User Tag List

First 4567 Last

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    Nice to see I can get a Welcome from an ISTJ. I've had a father in Law who where an ISTJ army officer we diden't get along to well, I usually but heads alot with XSTJs when we have to deal with each other.
    I've heard this kind of thing (and often worded similarly) a number of times since I started visiting typology forums, and it surprised me at first. Learning about typology helped me understand a number of things about the base features of an Si user, and why those may rub some people the wrong way. I guess this can be said of any function to some extent. I've also encountered several ISTJs since who I find annoying for the same reasons other types do.

How do you find ENTPs Stephen?
    People I don't get along with are few and far between. The two people in real life I've had the most trouble being comfortable around were Fe doms, and the people I've had the most trouble with online are Ne doms. That's hardly global, though. I have a long time online friend, devoid on PerC, who types herself as ENTP. I have another on there, dancnonthestars, also ENTP. And our own @The Great One was no picnic to moderate before he got banned over there, but I still can't help but find his over the top antics hilarious here. It's easy for me to see he means well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I've heard this kind of thing (and often worded similarly) a number of times since I started visiting typology forums, and it surprised me at first. Learning about typology helped me understand a number of things about the base features of an Si user, and why those may rub some people the wrong way. I guess this can be said of any function to some extent. I've also encountered several ISTJs since who I find annoying for the same reasons other types do.

People I don't get along with are few and far between. The two people in real life I've had the most trouble being comfortable around were Fe doms, and the people I've had the most trouble with online are Ne doms. That's hardly global, though. I have a long time online friend, devoid on PerC, who types herself as ENTP. I have another on there, dancnonthestars, also ENTP. And our own @The Great One was no picnic to moderate before he got banned over there, but I still can't help but find his over the top antics hilarious here. It's easy for me to see he means well.

Yeah im usually fine hanging out with anyone ENTPs are pretty easy going when it comes to mundane tasks. However in the workplace or when tasks need to be done there can be huge problem areas. I guess the S and J causes a detail level perfection thats hard for an Ne user to deal with and it annoys the shit out of us both when this happens. I think its irrelavent and the XSTJ thinks im not all there doing my work/task.

As well in discussions I always try to be humble but i find it hard discussing with XSTJ cause of the clash of what is and what could be. They often tell me that i dont live in reality and i respond that it infact is a clash and i see what can be not what is.

Im in no way attributing this to you. I just want your perspective my Ne needs to feed...:P
    "Im right here, Deal with me!"

The Iron Giant

I guess the S and J causes a detail level perfection thats hard for an Ne user to deal with and it annoys the shit out of us both when this happens. I think its irrelavent and the XSTJ thinks im not all there doing my work/task.
    I like thinking about type in terms of functions instead of dichotomies. In that sense, it's what's represented by the combination of the S and the J that's having the impact here, specifically Si combined with extraverted judgment. I'm not sure if that's what you were already saying. The woman I work with I have the most trouble with is an ESFJ. She drowns in her impressions. We got off on the wrong foot when I started, and she's been wary of me since. It's been a little while too... like nine years now. She seems to be in an almost constant state of stress, even though I find her workload totally manageable (I've done her job when she's out). She is also highly touchy about things that I only find mildly annoying and sometimes entertaining, like another ESFJ coworker of ours who sings and whistles incessantly.

As well in discussions I always try to be humble but i find it hard discussing with XSTJ cause of the clash of what is and what could be. They often tell me that i dont live in reality and i respond that it infact is a clash and i see what can be not what is.
    That's funny, because Si users do not typically perceive what really is either. We usually look at the world through a shell of impressions, and fail to recognize how things really are. Often our experiences align with reality, and that makes us very practical in those instances, but especially when it comes to people, we can come across as blind or devaluing.

Im in no way attributing this to you. I just want your perspective my Ne needs to feed...:P
    That's cool. I like to feed mine too, it just bites me a lot when I do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I like thinking about type in terms of functions instead of dichotomies. In that sense, it's what's represented by the combination of the S and the J that's having the impact here, specifically Si combined with extraverted judgment. I'm not sure if that's what you were already saying. The woman I work with I have the most trouble with is an ESFJ. She drowns in her impressions. We got off on the wrong foot when I started, and she's been wary of me since. It's been a little while too... like nine years now. She seems to be in an almost constant state of stress, even though I find her workload totally manageable (I've done her job when she's out). She is also highly touchy about things that I only find mildly annoying and sometimes entertaining, like another ESFJ coworker of ours who sings and whistles incessantly.
    Yeah thats what I meant just couldent point out the Si/Se since I wrote XSTJ. And I agree i find it frustrating talking to people whom recently introduced to MBTI and try to explain the diffrence between a functional analysis and one based on the letters alone.

ESFJs are a lot for me to, I have one college to that I mentioned before and I always have to do lots of his work, and he signs and fools around alot i woulden't mind if it was entertaining, but i just ignore it, it dosent bother my just that he dosen't do his workload, seems aswell ESFJ has problems taking orders from a younger supervisor.

That's funny, because Si users do not typically perceive what really is either. We usually look at the world through a shell of impressions, and fail to recognize how things really are. Often our experiences align with reality, and that makes us very practical in those instances, but especially when it comes to people, we can come across as blind or devaluing.
    Yeah i get that "blind and devaluing" thing, I dont care but my ESFJ and ESTP college wanna kill and ESTJ at work at least one time a week.

That's cool. I like to feed mine too, it just bites me a lot when I do.
    Mine dosent bite but sometimes it get way to much data for my Ti to handle.
    "Im right here, Deal with me!"

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

verrcome
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

The Iron Giant

Yeah thats what I meant just couldent point out the Si/Se since I wrote XSTJ. And I agree i find it frustrating talking to people whom recently introduced to MBTI and try to explain the diffrence between a functional analysis and one based on the letters alone.
    Yes. I was recently part of a discussion on another forum about a possible correlation between typology systems and intuition vs sensation. The observation made was that intuitives seemed to generally prefer MBTI while sensors seemed to want to get into the functional components.

ESFJs are a lot for me to, I have one college to that I mentioned before and I always have to do lots of his work, and he signs and fools around alot i woulden't mind if it was entertaining, but i just ignore it, it dosent bother my just that he dosen't do his workload, seems aswell ESFJ has problems taking orders from a younger supervisor.
    I have some good ESFJ friends who I wouldn't trade. It's just the one I can't get along with. The others don't seem particularly stubborn or anything. I think Si can make a person pretty stubborn, but Fe goes a long way to smoothing off the edges of that.

Mine dosent bite but sometimes it get way to much data for my Ti to handle.
    I wonder a lot what conscious Ne must be like. I understand it functionally, and I've seen it in action, but all it gives me is worry, since it's at the bottom of my personality.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

People I don't get along with are few and far between. The two people in real life I've had the most trouble being comfortable around were Fe doms, and the people I've had the most trouble with online are Ne doms. That's hardly global, though. I have a long time online friend, devoid on PerC, who types herself as ENTP. I have another on there, dancnonthestars, also ENTP. And our own The Great One was no picnic to moderate before he got banned over there, but I still can't help but find his over the top antics hilarious here. It's easy for me to see he means well.
    What do you mean? The infractions brought us closer to one another. LMFAO!

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    What do you mean? The infractions brought us closer to one another. LMFAO!
    I did feel closer to you every time I infracted you, yes. I think.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I did feel closer to you every time I infracted you, yes. I think.
    I've been straightening up here, so I have yet to receive an infraction here. I'm just not feeling the love man.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

*cough* tone down the PDA a little, will ya?

sheesh get a room! :P
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]