User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    What?! Im not immrotal? all previous evidence on my life experience suggested otherwise, Shit!
    Omgoshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the paradox of Si -

I have been living for this many years therefore I will continue to live for more 'that many' years and therefore the cycle would continue and I would live forever.

Hmmmmm......

Is that called a paradox or is there a better word for it?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Omgoshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the paradox of Si -

I have been living for this many years therefore I will continue to live for more 'that many' years and therefore the cycle would continue and I would live forever.

Hmmmmm......

Is that called a paradox or is there a better word for it?
    Dont know if it's a pradox, but if i where the only person around i would never see anyone die and therefore i would not know that I would one day day. So i think it might just be lack of data. However just because other people day it dosent neccecary mean that i will, but most of all the people that ever lived have died so its hard to think that im not like other people. But in many ways im not...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It's not a paradox. Just another form of ignorance is bliss.

...And damn can reality suck. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    hmmmm.....

Maybe @Rasofy will give you a better answer. He is a gigantic nerd well-versed about these things.

Actually he watches animal planet.
    Suspicion is the reason animals attack before you have the chance to attack them; without suspicion they'd need to be attacked first, which would put them in a bad position.
    And if I'm a deer drinking water, and I see a lioness approaching the lake to drink water, I'm not gonna assume she is there just to drink water.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Suspicion is the reason animals attack before you have the chance to attack them; without suspicion they'd need to be attacked first, which would put them in a bad position.
    And if I'm a deer drinking water, and I see a lioness approaching the lake to drink water, I'm not gonna assume she is there just to drink water.
    Ohh I cant stand these kind of analogical arguments. You realize where not dear and lions right? We are human beings with a pre-frontal cortex with the ability to suppress these animal instincts.

Thats why you should beware of animals they act on instinct and stimulus we do as well but we have higher cognitive functions that allows us to choose not to act on these.

Now one could argue that in a metaphysical sense we dont have any free will, and so be it, we still have other functions then animals and you cant draw lines between these.

I dont know how you would even transfer your analogy to human behavior. You want to walk around suspicious every minute of every day that someone is gonna rip you into a darked alley and rape-robb-murder you? or that your work colleges is gonna talk shit to the boss?

The first one would suck, but human beings seldom do that shit, the second one happens every day but who gives a fuck there idiots for gossiping at the meantime im doing my job...

Sure one should be vary of potential threats encountering certain situations. But please make that crappy analogy go away, its just rubbish from the people that want to increase fear in us...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Also, not two weeks ago I encountered a fox (and I'm seriously, seriously not making this up. I know how convenient it sounds with Riva and everything but this is 100% true story), near the sea dunes in the netherlands in a harbor at 1am at night (Was waiting for a boat to arrive with some people I had to bring to another location, no drugs involved mkay). I saw him searching around for food and whatnot, and when I saw him go into what seemed to be somewhat of a corner area, I decided to slowly go closer (slowly and quitly as to not alarm him), hoping he wouldnt notice me and see him up close. I love animals and have spent a lot of time observing wildlife. So anyway, I was standing still, tryig to look for the fox that seemingly dissappeared, then he pops up from behind a corner close to me, he runs back and forth the concrete sniffing the air, eventually circling around me, at literally 2 feet distance! On the other side, now on my side where the wind was going, he realized something was amiss and looked up at me for like 2 seconds, we looked eye to eye. I was standing perfectly still and calm like my usual self. And then he just scurried off at the same pace he was scurrying around with just moments ago with his nose on the ground.

Did he seriously not see me, or was he genuinly not suspicious of me? I wonder....

Also, was a full grown fox, not a particularly young one.

The encounter made it to the top 5 of all wildlife encounters I had. The best one was when I was a teenager standing face to face with three large red deer bucks, about 6 meters ahead of me, who all three just looked at me in this "wtf are you?" kind of way for what seemed an eternity (just a few seconds in reality tho :P ) until they ran off.

