User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Female INTP

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    Also this!
    It's a more situational thing but I think the OP is spot on.
    I've experienced this alot with my best friend whom I believe to be possibly ENFJ. Or atleast Fe actions being a strong trait in her.
    Initially whenever she'd get excited and I didnt share that same amount of excitement she'd feel like I'm discouraging her or "bringing her down."
    She's definately balanced me alot though, I never used to realise how strong my Fi was until then.
    Thank you for the links! I'll read them tomorrow hopefully. And yes I found my puppy, he's about 60 pounds of fun so he's not too hard to spot, he was digging into the kitchen trashcan lol. I've found a lot of good info on this site and I'm grateful for your help as well. I finally have a plan to start over and base things off of the 8 cognitive functions, but not through quizzes since that never seems to work out for me xD. Hmmm, what people value and what people are inclined to do can be very different things. But if personality is typed in childhood then it's likely that it's based on instinct rather than values. And that guy typed me about 5 or 6 years ago. With regard to friendships, I seem mellow and enjoy doing things with my ESTP friend, though I can get REALLY excited when we start having little debates about things (always friendly, never argumentative). I love hanging out with my INFP friend and we have fantastic conversations, we seem very similar though she sometimes doesn't like my ideas of relative morals (even though they are only ideas) and becomes very quiet during times that challenge her morals, so I try my best to not mention my thoughts about those things. And my ISFP friend is pretty chill, but I can't have a conversation with her lol, she usually says I'm giving her a headache. The person I know who I relate most to is either an INTP or ENTP (but that's just me typing him), my very close cousin, when we start talking we can't stop, we both get pumped with energy and excitement as we get deeper into ideas, delve into tangents, rearrange things, find out how they relate to larger subjects, ect. We have a lot of fun, and it's been like this since we were kids.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    I related more to this one, just stumbled on it again. If this is truly what you can expect from most INTP's then I fit right in
    That's one I hadn't read before. Excellent profile
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    Also this!
    It's a more situational thing but I think the OP is spot on.
    I've experienced this alot with my best friend whom I believe to be possibly ENFJ. Or atleast Fe actions being a strong trait in her.
    Initially whenever she'd get excited and I didnt share that same amount of excitement she'd feel like I'm discouraging her or "bringing her down."
    She's definately balanced me alot though, I never used to realise how strong my Fi was until then.
    Thank you for the link, it's clear to me now what Fe is, but I'm just a bit confused about Fi, thank you for your help, though!

    Oh and sorry for misunderstanding your other post, I thought you said the test should be based on what you value, haha I don't know how I saw that.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Thank you for the links! I'll read them tomorrow hopefully. And yes I found my puppy, he's about 60 pounds of fun so he's not too hard to spot, he was digging into the kitchen trashcan lol. I've found a lot of good info on this site and I'm grateful for your help as well. I finally have a plan to start over and base things off of the 8 cognitive functions, but not through quizzes since that never seems to work out for me xD. Hmmm, what people value and what people are inclined to do can be very different things. But if personality is typed in childhood then it's likely that it's based on instinct rather than values. And that guy typed me about 5 or 6 years ago. With regard to friendships, I seem mellow and enjoy doing things with my ESTP friend, though I can get REALLY excited when we start having little debates about things (always friendly, never argumentative). I love hanging out with my INFP friend and we have fantastic conversations, we seem very similar though she sometimes doesn't like my ideas of relative morals (even though they are only ideas) and becomes very quiet during times that challenge her morals, so I try my best to not mention my thoughts about those things. And my ISFP friend is pretty chill, but I can't have a conversation with her lol, she usually says I'm giving her a headache. The person I know who I relate most to is either an INTP or ENTP (but that's just me typing him), my very close cousin, when we start talking we can't stop, we both get pumped with energy and excitement as we get deeper into ideas, delve into tangents, rearrange things, find out how they relate to larger subjects, ect. We have a lot of fun, and it's been like this since we were kids.
    The annoying moment when you accidently cancel your reply deleting everything you just said...

    That's a big puppy haha.. what breed is he?
    Yeah, quizzes give you a good start but they don't really give you a confident answer at all.. So it's great that you've got a plan in the works to sort that out.
    I've actually considered my own self as a child to factor in typing.. definately not accurate on it's own though. There's just too much influencing a child to be able
    to type them accurately at a young age, I mean I could only really type myself properly about two years ago, and I still wasn't sure.
    Understanding the functions though, I'm feeling more and more confident in that I' am an INFP, I hope you'll experience the same.
    It wouldn't suprise me at all, from what I know about INTP's you really do seem like an INTP, but that's me making a lazy assessment right now with really loose facts haha.

