Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I dost love my INFP's... infp revolution take over ....*is game*
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

No, there is no need for more INFPs.

However, while there's no need for more INFPs, that doesn't mean that more wouldn't be welcomed.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

We need them... for the TJ evil plan.

Welcome to the forum!
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    Seems to be crawling with 'em. Anyway, I hope so, 'cause I already went through the hassle of registering and what not.

I enjoy talking with all types, but am sparse on Ns in my life, so I figured there might be a few online.

Sup fellow space cadets?
    The more the merrier.

And I have a soft spot for INFPs. On one hand I feel protective towards them and on the other I hope they will understand me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

You can never have enough INFPs.
    Plus the more there are, the more fun I get to have seeing the variations within the type.

Anyways, welcome.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think on any type-related site there will be a substantial amount of INFP's. :P

Welcome. I've been joined on this site for a long time, just now rediscovered it and thought maybe I should give it an actual try. I swear, it's like I'm more shy on the internet instead of real life now...doesn't make sense. XD
    Anyway, welcome.
    "I have damaged my intellect trying to imagine why a man should want to invent a repeating clock, and how another man could be found to lust after it and buy it. The man who can guess these riddles is far on the way to guess why the human race was invented--which is another riddle which tires me."

Smile Tell me

Seems to be crawling with 'em. Anyway, I hope so, 'cause I already went through the hassle of registering and what not.

I enjoy talking with all types, but am sparse on Ns in my life, so I figured there might be a few online.

Sup fellow space cadets?
    I am wondering what led to your interest in psychological types.

In high school I tried to figure it all out by making lists, but it didn't get me very far.

So perhaps you tried to figure it all out by studying psychological types.

Or perhaps, being a rebel, you were trying to understand yourself.

Or perhaps you figured you were OK and you tried to figure out everyone else.

Perhaps you wanted to know why everyone wasn't more like you; or why you weren't like everyone else.

Or perhaps there is some other reason you might like to tell me.

Garsh. I’ve never been asked that before….

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Perhaps you wanted to know why everyone wasn't more like you; or why you weren't like everyone else.

Or perhaps there is some other reason you might like to tell me.
    These, primarily.

As someone with introversion and intuitive preferences, I felt like an alien. I felt out of step with most other people. The person I felt most in step with was my mom (INFJ), but I knew I was somewhat different from her as well due to differences in our styles. We would muse about this together even when I was a kid. She found a copy of Keirsey’s book when I was 12, read it, and quickly showed it to me, and I then read it. It was like the light went on and not only did we understand how we could be so alike (INF) but also so different (J/P). We also understood why we seemed so out of step since INs are so underrepresented. Anyway, we just started devouring anything and everything we could get a hold of related to type (amassing quite a library on it as a consequence).

It’s proved invaluable in helping me understand other people and myself. In regard to myself, I’ve taken function development to heart, and tried to stretch myself in ways people who might not know about type might not think to do. I’ve deliberately put myself out of my comfort zone functionally in order to develop what I hope is a more well-rounded style. I already know Fi and Ne will get a lot of attention. Similarly to Raphael Nadal, the tennis player, who is right-handed but deliberately trains and serves using his left hand in order to bring his weakest and most vulnerable area up to speed with his natural preference.

I didn’t go that route just for development’s own sake, though. The bottom line for all of it, is fundamentally to serve Fi. I have many values (Fi dominant) that are the focus of my heart and soul, and to advance and advocate for them in the most effective way possible, I realize requires tools and use of other less developed functions. (For example, given I was painfully shy and introverted – by making myself learn the art of public speaking, or since Te is my inferior, I deliberately studied and engaged in debate, focused on reducing sensitivity, and sat in the company of NTs who place heavy emphasis on reasoning and explanations. Since Si is my tertiary, I’ve done some work on it in the form of collections and memory work.

In regard to others, it has allowed me to adapt my communication style for enhanced communication. If I am able to identify someone’s type, or at least temperament, I can keep all the content the same, but package it for their convenience and easy digestion. I can also engage in the type of general communication they might like. It also helps me to appreciate them more, and understand differences.

Plus it’s just fascinating stuff. I’m ravenous for any information related to psychology.

Thanks for asking…. What provoked your interest in type?

I am wondering what led to your interest in psychological types.

In high school I tried to figure it all out by making lists, but it didn't get me very far.
    What kind of lists? And I'm not sure if I've caught what your type is?

Thanks for asking…. What provoked your interest in type?
    Thanks for telling me.

I was a member of the Gifted and Talented Group and I was invited by Geoff, a member of Typology Central, to join Central because, as he said, Central is tolerant and well run, as it is.

So I came here not for type but for conversation in a congenial and tolerant atmosphere.

So I was interested to discover your interest in type goes back so far, and it was an interest shared with your mother.

When I arrived here I approached types in a critical spirit, and I think that helped me to join the conversation on Central.

So I am fascinated by the people on Central, including you, and I am also interested in this electronic medium stretching across the world.

In my wasted youth I was a phone freak and we would make conference calls all over the world. But today the internet does all that for us and legally.

I am pleased and surprised to meet you.

Thanks for telling me.

I was a member of the Gifted and Talented Group and I was invited by Geoff, a member of Typology Central, to join Central because, as he said, Central is tolerant and well run, as it is.

So I came here not for type but for conversation in a congenial and tolerant atmosphere.

So I was interested to discover your interest in type goes back so far, and it was an interest shared with your mother.

When I arrived here I approached types in a critical spirit, and I think that helped me to join the conversation on Central.

So I am fascinated by the people on Central, including you, and I am also interested in this electronic medium stretching across the world.

In my wasted youth I was a phone freak and we would make conference calls all over the world. But today the internet does all that for us and legally.

I am pleased and surprised to meet you.
    Cool beans. And pleased to meet you as well.

So what are your thoughts now regarding type? It is a theory after all. Plenty of criticisms out there.

I'd love to hear more about the Gifted and Talented group. I've read quite a bit about intelligence theory (also propelled by personal experience - that's a different story.)