wild guesses at which way I am more, but just because I have to, not because I believe I am either way more than the other.

    So my INTP is tentative, though it does sound like me when I read about it.
    Welcome to you as well!
    Check out http://intpcentral.com/ I think it is a sister site to this one. The group dynamics are *ahem* interesting. You will get insight into the minds of other INTPs. The site is great if you are looking for a mental rabbit hole to go down.

    My issue with the tests is that words have shades of meaning that can completely change my answer. I hate multiple choice tests. I always want to write an essay so that I can clearly define which meaning shade I'm using and explain the logic of my position. It doesn't help that I am curious about how they score the tests so I do experiments to try to get different results. From what I understand the lack of certainty is typical of an INTP. It is even called the "chameleon type" because we tend to mirror other styles when interacting. Keep in mind it is a spectrum and you may be in the middle on a couple (or even all) preferences. At the end of the day you are who you are and that is all that really matters.

  6. #16
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    Welcome to you as well!
    Check out http://intpcentral.com/ I think it is a sister site to this one. The group dynamics are *ahem* interesting. You will get insight into the minds of other INTPs. The site is great if you are looking for a mental rabbit hole to go down.

    My issue with the tests is that words have shades of meaning that can completely change my answer. I hate multiple choice tests. I always want to write an essay so that I can clearly define which meaning shade I'm using and explain the logic of my position. It doesn't help that I am curious about how they score the tests so I do experiments to try to get different results. From what I understand the lack of certainty is typical of an INTP. It is even called the "chameleon type" because we tend to mirror other styles when interacting. Keep in mind it is a spectrum and you may be in the middle on a couple (or even all) preferences. At the end of the day you are who you are and that is all that really matters.
    Yeah you're intp.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #17
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Yes. I tested as INTJ in high school, but I was far from functional and knowing myself. Then in early college I tested as INFP, then a year or so ago I reevaluated things and analyzed it to death, and after extensive research decided I was INTP. Then I got on here and a bunch of people still seem to think I am INFP. I think I'm just flexible and multi-faceted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    My issue with the tests is that words have shades of meaning that can completely change my answer. I hate multiple choice tests. I always want to write an essay so that I can clearly define which meaning shade I'm using and explain the logic of my position. It doesn't help that I am curious about how they score the tests so I do experiments to try to get different results. From what I understand the lack of certainty is typical of an INTP. It is even called the "chameleon type" because we tend to mirror other styles when interacting. Keep in mind it is a spectrum and you may be in the middle on a couple (or even all) preferences. At the end of the day you are who you are and that is all that really matters.
    Yes, this. Whenever I take a quiz I pick apart the answers and try to predict which ones go with which result. I can never completely take something "blindly" as a result. So I have to wonder if maybe this makes me biased, but I also think the extent that I analyze it points to NT.

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I have gotten INFJ on a test before, but I can even look at my very first post/thread here and see what an FP I am and always will be. La la la la run on chains of thought, et al.

    I think I tested INFJ on a functions test because of all those "psychic" type questions, and also the idea that being J is "correct" in society, that it's more adult or responsible somehow to be a scheduled person. And I just am not. At all. For shame.


  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    310

    Default

    For a few years I believed I was an "8" primary enneatype. Though I have an "8" in my stacking and know it, I no longer believe it to be my 1st placing. Always tested as an "8" many times. I'm certain that I'm a "5". I put too much faith in the accuracy of these online tests in the past.

  10. #20
    I'm not Trunks
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    343

    Default

    I've been mistype as an ISTJ/ISTP/INFJ. Anyway, welcome to the forum..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 11:27 PM
  2. Has anyone else ever thought this would be fun?
    By DreamBeliever in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-16-2015, 10:07 PM
  3. Anyone else get mistyped often?
    By Kensei in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 01:14 AM
  4. Has anyone else read the comic strip Prince Valiant by Hal Foster?
    By BWCB1890 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 01:25 AM
  5. [ENFP] Has anyone else experienced this? (ENFP growing up in an overwhelmingly xSJx family).
    By cattywample in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 02:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO