User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Female INTP

  1. #51
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Haha nah I don't use fear tactics. I teach him what I would rather have him do in a situation and reward him for it, eventually it becomes habitual and he'll stop considering the innappropriate behaviors, much like how people can form new habits around the things that immediately reward them. Same with children, when I babysit kids I always explain things thoroughly so they can understand why things are expected of them. A lot of parents want to teach kids through adverse punishments, but it's a very emotional and indirect method. I was a very slow learner when it came to social norms because my mother wouldn't explain why exactly I had to these things or show how it benefitted me. She'd just get angry when I didn't live up to her seemingly nonsensical expectations. I guess I relate to children and animals in the way I dislike things just being pushed onto me without seeing the benefit. most people don't seem to understand or care about this when it comes to kids and animals.

    And yeah I did haha. My brother is actually really nice most of the time. I think he's an INTJ and he thinks so too. It's a great idea to type your family! I'd like to know what kind of personality types you interact with, too! And how INFP's relate to them.

    Well then you were smarter than I was saying the contract was void haha! I assumed that adults were magical creatures that were able to see the sense in the things that seemed completely unfair and full of holes to me. So I thought sneaky contracts were just one of those things that were accepted in society that didn't require any justification.

    The same with teachers. I didn't understand why the heck the whole class would sit there and obey a teacher's orders. I think I had one nice teacher, and because I respected her I was eager to please her (positive reinforcement in play). But the rest hated me lol.

    And thank you! I can't believe I'm still trying to decide my freakin' type! You're going to be an expert before I decide whether I use Ti or Fi xD
    Hm, perhaps I should try a new style when dealing with pets. All I learnt when I was young was fear tactics and it worked well enough at the time.
    Perhaps consider training people haha. :P
    I had somewhat the same difficulty when it came to social norms, but I never had too much pressure from family when it came to that.. (beyond forcing me to kiss and hug people and be polite by saying hello "aunty, or uncle", I used to hide during family gatherings and still do when it comes to distant relatives haha.) most people found me wierd including family and I could never understand why I seemed or was made out to be different though. I think that Fi or Ti primaries have a tendancy to feel this way at a young age?
    What kind of nonsensical expectations were placed on you? Was your mother trying to make you into a "proper and respectful" lady so to speak?

    INTJ brother, so apart from his scheming and such you both get along really well?
    I definately will, I'll start with my sister and father I think.

    Haha I'm actually more so just hoping that.. or atleast if I where in your shoes I'd have come up with anything to break the contract hahaha. Even as far to destroying it to show that there was none to begin with!
    How can they prove it unless they kept copies? :P
    Hm is that how you saw adults? Magical creatures haha.. they can seem like that at times..
    I honestly thought they where all stupid and selfish.. and that I was never going to become like that.. haha.

    Oh you sound like a rebel without a cause back in school. Of course the class will hate on the one who always liked a teacher haha.
    Did you find that you were a slow learner at school aswell, if teaches never really explained why you had to learn what they taught?
    Or a lack of that positive reinforcement?

    Haha you will eventually.. and I think even then you won't be so comfortable all the time either.

  2. #52

    Default

    Hahaha well I didn't feel very strange compared to others, though I found a lot of adults were mean to me, probably due to my straightforward attitude at the time and lack of social prose. What I considered nonsense was greeting people and saying goodbye and little things like that. I still don't do it actually haha. Sometimes I choose to, but it's not my first reaction. I don't see a point. And I guess we get along well haha, if it wasn't for our mutual interest in video games maybe we wouldn't haha. I remember trying to destroy another one of his contracts but he was able to stop me before I could. And it wasn't until later that I realized adults were mostly stupid and selfish xD.
    And my school wasn't really like that, our class was like a family. I went to a private school for nine years with the same students in my class... so yeah haha. And I was never a slow learner, I was able to absorb information and enjoyed taking tests just for fun, but I did refuse to do homework, because in my mind it didn't change my test scores and it only took up precious play time. Once I was on student council though I started doing homework more often to set an example I suppose. One time after winning a spelling bee the teacher had me give the class a little speech about how studying pays off. I went up to the front of the class and lied because I was worried that if I said I never once studied for a test that I would get in trouble. And the positive reinforcement to me was having someone who was nice and intelligent as a teacher, that created respected, and that created my urge to please. I'm thinking I am an INTP after all, though. Fi seems a bit foreign to me.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Hahaha well I didn't feel very strange compared to others, though I found a lot of adults were mean to me, probably due to my straightforward attitude at the time and lack of social prose. What I considered nonsense was greeting people and saying goodbye and little things like that. I still don't do it actually haha. Sometimes I choose to, but it's not my first reaction. I don't see a point. And I guess we get along well haha, if it wasn't for our mutual interest in video games maybe we wouldn't haha. I remember trying to destroy another one of his contracts but he was able to stop me before I could. And it wasn't until later that I realized adults were mostly stupid and selfish xD.
    And my school wasn't really like that, our class was like a family. I went to a private school for nine years with the same students in my class... so yeah haha. And I was never a slow learner, I was able to absorb information and enjoyed taking tests just for fun, but I did refuse to do homework, because in my mind it didn't change my test scores and it only took up precious play time. Once I was on student council though I started doing homework more often to set an example I suppose. One time after winning a spelling bee the teacher had me give the class a little speech about how studying pays off. I went up to the front of the class and lied because I was worried that if I said I never once studied for a test that I would get in trouble. And the positive reinforcement to me was having someone who was nice and intelligent as a teacher, that created respected, and that created my urge to please. I'm thinking I am an INTP after all, though. Fi seems a bit foreign to me.
    Oooh well straightforward is the way to go! Ah well now I've gotten a better idea of what you ment by social graces haha. Does this ever get you into trouble with people other than your mother?
    Hahaha so you made that attempt at destroying it but failed, he just always caught you out didn't he? Nine years in the same school, geez thats awhile. I can't relate to that at all, although in my last 5 years of school I was in two different catholic high schools. You sound like you where the smart cookie at school :P I felt the same way with homework but more than anything it was just sheer laziness. Haha I can imagine the reaction if in making that speech you told everyone exactly that. The look on the teachers face saying study is pointless man.. that'd been priceless!
    Buuuut with a good relationship with your teacher going on like that, can see why you'd want to maintain that respect

