User Tag List

Thread: Introduction...

MBTI
    INF*
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Introduction...

Hello,

I recently read an article on Enneagram types and immediately got obsessed with figuring out my own type, I quickly found out I’m a 4(w5) (and absolutely loved it ) and from there on– I couldn’t stop looking for more information on the subject. My search brought me here. Then I noticed the BMTI types and wanted to figure that out (I remembered a test I took years before that typed me as an ‘NF’ idealist)… and I kinda got stuck. I’m pretty sure I’m INF, but then I’m not so sure… The last test I took said I’m INFJ, but where ‘INF’ was pretty obvious, ‘J’ didn’t come out as very distinct. The results also suggested that I might consider my type to be INFP…

I suppose I still got a lot of reading to do… but I'm very happy I found this place

Caroline

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Welcome!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome!

*Crosses fingers hoping for another INFP*

The INFP army must grow!

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Hi Caroline. Welcome to the forums!

For whatever it's worth, you might want to try a cognitive functions test..?

Welcome. Try this
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INF*
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thanks for the welcome . I retook the same test I did before and asked my mother for advice on statements I wasn’t sure of, result: INFx. Additionally, it stated that according to MMDI (?), my personality is closest to INFP (I do feel that I match the description they gave, but it’s the first time I’ve heard about MMDI, so I’m not sure what to think…).

Thanks for the link, Maddy. This is what I got:
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
    Lead (Dominant) Process: Introverted Feeling (Fi)
    Support (Auxilliary) Process: Extraverted Intuiting (Ne)

So perhaps the INFP army IS growing, Tyrinth.

Right now, it feels as if I’m just throwing around some letters, so I would really appreciate it if someone could provide me with some sort of link to really start at the basis and get a better understanding of MBTI (or is there an essential book I should read?).

MBTI
    FiNe
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj

I guess you could try looking for specific descriptions for each function at this point, decide which ones (dominant and auxiliary) really make up the core of your decisions, and then use the type descriptions to double-check. Understanding each one properly might take a while, though.
    Especially the difference between Fi and Ni as a dominant function, that could help you determine whether or not you're NFP or NFJ. I don't really have a link for you to start with but Google is a friend. There are some resources in here as well, and on other typology forums.
    Welcome, btw.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

How did Carl Jung develop his theory of cognitive functions since so many people decide on their type not on behaviors but on these functions?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by CCCaroline View Post
    Hello,

I recently read an article on Enneagram types and immediately got obsessed with figuring out my own type, I quickly found out I’m a 4(w5) (and absolutely loved it ) and from there on– I couldn’t stop looking for more information on the subject. My search brought me here. Then I noticed the BMTI types and wanted to figure that out (I remembered a test I took years before that typed me as an ‘NF’ idealist)… and I kinda got stuck. I’m pretty sure I’m INF, but then I’m not so sure… The last test I took said I’m INFJ, but where ‘INF’ was pretty obvious, ‘J’ didn’t come out as very distinct. The results also suggested that I might consider my type to be INFP…

I suppose I still got a lot of reading to do… but I'm very happy I found this place

Caroline
    Welcome!

It sounds like you took a cognitive functions test. That does not test for J or P, it simply makes a best guess as to those letters based on certain assumptions.

Here is a link to a J/P test: http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/...i-preference-4

If you are slightly over the J line, then you're a J. If you score exactly in the middle, then you have a problem.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”