User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Smile Hi! Help with typing, please?

Hello everyone ,

I have recently got into this forum, me being quite interested in MBTI psychology. I am looking forward to discussing and interacting with all the members here. In order to do so, though, I would like to solve my 'duality' problem (ahem). I am not very sure of my type, I have taken countless tests (including Enneagram, Eynseck...) I have read many, many profiles, I have done introspection, I have slept on it, but I cannot seem to find the most probable answer. 'INFJ' used to come up first, but after further considerations, T appeared more likely than F. But INTJ is not very befitting of my personality, in my opinion. After reading up on the INTP, it appears to me that I am between INFJ and INTP. My irreductible doubt concerns the Ti-Fe axis : it is not clear to me whether extraverted feeling is my least favoured (4th) and most stressing function or rather my auxiliary function, contrasting (a bit strongly) with both Ni and Ti. How would one go about clearing this up? Could I count on the members' feedback to help me solve this? ( By the way, if anyone is up on guessing my type from this post alone, feel free to!)

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My feedback of late consists of advising people to find your individual letter preferences, not your functions. A functions test would be useful too, and you didn't say if you took one of those. I do have a hunch about your MBTI type, in that you are an INFJ with a high Ti preference.

The Judging communication preference is described using these statements in the book LifeTypes:

I am more likely to communicate like a Judger and:

Discuss schedules and timetables and set realistic deadlines.
    Dislike surprises and want advance warnings.
    Expect others to move their thoughts to conclusions.
    Fix positions and decisions, stating them clearly.
    Orient communications toward results and achievements.
    Talk with purpose and direction.
    Focus my discussions on the content.
    Dislike side discussions in meetings.

As a Perceptive, I personally tend to disagree with more of those than I agree with.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP

mal12345,

Figuring out the preference letters would seem the most straightforward to me, but it's proving hard to do. I am very sure of I+N. T would be a given, if I did not have the habit of using Fe to make rushed decisions (and bang head on the wall afterwards). As for J and P:

Discuss schedules and timetables and set realistic deadlines. Yes
    Dislike surprises and want advance warnings. Affirmative, but usually in dealing with people
    Expect others to move their thoughts to conclusions. Not necessarily
    Fix positions and decisions, stating them clearly. Difficulties making quick, bold decisions sometimes
    Orient communications toward results and achievements Only with a task at hand
    Talk with purpose and direction. 'Random' can take over
    Focus my discussions on the content. Most of the time
    Dislike side discussions in meetings. Occasional indulgence

I have taken a functions test. Results from similarminds.com:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (38%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (62%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (59%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (62%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (16%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (40%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (37%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (40%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

I was thinking of compiling some personal 'trivia' to help spot some kind of behavioural pattern. Necessary?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by luismas View Post
    mal12345,

Figuring out the preference letters would seem the most straightforward to me, but it's proving hard to do. I am very sure of I+N. T would be a given, if I did not have the habit of using Fe to make rushed decisions (and bang head on the wall afterwards). As for J and P:

Discuss schedules and timetables and set realistic deadlines. Yes
    Dislike surprises and want advance warnings. Affirmative, but usually in dealing with people
    Expect others to move their thoughts to conclusions. Not necessarily
    Fix positions and decisions, stating them clearly. Difficulties making quick, bold decisions sometimes
    Orient communications toward results and achievements Only with a task at hand
    Talk with purpose and direction. 'Random' can take over
    Focus my discussions on the content. Most of the time
    Dislike side discussions in meetings. Occasional indulgence

I have taken a functions test. Results from similarminds.com:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (38%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (62%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (59%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (62%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (16%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (40%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (37%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (40%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

I was thinking of compiling some personal 'trivia' to help spot some kind of behavioural pattern. Necessary?
    Your answers to the J questions comes out as affirmative on J. "'Random' can take over" would be the Intuition you already know you have.

With Extroverted Sensing at 16%, I would call this your Inferior function and, as a rule, declare Ni over Ti to be your dominant. Your Ti is a strong auxiliary or tertiary, and even though a Ti auxiliary to Ni is not "allegedly" called for in the modern theory, Jung would definitely allow for it since it is not kept down in the unconscious realm. NiTi, unfortunately, is not enough to come up with a single MBTI type for you. NiFe works just fine however, and with a predominant J score, you have INFJ. (I've often found that one should just go with their first hunch.) The test doesn't tell us what Ti is doing up there at the top with Ni. If you are severely introverted, then tertiary loop theory tells us that Ti is compensating for a lack of auxiliary Fe.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

In my experience, assuming Ti is your tertiary function, you arrive at INTP as a kind of secondary type for you. A tertiary type reverses the fourth letter, so your J becomes a P in the tertiary mode. My tertiary type is ISTJ. My P reverses to J, I retain the T (just as you retain the N), and my N reverses to S (as in Si). Introversion/extraversion does not reverse, but strengthens.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Keeping your fingers on the 'home keys' will improve your accuracy.

MBTI
    INTP

The tertiary loop theory makes sense here , I always identified more with Ti rather than Fe, probably because I score highly as an introvert and because I usually deal with matters requiring structured thinking and logic (my major is Biology / Biotechnology). The functions allow for INTP as a secondary type. Thank you for helping me come to a solid decision. I'll be taking a tour now :-)