Thread: A new INTP

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Neil2no1 View Post
    My name is Steven im in highschool and i found out a few months ago that i am an INTP, I've always had a mild curiosity about Psychology and at this point it has become an obsessive fascination. other than researching and learning about psychology, evolution, evolutionary psychology, sociology, things like that, I like playing video games. I watch movies a lot and constantly contemplate the "meaning of life." I've found that the interrelationships chart in socionics is quite accurate with intertype relationships and i've joined this website in hopes of finding another INTP who is older than myself who i can occasionally ask advice from. This is my first time joining a forum website so i still don't know much about how it works.
    Welcome Neil!

As an older INTP, my advice is to avoid getting sucked into any external systems of thought that seem to have "the answers" or some kind of "truth." You might end up reducing all existence according to that "truth," and even if you figure out that it's not the "truth" you will still have a hard time getting it excised from your brain.

Someone who's been there.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

You can ask advice from me anytime. I'm aslo new here and have been out of highschool for a couple years. I'm a mild gamer too, mostly NES and Playstation games though, plus WoW and SWTOR.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Hello ^_^ sorry for the delayed response, I dont blog much.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

I understand what you are saying, but the only truth i've come upon recently that will probably forever dominate my underlying thoughts on the external world is the fact that life, existnce, everything is truly meaningless past a symbolic one and the fact that my objective thinking dominates over my feeling i seem to be just the right "type" to be able to accept this and live with it, though it is still a hard fact to swallow sometimes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

and you obviously enjoy final fantasy Mr. Chocobo Breeder. IN?P? i know an INFP who dislikes that he is an INFP because he sees my brilliance and feels that logical objective thought is a far superior method for making decisions, you wouldn't by chance be one of those? or do you have a different story for the indecision on your dominant function of decision making?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil2no1 View Post
    and you obviously enjoy final fantasy Mr. Chocobo Breeder. IN?P? i know an INFP who dislikes that he is an INFP because he sees my brilliance and feels that logical objective thought is a far superior method for making decisions, you wouldn't by chance be one of those? or do you have a different story for the indecision on your dominant function of decision making?
    That's Ms. Chocobo Breeder! lol. It could be that I'm a very strange sort of INFP who is almost oblivious to their emotions, but I'm leaning towards INTP. Someone on the forum was able to aid me in differentiating between Fi and Fe. So, no I don't think I'm one of those INFP's who saw your brilliance and feels that logical, objective thought is a far superior method for making decisions lololol. Oh, and by the way, on the bottom right corner of people's posts you'll see a "reply with quote" button, if you click on this before writing your response then it will send a notification to the original poster so that they are more likely to see your reply.