User Tag List

First 12

Anew Leaf

Welcome!!

My thought on the INFP description as that it needs to be a Work In Progress for how are we to truly become that which we are meant to be if we do not stretch and grow and seek and yearn and expand the boxes that so often we are finding ourselves being forced into and yet we need to escape and disappear into some other dream within a dream draped on a bed whereupon one may eat crackers and cheese without getting crumbs on the sheets.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hmm, I'd have to wonder which descriptions you're reading. In my opinion, most descriptions of INFPs tend to gravitate towards E9. Also E5 are stereotypically nihilistic rather than optimistic.
    I've read a few on websites, I can't remember exactly which ones. I suspect I'm more 9 after reading this and another site I found earlier.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    I very much relate. I am definitely INFP - Fi is in the driver's seat and my Ne is off the charts.

I frequently get little out of the prototypical INFP type descriptions. The biggest annoyance to me concerning this is that it makes other people think that all INFPs look that way, and then I have to go through the “I guarantee you, I’m an INFP” discussion.

People who get to know me well realize this, but people who first meet me often don't get what they would say is supposed to be the standard INFP vibe, and I frequently get accused of being INTP, or ENTP if I'm feel sociable or robustly making an argument for something (I’m so not a Ti user), or ISFP because I have sensual appetites and am concerned with physical skills and concerns, although my recent test results for sx/sp on instinctual subtypes explains a LOT of that in my opinion.

I recently took a free enneagram test and got 9w1, and the paid test didn't give me a wing but gave me the tritype 954, so I also relate to your 5 results. I research everything to death, insatiably curious, and must understand. FYI - @BlackCat is very knowledgeable on the enneagram.

Fi is in the driver's seat, and I feel deeply and passionately, but I am not "emotional" in the stereotypical way that some INFPs are. I'm “sensitive” to value issues, not sensitive emotionally. I’m very affectionate and demonstrative, but I constantly strive for harmony between my emotions and reason. This leads to a lot of temperance when it comes to how much sway my emotions have in how I conduct myself. It's hard to explain, but it is not found in a lot of profile descriptions, which paint a picture of someone who emotes constantly, is a sensitive flower that a good breeze would crush, and has an adversarial attitude towards logic. And as you said, I'm very optimistic as well.

If you are testing with 9w1, 5w6, and 2w1 results, you could possibly be a 952 tritype. Below is some information on 954 types that I found when looking around, but it also mentions 952:
    Thanks. I can relate to a lot of that.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Welcome!!

My thought on the INFP description as that it needs to be a Work In Progress for how are we to truly become that which we are meant to be if we do not stretch and grow and seek and yearn and expand the boxes that so often we are finding ourselves being forced into and yet we need to escape and disappear into some other dream within a dream draped on a bed whereupon one may eat crackers and cheese without getting crumbs on the sheets.
    Lol, yeah. Or indeed, without getting crumbs anywhere! Housework always interrupts the important things. Thanks