User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: *Sneaks In*

Riva

Sneaky why do you call yourself a bastard?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Bastard View Post
    Dank je wel!
    Oh noes. Not a dutchy!

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ARGH
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    BLAh

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Sneaky why do you call yourself a bastard?

Cause I just like the term "sneaky bastard".

But technically I really am a bastard...in a biological sense. ...which just isn't the reason why I chose that name.

6w7(sw7w8) 9w1(sw1w2) 2w3(sw1w2)
    sp/sx ascetic

MBTI
    ARGH
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    BLAh

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Oh noes. Not a dutchy!

lol... nah, not exactly. It's a tiny bit more complicated.

6w7(sw7w8) 9w1(sw1w2) 2w3(sw1w2)
    sp/sx ascetic

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Bastard View Post
    lol... nah, not exactly. It's a tiny bit more complicated.
    Phew! It's never a good thing to put too many dutch people in an international environment. It causes others to experience great envy, and we would not want that. *shakes head*

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Phew! It's never a good thing to put too many dutch people in an international environment. It causes others to experience great envy, and we would not want that. *shakes head*
    Interesting! Why so?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Interesting! Why so?
    You should really tell me your type sometime. Even though I was obviously joking, if your question is serious and wants to know where the joke comes from, it's from this:

Legal marihuana, prostitution, gay marriages, adoption within gay marriages. Basicly in The Netherlands you can be yourself regardless of who you are.

Ofcourse I'm not saying anything about the potential downsides, but that's why it's meant as a joke and not a source for serious discussion.

MBTI
    ?

welcome @Sneaky Bastard, good to have you, and welcome to all the other PerC transients... haven't been on in a week and it's nothing familiar faces now (some of them badly disguised :P).

@Riva

as far as PerC going down? the new adds make it seem commercialized, but it also, from what they say, seems necessary. i can't speak for everyone else, and i don't want to turn this thread into my own list of opinions but, it's always the same thing for the most part: a cycle of threads that start out with looking at typology from a descriptional standpoint, and then progress to a more in-depth look, only to stagnate on Jung's words as in "that's it, don't speak of anything else"--rinse and repeat, over and over. not to mention that most subforums are made of people who base their persona on a description which completely flavors and changes what the site could be. (my 2 cents)

Quote Originally Posted by EntangledLight View Post
    not to mention that most subforums are made of people who base their persona on a description which completely flavors and changes what the site could be. (my 2 cents)
    I see a lot of this complaining about people "acting like their stereotype" but "should act differently" all over the place.

But what if those people really are the stereotypical versions of their archetypes ? Wouldn't that actually support / substantiate the reliability of those theories as a good basis of differentiation? If no one was the stereotypical version of their type, then that would mean that generalizations cannot be made and therefore these systems are worthless as a basis of sociological evaluation.

If those descriptions are wrong and that people shouldn't have those "personas" that make them seem like those descriptions, then in a sense we're all doing something wrong.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by EntangledLight View Post
    as far as PerC going down? the new adds make it seem commercialized, but it also, from what they say, seems necessary. i can't speak for everyone else, and i don't want to turn this thread into my own list of opinions but, it's always the same thing for the most part: a cycle of threads that start out with looking at typology from a descriptional standpoint, and then progress to a more in-depth look, only to stagnate on Jung's words as in "that's it, don't speak of anything else"--rinse and repeat, over and over. not to mention that most subforums are made of people who base their persona on a description which completely flavors and changes what the site could be. (my 2 cents)
    Ah thank you. Yes I've heard that about PerC.

Lolz...

It would have been horrifying if you said that the new wave of immigrant were a bunch of jerks who got banned from PerC for hacking the site. Lolz...