User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Thread: Female INTP

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Whaaaa!?

So, I've finally deduced that I fit into the INTP category even though I suspected INFP more than a few times. My indecisiveness led to a merry-go-round of which functions were instinctual to me. The entire time my boyfriend reassured me that I scream INTP. The only off factor is my emotional sensitivity at times. We realized it peaks about 12 times a year... I blame it on my young hormones. But all in all I am actually a bit sensitive; I enjoy sharing ideas without emotions being involved and may mirror emotions when they do come into play. I'm a nice INTP, so be gentle.

Hi
    i am a male INTP... i think.
    none of what you've listed here is inconsistent with INFP.

further reading will remind you that often, the INFP, while sensitive/emotional, rarely shows it, and may even be seen to be cold and emotionless, due to the inward bound nature of their feeling judgement, i.e. s/he might thoroughly enjoy
    ] sharing ideas without emotions being involved
    as much as any T type.

I'm a nice INTP, so be gentle.
    i'm nice too.

not to stir up an identity crisis or anything... just saying.
    we fukin won boys

You mean the Ti vs. Fi and Fe vs. Te makes them vastly different? To my experience I get along with all types as long as they don't have a judging preference lol.
    Feelings and emotion are the bonding tools of humans, while INFPs and INTPs can indulge on an intellectual level I've found in my experience that the INTP can be quite open albeit naive in their emotions, this may be as subtle as facial expressions (as we know INTPs don't have a strong feeling preference) , subtle displays of emotion in an outwards fashion

The INFP on the other hand will be completely oblivious the the subtle yet outwards emotion of the INTP until such time as the INTP is having a bad day and Fe takes the drivers seat, the INFP doesn't understand nor appreciate the way INTPs use their emotions and likewise the INTP finds the INFP to be unsharing, closed and irrational

For an example the INFP may feel a certain way and internalize it, once this feeling has taken hold the INFP rarely feels differently, this is seen as unusual behavior for the INTP whos feelings change far more rapidly

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    i am a male INTP... i think.
    none of what you've listed here is inconsistent with INFP.

further reading will remind you that often, the INFP, while sensitive/emotional, rarely shows it, and may even be seen to be cold and emotionless, due to the inward bound nature of their feeling judgement, i.e. s/he might thoroughly enjoy as much as any T type.

i'm nice too.

not to stir up an identity crisis or anything... just saying.
    Ohh noes I dunno who I am!! lol! Just playing, but thank you for your info. I've looked into it a bit more since that post and have a better understanding, but have had even more confusion pertaining to my type. I'm pretty sure I use Ne and Si, but I appear to alternate between Fi and Ti decision making depending on the situation. I either use my Ti to make an Fi seeming decision (like one to ignore truth in order to protect interpersonal harmony), or I'm using Fi that also values knowledge and logic, or I use Fi when I'm going through hard times and implode. Another strange factor is that I use Fe and awful lot. I always show my emotions, even when I'm not aware of them others are able to recognize them from my facial expressions and tone of voice. I'm usually a pretty bubbly and enthusiastic person actually, but I'm definitely introverted as well. The reason I said to leave emotion out in debate is because I don't often talk about ideas with friends and I dislike when they take ideas to heart when I'm just exploring them. A lot of people who can have a friendly debate with me tend to be more laid back. I didn't really do a good job of communicating that in my post haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Feelings and emotion are the bonding tools of humans, while INFPs and INTPs can indulge on an intellectual level I've found in my experience that the INTP can be quite open albeit naive in their emotions, this may be as subtle as facial expressions (as we know INTPs don't have a strong feeling preference) , subtle displays of emotion in an outwards fashion

The INFP on the other hand will be completely oblivious the the subtle yet outwards emotion of the INTP until such time as the INTP is having a bad day and Fe takes the drivers seat, the INFP doesn't understand nor appreciate the way INTPs use their emotions and likewise the INTP finds the INFP to be unsharing, closed and irrational

