User Tag List

Thread: Bonjour!

MBTI
    INF?

Default Bonjour!

...no, I'm not French, but as I'm expected to speak it at an A* standard by sometime in June, a little practice might help

*cough* Anyways! Hiya, I'm mistyangel, I'm from England and I'm currently trying to find out whether I'm INFJ or INFP. On various personality tests, I've come out every time (except once) as INFP, and yet the INFJ seems to fit me better (my best friend agrees). I've heard about how these two can be confused easily in tests. But still, there are a few aspects of INFP that just sound like me (tendency to procrastinate when under pressure, withdrawing from the world when overwhelmed).
    Also, there's something I've been wondering about for a while. It seems that neither INFPs nor INFJs have this, but I do. I never seem to cry at anything deeply sad (books, movies, TV, music) and I'm ashamed to say that most times when I've cried, I've cried out of self-pity or because I've forced myself to out of guilt when I think I ought to (like sad moments in films etc). However, even if I don't cry at these sad things, I do feel deeply sad or moved, and I need some time to sit and think. Is this something we can attribute to any MBTI type or is there something wrong with me?
    One thing's interesting, though: up to about the age of 10, I was an EXTREMELY sensitive person. I cried at so many things. Once I cried because my dad had drawn me a picture of a parrot and I'd crumpled it up and put it in the bin, and a year later I felt so guilty about it and asked my mum if we could go to the tip to get it back (even though he had just laughed and smiled at the time and he had really not cared, haha!).
    I'd love to know exactly what type I am. I feel so out-of-place! Sorry for the long post, and nice to meet you!

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome, Falcarius thinks you are an INFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INF?

Thank you, Falcarius! The only reason that I question whether I am INFP or INFJ is because I do have definite tendencies for judging, I get angry rather easily and I have strong morals / high expectations of others. I do not possess that "laid-back-ness" that is said for most INFPs - they tend to live and let live, whereas I always feel the need to perfect things / do justice / debate deeply with myself over what is the "right thing" to do. But I'm starting to wonder now...

MBTI
    INFJ

Post Check out this webpage

Hi mistyangel, you might be interested in this webpage: http://infjorinfp.com/. It helped me confirm my own INFJ preferences. As you might infer from the title it's designed to help readers sort out whether they are INFJ or INFP.

MBTI
    INF?

Thanks MTINFJ I can't say I completely understand it though - it's a little complex for my basic understanding of typology! But it is useful, thank you! ^^

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

It's pronounced 'Bonjovi'.

(welcome!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh, I must show you my signature then. Welcome to the forum!
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

Welcome, mistyangel.

One of our own INFPs created this reference:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...confusion.html
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INTP

Hidey ho.
    "It's never enough." The Cure