    That sounds like an INFP thing. To say morals are relative would just translate to "If morals are relative.. what's right or wrong, good or evil? WHY DOES THE WORLD NOT MAKE SENSE ANYMORE."
    Hahaha but in all seriousness, I felt the same and sometimes still do, however I've reached adulthood I' am seeing things with abit more shades of grey, and not thinking that
    my values are what should be ideal for the world around me, because it's not. It's my own, ment for me. The world around me has reasons of its own for being the way it is.
    Eventually you'll find a way to get around that without her having to feel like your attacking her morals..
    LOL.. yeah.. kinda bums you out when you can't share your ideas with a friend.. you feel so bad when you ramble on ahead leaving them behind in the dust scratching their heads.
    You're very lucky to have a cousin close enough to share ideas with like that, I envy you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Thank you for the link, it's clear to me now what Fe is, but I'm just a bit confused about Fi, thank you for your help, though!

    Oh and sorry for misunderstanding your other post, I thought you said the test should be based on what you value, haha I don't know how I saw that.
    All good! Sometimes (especially when I type long paragraphs) I'll miss words.. or ramble on without any kind of coherency haha..
    I'll find a thread about Fi, just think of it like this.. If Fe is all about basing its judgements and value on the world around them, and whats expected of them.
    Then Fi is the opposite basing it on whatever it feels within, and forming these judgements through introspection based on its own sense of right and wrong.

  5. #45

    Default

    Oh noooes! Not the cancel button!
    My pup's a very handsome and intelligent Husky mix.
    Yeah I suppose influence is an important factor for childhood personality, I know I was a little manipulative of others just because I was manipulated by one of my much older brothers and could never outsmart him, at least I hope that's why I was like that ...
    Lol I wouldn't mind being an INFP, they are pretty awesome . And your values may only reflect your inner world right now, but values in the external world seem to change pretty drastically, so maybe you could help influence that change if you really wanted to.
    I've been looking into the Fi vs. Ti thing more and more, and I relate to both. It's very confusing.
    I could either be using Fi, but value logic, or I could be Ti, but know when logic doesn't really have a place in situations. Like trying to correct people. I used to be really bad at correcting people as a child, and eventually after years of adverse reactions I realized they don't like that, a lot of people simply don't WANT to learn. And after coming to that conclusion I understood that putting logic off to the side during most conversations increased my chances of obtaining friendship and gave an added bonus of making others happy. I seriously can't decide whether I am valuing relationships, logic, and other's feelings, or whether I am using logic to decide what I place value on.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Oh noooes! Not the cancel button!
    My pup's a very handsome and intelligent Husky mix.
    Yeah I suppose influence is an important factor for childhood personality, I know I was a little manipulative of others just because I was manipulated by one of my much older brothers and could never outsmart him, at least I hope that's why I was like that ...
    Lol I wouldn't mind being an INFP, they are pretty awesome . And your values may only reflect your inner world right now, but values in the external world seem to change pretty drastically, so maybe you could help influence that change if you really wanted to.
    I've been looking into the Fi vs. Ti thing more and more, and I relate to both. It's very confusing.
    I could either be using Fi, but value logic, or I could be Ti, but know when logic doesn't really have a place in situations. Like trying to correct people. I used to be really bad at correcting people as a child, and eventually after years of adverse reactions I realized they don't like that, a lot of people simply don't WANT to learn. And after coming to that conclusion I understood that putting logic off to the side during most conversations increased my chances of obtaining friendship and gave an added bonus of making others happy. I seriously can't decide whether I am valuing relationships, logic, and other's feelings, or whether I am using logic to decide what I place value on.
    A husky... Oh dear..
    I.. love.. huskies.. to death.
    We used to have two before we had to give them away.. they are a beautiful breed.

    Manipulative older brother? Haha, must've just found that you went along with things easy.
    I did that alot to my younger brother when I was a kid.
    It was a pretty bad thing.

    INFP's are awesome in their own cute.. self absorbed ways haha.
    If I felt the need to project those values I would, either I'm too lazy or I just don't care to. I think this world needs its balance of values.
    However I'll always maintain the personal belief that most things in this world are inherently good.

    Hm.. perhaps you should focus more on understanding Ti, you don't want to confuse it as "Fi is about feelings and Ti is about facts."
    I really don't know much at all of it, I just don't really grasp Ti, or Te. So I guess I know what I'll be trying to learn about next.
    From what your telling me though, consider this. If you are an INTP then more than like that is your tertiary function (fe) being developed and refined.

