User Tag List

Default Hulloo-INTJ or INTP?!

Hey. Happy to be here and whatnot. I took an MBTI as a teenager and my result was INTJ. I dismissed it off hand. Likely because I decided I didn't want to fit into a box, and also because I felt some discrepancies. Not on a whole, but I was looking for any reason NOT to fit into a type. Looked back into it recently (I am 26) and it still seems like probably INTJ who wanted to be an INFJ, with an enneagram of 4w5. However, I had to edit this post because I am facing another upheaval in regard to INTP and INTJ. The enneagram seems sound and so does the INT, but in what degree...that seems harder to say at the moment. I can relate to a lot of INTP, and I am not so sure on being a J. I seem to want decisiveness, but I think I am not perhaps so absolute as all of that. I tend to make more accommodations for people, and I end up putting things off even if I absolutely hate to do it and I don't know that I am particularly rigid. Anyway, I am glad to be here but its irritating to have to go back to the drawing board and worry that I am not being accurate with the MBTI. Again, Enneagram seems sound for some reason.
    Last edited by Cold Roses; 04-17-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: uncertainty

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Roses View Post
    Hey. Happy to be here and whatnot. I took an MBTI as a teenager and my result was INTJ. I dismissed it off hand. Likely because I decided I didn't want to fit into a box, and also because I felt some discrepancies. Not on a whole, but I was looking for any reason NOT to fit into a type. Looked back into it recently (I am 26) and it still seems like probably INTJ who wanted to be an INFJ, with an enneagram of 4w5. However, I had to edit this post because I am facing another upheaval in regard to INTP and INTJ. The enneagram seems sound and so does the INT, but in what degree...that seems harder to say at the moment. I can relate to a lot of INTP, and I am not so sure on being a J. I seem to want decisiveness, but I think I am not perhaps so absolute as all of that. I tend to make more accommodations for people, and I end up putting things off even if I absolutely hate to do it and I don't know that I am particularly rigid. Anyway, I am glad to be here but its irritating to have to go back to the drawing board and worry that I am not being accurate with the MBTI. Again, Enneagram seems sound for some reason.
    Welcome to the forum.

Not alot of information to go on, but this sounds more INTP than INTJ. INTJ seems more sure of their type. Maybe it's the J thing of wanting closure and wanting the type to be 'final.' Once settled on my type, I won't reconsider. I see far more many INTJs doing that than INTPs. The thing about making accomodations for people sounds like Fe. INTPs use Fe but its their 4th function. INTPs seem more willing to accomodate people compared to INTJs.

Which parts of the INTJ and INTP descriptions do you identify/not identify with?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Thanks for the greeting. I live in the Twin Cities as well, by the by. I am absolutely back to INTJ. I wanted to reject that result because I wanted to reject all results of the MBTI as a teenager. 10 years later, INTJ is still the result. A little less J than some, maybe-and I have an enneagram of 4w5, which might also make the way I behave a little strange relative to an enneagram 5 or somesuch. However, one thing I am sure of and didn't realize about INTP until reading on it, is that I am not extroverted feeling or intuition. Both introverted. Beyond a shadow of a doubt. I would prefer closure, I just sometimes have to think out loud before I achieve consensus. I have also never had even one result if INTP messing around with random tests...I think my formal MBTI as a teen was right, and all the informal ones I have taken in the past few days have read the same.

(I am also a recovering alcoholic so my tolerance of others is possibly more a necessity that I have developed over the years, as well as being closer between j and p. Possible?)

I should maybe throw this out there, as well...I have tested as an INFJ as well. I don't think I am an INTP. No real reason to think it is so other than looking at the types and a friend who is an INTP offhand suggesting she sees some similarities between us. Maybe what I should really be sorting is between INTJ and INFJ...but perhaps I have expended too much energy in the past few days on this matter for any clarity on my own conclusions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Roses View Post
    Thanks for the greeting. I live in the Twin Cities as well, by the by. I am absolutely back to INTJ. I wanted to reject that result because I wanted to reject all results of the MBTI as a teenager. 10 years later, INTJ is still the result. A little less J than some, maybe-and I have an enneagram of 4w5, which might also make the way I behave a little strange relative to an enneagram 5 or somesuch. However, one thing I am sure of and didn't realize about INTP until reading on it, is that I am not extroverted feeling or intuition. Both introverted. Beyond a shadow of a doubt. I would prefer closure, I just sometimes have to think out loud before I achieve consensus. I have also never had even one result if INTP messing around with random tests...I think my formal MBTI as a teen was right, and all the informal ones I have taken in the past few days have read the same.

(I am also a recovering alcoholic so my tolerance of others is possibly more a necessity that I have developed over the years, as well as being closer between j and p. Possible?)
    For what reasons were you an alcoholic to begin with?