User Tag List

Junior Member Catoptric Cistula's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Default Trying to escape himself

I've visited MBTI related forums off and on over the years and am trying to escape myself after staying primarily exclusive to INTP related forums (INTPc). I now realize that this probably isn't healthy.

What I do:
    Drive to work and back then stay home. Read, watch numerous documentaries and movies (I try to find them online whenever possible, though own a lot of rare movies, usually foreign film makers). Rarely drive out to the numerous retail-focused locales as I am in fact rather agoraphobic (even if I don't clearly represent that definition and wouldn't show it around people I work with). Working in retail has made me more pessimistic, and hasn't actually made me accept people's behaviors as much as I would like. I'm kind of a contradiction, in that I don't "show" an INTP characteristic and sort of seem more noticeable than a usual INTP character. People usually notice me and I kind of withdraw.

Most of my time is spent narrowly identifying preconceived assumptions about people, without ever knowing anything about them. I won't ask people questions to understand them better, and I won't openly communicate to learn more about society. This most likely is due to a mismatched upbringing where communication seems like a inefficiency. If I do communicate with people it only comes about from random discussions: sometimes ranting about events and analysis to see what others think about it. The person may well be fully receptive to the idea and add in equal discussion that goes onto various lengths that could last well into an hour. This only occurs at work and usually uncommon circumstances.

I've noticed their are some smart types that visit this forum and I find them to be a breath of fresh air. This understanding has quelled my misanthropy even if I don't particularly believe I will contribute to this forum. I suppose this is because I am slow to accept change in environment; so this may be good for those that prefer usual brevity.

Note: People may know my screen name on other forums are not the same. If someone were to guess I may or may not respond accordingly as I kind of try to keep obscurity (weird for no particular reason, honestly). And no the avatar is not myself. It was used when I first created this account and I kind of acknowledge being a partial troll is in my nature, and I don't have a relevant avatar that would be better suited just yet. . . perhaps recommendations are needed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I have noticed that there are definitely quite a few intelligent posters/members on this forum, though I wouldn't count myself among them. So, if that is one of the things you are looking for, I do not think you will be disappointed.

Welcome to the forum.

By the way, I really feel like mentioning that your current avatar disturbs me more than a little.

Junior Member Catoptric Cistula's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I have noticed that there are definitely quite a few intelligent posters/members on this forum, though I wouldn't count myself among them. So, if that is one of the things you are looking for, I do not think you will be disappointed.

Welcome to the forum.

By the way, I really feel like mentioning that your current avatar disturbs me more than a little.
    Thanks for the welcome.

I agree about the members having good contributions and am still reading some of the news and politics section, where I'm finding some non-INTP posting thoughts that I couldn't find in the INTPc forum, and which I had hoped more would have been active in.

I had a hard time not laughing about the avatar when I remembered it was on the profile. I'll change it around so it won't be so invasive. . . I'll put it in the profile page instead of the avatar.

Welcome dude.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Welcome to the forum!

MBTI
    INTP

You wrote a lot there, good job.
    "It's never enough." The Cure