    "I understood that putting logic off to the side during most conversations increased my chances of obtaining friendship and gave an added bonus of making others happy."
    This sounds like straight out Fe to me to be honest.

    Sorry I' am very tired right now, so off to bed with me for now!
    *dies*

  7. #47

    Default

    Haha he's a great dog! He's eaten my blanket, but I don't mind, I just sleep with a torn up blanket now lol. But I know he was just experiencing some anxiety, he's been acting up ever since he got an ear infection and we've been using ear flush. Other than that he's very well behaved. He's also reverting back to biting humans again for not getting his way, but I know with a little training it can be managed.

    And it wasn't so much that I went along with things easily, but that I felt I had no choice. For instance, he once was babysitting me when I was about 8 years old. I was very hungry and he cut a deal with me, he would make me dinner if I agreed to level up his character on a video game. He then went to his room and came back with a hand-written contract saying what the bargain was. I thought it was too good to be true since I enjoyed video games, and suspected he was playing me. I asked numerous questions about the details of the contract, being familiar with his usual antics. How much food will I get? What will I get to eat? What level do I have to get the character to? Ect. I saw that maybe he just really didn't feel like leveling up and wanted me to do it, I could understand that. So I signed the contract and received my meal, only to find him storming into my room and confiscating all of my video games. I became very angry and frustrated and argued that that wasn't in the contract. He just smiled and told me to read the fine print. To my surprise I found writing along the edge of the the back of the paper that was practically microscopic saying "By signing this you also agree to hand over all of your video games for my collection and use." Grrr, that guy.

    Well, Ti makes sense to me, Fi not so much, but you're helping me clarify that!

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    Sorry I' am very tired right now, so off to bed with me for now!
    *dies*
    Good thing I can talk to dead people :horor:

  9. #49
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Good thing I can talk to dead people :horor:
    Well you can do a speech and tell everyone my last wishes when I die.

    Aw poor thing, hope he gets better.
    Sounds like his getting spoilt! haha.
    Just needs a little boundries, a good whack on the nose will tell him his pushing it!

    Oh my, your brother sounds mean.. that's a pretty cheeky trick! I've done that contract trick before on my siblings aswell hahaha but I never really followed through.
    Did you atleast get a decent meal out of it? You asked every right question.. I think fine print being placed like that would make a contract void wouldn't it?
    Get compensation, demand a full fledged apology dinner for stealing your game collection!
    I bet he just hated the leveling. Man I wish my sisters enjoying leveling characters as much as that for me haha.


    This gave me an idea, I think I might decide to start typing my family!

    I'm gonna be checking out Ti and Te today, I'll forward anything relevant.
    Of course! and I'm learning aswell!

  10. #50

    Default

    Haha nah I don't use fear tactics. I teach him what I would rather have him do in a situation and reward him for it, eventually it becomes habitual and he'll stop considering the innappropriate behaviors, much like how people can form new habits around the things that immediately reward them. Same with children, when I babysit kids I always explain things thoroughly so they can understand why things are expected of them. A lot of parents want to teach kids through adverse punishments, but it's a very emotional and indirect method. I was a very slow learner when it came to social norms because my mother wouldn't explain why exactly I had to these things or show how it benefitted me. She'd just get angry when I didn't live up to her seemingly nonsensical expectations. I guess I relate to children and animals in the way I dislike things just being pushed onto me without seeing the benefit. most people don't seem to understand or care about this when it comes to kids and animals.

    And yeah I did haha. My brother is actually really nice most of the time. I think he's an INTJ and he thinks so too. It's a great idea to type your family! I'd like to know what kind of personality types you interact with, too! And how INFP's relate to them.

    Well then you were smarter than I was saying the contract was void haha! I assumed that adults were magical creatures that were able to see the sense in the things that seemed completely unfair and full of holes to me. So I thought sneaky contracts were just one of those things that were accepted in society that didn't require any justification.

    The same with teachers. I didn't understand why the heck the whole class would sit there and obey a teacher's orders. I think I had one nice teacher, and because I respected her I was eager to please her (positive reinforcement in play). But the rest hated me lol.

    And thank you! I can't believe I'm still trying to decide my freakin' type! You're going to be an expert before I decide whether I use Ti or Fi xD

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Female INTP Characters?
    By Ribonuke in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-14-2017, 07:38 AM
  2. [INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?
    By TopherRed in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 03-04-2017, 12:48 PM
  3. [INTP] Looking for your female INTP? You're in the wrong place
    By paperoceans in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 06:08 PM
  4. [INTP] What are Female INTPs like?
    By Rebe in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 01:50 AM
  5. [INTP] What are female INTPs like?
    By Shinzon in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO