User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New INFJ Male

Doesn't Read Your Posts Array Haight's Avatar

"The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual Science View Post
    Now that I understand what a doorslam is, I guess I've doorslammed my father whom I haven't seen since I was 10 years old (I'm 23 now). My parents divorced when I was about 2 or 3. My mom got complete custody and moved many miles and states away from my father. This really isn't a completely conscious or intentional doorslam, it's just that I haven't made a conscious effort to contact him, nor has he made an effort to contact me. I guess on some level I'm angry that he never made the effort, and on another level I blame myself now that I'm an adult. I really just don't think I have the courage to call him. He remarried and now I have two half brothers I never met, of whom my mom found out about indirectly. He couldn't even tell me. Anyways, sorry about the rant. I guess I feel more comfortable talking about this anonymously on the internet than I do to even my girlfriend.

P.S. sorry if this should be in the doorslam thread. I found it relevant in both places.
    Oh it's totally relevant.

Infact a lot of people use the forum to rant and share thoughts, memories, hurts etc with other member. The anonymity helps. I am sorry to hear about your father. It's not your fault. He should have had the decency the contact you. I am not qualified enough to comment on these matters though. So try not to take what I said as words of wisdom.