For an example the INFP may feel a certain way and internalize it, once this feeling has taken hold the INFP rarely feels differently, this is seen as unusual behavior for the INTP whos feelings change far more rapidly
    Thank you for your reply. Do you know of any types similar to INTP/INFP, because I show a lot of Fe and my grasp of emotions is limited mostly to I feel happy/I don't feel happy lol, I focus more on analyzing things rather than on how I feel, but I guess both types do that. The Fe is what throws me off in identifying to what type I belong.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I either use my Ti to make an Fi seeming decision (like one to ignore truth in order to protect interpersonal harmony)
    Throwing something out there from another perspective, assuming your INTP this would seem more likely you using your Fe to maintain that harmony. Just like an INFP would use Te when their Fi is disrupting that balance in interpersonal relationships.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I either use my Ti to make an Fi seeming decision (like one to ignore truth in order to protect interpersonal harmony)
    Throwing something out there from another perspective, assuming your INTP this would seem more likely you using your Fe to maintain that harmony. Just like an INFP would use Te when their Fi is disrupting that balance in interpersonal relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    Thank you Joehobo! I keep confusing Fi with Fe. I think I am an INTP, but that I've just developed differently from others online. I have a way of always trying to keep conversations light and instead work out what I need to in my head. The INFP description doesn't suit me, but I've been trying to be more open to the order of cognitive functions rather than the general description of types (even though the INTP description surprises me with how much I can relate).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Thank you Joehobo! I keep confusing Fi with Fe. I think I am an INTP, but that I've just developed differently from others online. I have a way of always trying to keep conversations light and instead work out what I need to in my head. The INFP description doesn't suit me, but I've been trying to be more open to the order of cognitive functions rather than the general description of types (even though the INTP description surprises me with how much I can relate).
    No worries!
    Keep lurking INTP's maybe you'll see more of their soft side and see the relation :P

It really comes down to the maturity of the INTP, young, especially male INTPs on the internet, come across quite aggressive

You can relate to their inner pain though, of the real world not quite living up to expectation, this is the curse of being the opposite thinking style of almost everyone else (SF types)

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Ohh noes I dunno who I am!! lol! Just playing, but thank you for your info. I've looked into it a bit more since that post and have a better understanding, but have had even more confusion pertaining to my type. I'm pretty sure I use Ne and Si, but I appear to alternate between Fi and Ti decision making depending on the situation. I either use my Ti to make an Fi seeming decision (like one to ignore truth in order to protect interpersonal harmony), or I'm using Fi that also values knowledge and logic, or I use Fi when I'm going through hard times and implode. Another strange factor is that I use Fe and awful lot. I always show my emotions, even when I'm not aware of them others are able to recognize them from my facial expressions and tone of voice. I'm usually a pretty bubbly and enthusiastic person actually, but I'm definitely introverted as well. The reason I said to leave emotion out in debate is because I don't often talk about ideas with friends and I dislike when they take ideas to heart when I'm just exploring them. A lot of people who can have a friendly debate with me tend to be more laid back. I didn't really do a good job of communicating that in my post haha.
    i was going to add:
    you'd be best off trying to [temporarily] forget what you know about typology, MBTI specifically.
    [re]learn the 8 archetypes as they stand purely, separate from one another. learn about what people of those types do - specifically, what it means to be a Ti type or Fi type.
    nevermind the Ne vs. Se debate. in terms of figuring your primary function, looking at secondary function usage can only muddy the water.
    this is to say, INTP would be simply Ti type, where ENTP would be Ne type, ISFP would be plainly Fi type and so forth.

using the scope outlined above, you will begin to detect the vast contrast between INFP and INTP. it will take a while to attune yourself to the nuance. it's pretty easy to misinterpret concrete actions, which is why so many people think they can be "INXP" or some other transient type where they flop back and forth.
    the idea that a person can't occupy two such different types is not theoretically sound, but it's never found in evidence, except where people are misreading what's going on.

point being that, without a lot of misinformation [trust me, here on the net, there is plenty of it to be had], you would never have been confused over which introverted judgement function you prefer.
    we fukin won boys