I must say, animals have a tendendy to feel comfortable around me. Dogs, cats, I seem to attract them all. So maybe I just have a certain aura or vibe that doesnt alarm animals much. But it could very well be a real life experience refuting your very opinion!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

[...]
    First, that reply was to Riva, not to you. Second, I was half-joking. Third, I don't even know what's the situation here (thread is tl;dr).
    I dont know how you would even transfer your analogy to human behavior. You want to walk around suspicious every minute of every day that someone is gonna rip you into a darked alley and rape-robb-murder you?
    No, but if the person is carrying a gun he is not supposed to be carrying I'd be cautious.
    or that your work colleges is gonna talk shit to the boss?
    Depends on the person.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    First, that reply was to Riva, not to you. Second, I was half-joking. Third, I don't even know what's the situation here (thread is tl;dr).
    HAHA, sorry I went on a rant, it's just I hear this shit all them time from people that are serious so it just triggers something in me :P

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

HAHA, sorry I went on a rant, it's just I hear this shit all them time from people that are serious so it just triggers something in me :P
    Heh. Got it. Welcome, btw.
    -----------------

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Also, not two weeks ago I encountered a fox (and I'm seriously, seriously not making this up. I know how convenient it sounds with Riva and everything but this is 100% true story), near the sea dunes in the netherlands in a harbor at 1am at night (Was waiting for a boat to arrive with some people I had to bring to another location, no drugs involved mkay). I saw him searching around for food and whatnot, and when I saw him go into what seemed to be somewhat of a corner area, I decided to slowly go closer (slowly and quitly as to not alarm him), hoping he wouldnt notice me and see him up close. I love animals and have spent a lot of time observing wildlife. So anyway, I was standing still, tryig to look for the fox that seemingly dissappeared, then he pops up from behind a corner close to me, he runs back and forth the concrete sniffing the air, eventually circling around me, at literally 2 feet distance! On the other side, now on my side where the wind was going, he realized something was amiss and looked up at me for like 2 seconds, we looked eye to eye. I was standing perfectly still and calm like my usual self. And then he just scurried off at the same pace he was scurrying around with just moments ago with his nose on the ground.

Did he seriously not see me, or was he genuinly not suspicious of me? I wonder....

Also, was a full grown fox, not a particularly young one.

The encounter made it to the top 5 of all wildlife encounters I had. The best one was when I was a teenager standing face to face with three large red deer bucks, about 6 meters ahead of me, who all three just looked at me in this "wtf are you?" kind of way for what seemed an eternity (just a few seconds in reality tho :P ) until they ran off.

I must say, animals have a tendendy to feel comfortable around me. Dogs, cats, I seem to attract them all. So maybe I just have a certain aura or vibe that doesnt alarm animals much. But it could very well be a real life experience refuting your very opinion!
    Cool man, yeah animals are really cool things but the can be scary as shit to. I've lived in the djungle in Thailand and spent time in India aswell trekking and I had some scary encounters.

Walking home some days from town the paved an lit road dident go all the way to the huts/houses whatever (this was at the foot of Doi suthep if anyones been there) there used to be about 5-10 stray dogs that hanged out around the trash bins we placed next to the paved road for pickup eating the trash, and these where some scary dogs they dident give a fuck infested with all sorts of diseases occupying a abondoned house next to the road aggresiviely defending there territory. However coming back I usually carried a baton to defend myself.

I talked to a Thai neighbor and he said "yeah the dogs are scary but you should really beware when there not around" I asked why and got the answer "cause then the snake is hunting".

At first I thought he was kidding and trying to scare me, thais have a perverse sense of humor, however driving my bike home one day about 2 km away from home theres a gathering of people on the road, I saw a huge snake several meters long it had eaten a dog and they had called the veterinary to come get it cause it blocked the road and coulden't move. Later I learned it was a pit viper, aperently a pit viper can stand up and look you in the face and thailand has an even bigger snake some sort of Boa constrictor that apperently eat pitvipers. Needless to say the next time I walked back to the house and the dogs where gone, standing there with a baton I did not feel like a big strong Thaiboxer, Right there and then if the snake was there and wanted to eat me I was in his world, dark as night with no way of detecting it and no means of protection those where the scariest 500 m I ever walked...

I dont know if the fox diden't see you, but we have some of them around Sweden growing up in the countryside we saw them from time to time and they always seemed curios, a bit tenative but not really scared just alert. There cool.