    Yeah.. Fi is just.. really self absorbed.. truth be told. Hence why Fi with Fi can be like heaven or hell haha.
    I think the latter sounds more like you.. cup of Ti.... HAHAHAhAHAHA.. man.. you can tell by my jokes that I've not been on the ball at all today.

  4. #54

    Default

    It's okay I'm not on the ball either, hence "that created respected" from my earlier post lol. I need a cup of Ti.
    And yeah, I had an aunt that especially disliked me and would demand that I greeted her when she came over, she always compared me to her son saying that he was smarter and better all of the time. He's actually the cousin I love to talk to, so I'm glad her strange competitiveness never affected my perception of him.

  5. #55

    Default

    And nowadays I wish I did say something like that, it would have been hilarious! Maybe I developed a bit of Fi during hormonal high school, that sounds a bit like how I used to be lol.

  6. #56
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    It's okay I'm not on the ball either, hence "that created respected" from my earlier post lol. I need a cup of Ti.
    And yeah, I had an aunt that especially disliked me and would demand that I greeted her when she came over, she always compared me to her son saying that he was smarter and better all of the time. He's actually the cousin I love to talk to, so I'm glad her strange competitiveness never affected my perception of him.
    Hahehehe.
    That's actually pretty sad man, lucky alright that didn't spoil your view on him.
    I can never understand people who do things like that.. insecurity or competitiveness.. I dont know which to decide!
    ah it could be that you have, or just that rebellious streak you chose not to unleash upon them :P

  7. #57

    Default

    Haha yes, even with a system like MBTI, personalities still have a lot of variation, sometimes in unpleasant ways haha (at least for others!). K well let's stop posting in this welcome thread, I'm embarrassed that it's still going after like a week and a half lol. See you in the forum!

  8. #58
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    hahaha okay, see ya around!

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking of that. The thing is, I was typed in high school by someone still attending school for psychology, so I'm not sure if they were a grad student or undergrad, but they were collecting statistics. He asked me questions for a while and had me take some tests and he typed me as an INTP with enneagram 5w6. He said it was a common wing for INTP's and blah blah blah. At the time I wasn't really interested and didn't care about how he wanted to categorize me. But now that I AM curious, looking at the enneagram types it seems like a 5w4 could fit me too.
    5w6 INTPs are more common than 5w4s which may lead to the whole confusion of INTP vs INFP, that said, the two mbti types have vastly different functions and TBH I find the way INFPs handle their emotions so completely different, to the point of me not being able to get along with them in the long term cause I find them to be too secretive

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    5w6 INTPs are more common than 5w4s which may lead to the whole confusion of INTP vs INFP, that said, the two mbti types have vastly different functions and TBH I find the way INFPs handle their emotions so completely different, to the point of me not being able to get along with them in the long term cause I find them to be too secretive
    You mean the Ti vs. Fi and Fe vs. Te makes them vastly different? To my experience I get along with all types as long as they don't have a judging preference lol.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Female INTP Characters?
    By Ribonuke in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-14-2017, 07:38 AM
  2. [INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?
    By TopherRed in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 03-04-2017, 12:48 PM
  3. [INTP] Looking for your female INTP? You're in the wrong place
    By paperoceans in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 06:08 PM
  4. [INTP] What are Female INTPs like?
    By Rebe in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 01:50 AM
  5. [INTP] What are female INTPs like?
    By Shinzon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO