User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Female INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Here, read this. It's pretty long so make yourself a cuppa tea and settle in. It's the absolute best INTP profile out there.

Oh, and thank you for this! Some of it was right on the nose, while others I wasn't so sure. I found another INTP profile that I could really relate to. I'll post the link because I'm wondering how many other INTP's agree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    I've taken a cognitive functions test twice over time, but it changed both times, making me think the general typing was more accurate. If all there was was a general typing, I would fit in more with INTP, but because I do know of cognitive functions I became very confused of whether I was showing Fi or Fe, or if you could show both Fi and Ti. Then I found combinations like TiNe and FiNe. But thank you for the thread! Maybe their research into can help me clarify things Nice profile pic by the way lol
    Ah okay that is interesting, I found the other way around to be abit more clearer hmm.
    Then again I have to admit I sometimes find a more fresh perspective of a function and find relate to it leaving me to doubt what I previously though.
    It is to my understanding though that people can develop the other functions by taking new approaches to whats not natural to you.
    Every type has all 8 functions, 4 being the ones that define the type, and the other 4 being the "shadow functions" which are the more dormant side of you which
    dosn't really show up unless your under stress. (When your main functions are blocked or something?).
    Kinda get the gist of where I'm getting at here? The further you go down the list of functions in your type - you use up more energy relying on these functions.

I guess it depends on the situation, as an INTP you should look into how your Ti-Ne-Si-Fe works?

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    Ah okay that is interesting, I found the other way around to be abit more clearer hmm.
    Then again I have to admit I sometimes find a more fresh perspective of a function and find relate to it leaving me to doubt what I previously though.
    It is to my understanding though that people can develop the other functions by taking new approaches to whats not natural to you.
    Every type has all 8 functions, 4 being the ones that define the type, and the other 4 being the "shadow functions" which are the more dormant side of you which
    dosn't really show up unless your under stress. (When your main functions are blocked or something?).
    Kinda get the gist of where I'm getting at here? The further you go down the list of functions in your type - you use up more energy relying on these functions.

I guess it depends on the situation, as an INTP you should look into how your Ti-Ne-Si-Fe works?
    Haha yeah when I found this site I was impressed that most people related more to the order of functions rather than the general description. And I have the same problem about doubting my thoughts after I found out something new, then I have to reevaluate everything. And yeah I understand, but that's where I started to disagree, I use a lot of my functions in various situations, but I guess I'm most confused about Fe vs Fi. I'll have to look into it more later. My puppy just ran out of sight, that can't be good lol.

Oh and that psychologist guy may have typed me as a 6w5, it was either 5w6 or 6w5, and since I refused to listen to him I have no info to go off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    However here is a cognitive function quiz thread, give it a try
    I did bump into one somewhere which was alot more detailed and referenced to specific types where forum members posted up
    their results according to type but I can't find it. (If somebody knows what i'm talking about please point in the right direction.)

Here ya goooo
    I took the cognitive functions test on this site, which I've taken before. My new results are Ti>Ni>Ne>Te>Fi>Si>Se>Fe and it recommended INTP as my type. Last time It recommended INTJ though I don't remember my results and I know that I am lacking in most J skills, they do not come naturally to me at all.

And Ni, Ne, and Te were all very close. Something like 34.5, 34.4 and 33.9. And I'm pretty sure I use my Si often, so I'm not sure why that's so low. I'm guessing I may have interpreted the questions strangely, this is why I don't like taking online quizzes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Here, read this. It's pretty long so make yourself a cuppa tea and settle in. It's the absolute best INTP profile out there.
    I related more to this one, just stumbled on it again. If this is truly what you can expect from most INTP's then I fit right in

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Haha yeah when I found this site I was impressed that most people related more to the order of functions rather than the general description. And I have the same problem about doubting my thoughts after I found out something new, then I have to reevaluate everything. And yeah I understand, but that's where I started to disagree, I use a lot of my functions in various situations, but I guess I'm most confused about Fe vs Fi. I'll have to look into it more later. My puppy just ran out of sight, that can't be good lol.
    Did you find your puppy? :O

Well general descriptions are just other peoples interpretations really, makes it alot easier to type when you get a better idea of the functions that people operate on.
    I still find myself doing that aswell, re-evaluating everything when new information comes along, it can be exhausting but you get a bigger picture when you start seeing how the functions
    work together.
    Each function has its own purpose really, so you will use a variety of the functions its just you'll find that some ways are alot easier than others.

Ah id say the most obvious differences between the two would be the direction of focus they are more inclined to go.
    Fi being inwardly focused, more self orientated, identifying more with what goes on inside. More likely introspective if you catch my drift.
    While Fe will focus on the external environment with societal values, with how other people feel and more conscious of whats outside.

Here's
    a short thread with a little discussion, looking for more though.

I'll tell you one thing that's alot easier, interpreting the enneagram haha.
    How long ago did he type you?

I think I might take the test again aswell and check my results, I would of loved to have seen yours so we can get a better angle at the functions which showed

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Also this!
    It's a more situational thing but I think the OP is spot on.
    I've experienced this alot with my best friend whom I believe to be possibly ENFJ. Or atleast Fe actions being a strong trait in her.
    Initially whenever she'd get excited and I didnt share that same amount of excitement she'd feel like I'm discouraging her or "bringing her down."
    She's definately balanced me alot though, I never used to realise how strong my Fi was until then.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

And Ni, Ne, and Te were all very close. Something like 34.5, 34.4 and 33.9. And I'm pretty sure I use my Si often, so I'm not sure why that's so low. I'm guessing I may have interpreted the questions strangely, this is why I don't like taking online quizzes lol.
    I read somewhere in that forum that the test is based more on what you value rather than what your naturally inclined to.
    The CF order does seem to be somewhat out of place..