User Tag List

Thread: Hello INTP ers

MBTI
    INTP

Default Hello INTP ers

So I have only recently discovered typology (As in I took the test last night and have now spent about 8 hours reading about it), and apparently I am (an?) INTP. Reading some of the descriptions and profiles were scary and ego-bruising in their accuracy. One the one hand, I am happy to have a something to help me understand myself better with, but on the other I am also the kind of person who hates to be well-defined by a wordpress webpage . Such is me.

Still trying to see how I can use this to my advantage. I think I suffer from a lot of the other same issues as a lot of people here, such as anxiety, PROCRASTINATION, lacking a sense of meaning or purpose, and a general malaise. Constant question in my life, now that I have had a few jobs where I thought the work meaningless, the bosses stupid, and the hours silly, I haven't been able to take a next step. Life is a serious affair!

hifideo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It's interesting that finding out there are people more similar to you than you thought was ego-bruising for you. For me, it was nearly the opposite because I'd thought there was something wrong with me. Knowing that there were other space aliens out there all on their own trying to figure out how to pretend to be human too, and that we actually had a function and role in human society really helped me orient myself in a positive direction.

Also, Hi. And welcome.
    INTP; 5w6
    The Intense, Cerebral Type:
    Perceptive, Innovative, Secretive, and Isolated

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by hifideo View Post
    So I have only recently discovered typology (As in I took the test last night and have now spent about 8 hours reading about it), and apparently I am (an?) INTP.
    Being INTP is I think the proper way, but I've seen both used and either are fine with me. I suppose it depends on wether you pronounce it as 'Aye-En-Tee-Pee' or as 'Intp'. I am Aye-Enn-Tee-Pee. I am an 'INTP'.

Reading some of the descriptions and profiles were scary and ego-bruising in their accuracy. One the one hand, I am happy to have a something to help me understand myself better with, but on the other I am also the kind of person who hates to be well-defined by a wordpress webpage . Such is me.
    Use it as a tool, not a bench. :P

lacking a sense of meaning or purpose
    Lacking a sense of meaning/purpose in a way is our meaning/purpose. We'll always be aiming one step higher, a little bit further. I rue the day I become omnipotent (spoken like it's seriously going to happen *cough*). For that day will be the day that I kill myself.

Welcome.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INTP is the laziest type, so we have the life, a world without work. Epic procrastination for the win!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

INTP attempting time travel.

INTP going on vacation.

Also:

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned

There is no "next step". Life is one big step that you started to take when you were born...and will finish taking when you die. Then you'll have the rest of the staircase to worry about.

Also, Hi.