User Tag List

Thread: Returning after forgetting about TypeC for a while.

Junior Member Array

Default Returning after forgetting about TypeC for a while.

While I didn't forget about MBTI or Socionics, I forgot about TypeC for quite a while and am glad to be back. Maybe I'll decide to go a bit further than merely testing the waters this time around...

For the sake of coherency, I thought it'd be helpful to make it known that I've put off truly developing myself for a long time, not due to choice, but because of persisting external circumstances. When analyzing my past, it almost feels like everything that took place happened in a parallel universe. I'll spare you the details better left for a psych to piece together and refine, but I have had a long-standing issue with repression, making defining my type somewhat more difficult and lengthy than had this issue not been present to begin with.

Moving along, I'm a 20 year old male and a community college student. My hobbies are reading, listening to music and playing video games, but I have just recently begun to get into photography and am considering getting into programming. I'm a pretty serious-minded individual, and my essential drive is to understand the functioning of several aspects of the world, which I believe would classify my type as part of the NT temperament based on what I've read. I used to think I was an NF, but what I found to be suggestive of a mistyping was that:

- I'm piss poor at understanding my emotions. They're ridiculous, and attempting to decipher them often results in wasted effort and going back to square one.

- Whenever I get into discussions that really indulge my intuitive function, with either my ENFP or INFP buddies for example, it's clear that I want to take the discussion much farther than they do. The only other type that I really felt on the same level in a discussion with was an ENTJ.

- I don't feel that NF's are my cognitive companions, but instead cognitive cousins. I'm open to the notion that I could be an NF with an underdeveloped F function (e.g. INFJ), but I don't think that's likely to be the case.

Anyway, I suspect my cognitive function stack to be arranged as Ti-Ne-Si-Fe. Thinking back on high school, I had a couple INTP's in some of my classes, I noted then that our arguments while debating "flowed" in a particular manner and I noticed that we also shared the affinity for storing a bunch of random facts to be called upon when needed for support (Perhaps, this is just a common observation if you're an NT observing another NT? My initial thought was that the data storage feature was Si). I never knew MBTI existed then, but I was glad and intrigued somebody else seemed to think the "same way" as myself. I realize this stuff is superficial, and it really comes down to how you identify with your cognitive skeleton (i.e. dom/aux/tert/inf/opp/witch/trickster/demon). I wouldn't mind going into that, but it's early in the morning and I need to shutdown heh.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

Welcome back!

Yeah, I think you've typed yourself correctly.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

Doesn't Read Your Posts Array Haight's Avatar

"The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."

The amount you write suggests INTP.

Hello, new INTP

Welcome back to the Matrix - where the blue pill is just another kind of red pill.

9w8 sx/sp
    SEE Fi

Welcome back! You sound pretty INTP, likely a 5.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)