User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Anyone else waffling 'tween T & F??

Hey, there, everyone. Nice to meet you.

I haven't paid much heed to MBTI in the past because of mixed results with T and F. Whenever I've tested, I'm always a hair on one side or the other, nothing definitive. And when I read descriptions, I'm not as robotic as a T nor as emotional as an F.

Can anyone else relate?

MBTI
    INFJ

There are a couple of people in my life who are "on the cusp" and my future MIL is close ISTJ/ISFJ. She's warm and cool at the same time, it's very interesting. Fiance and I are going with ISTJ because of her penchant for incessant list-making/day planning, and a lack of volunteer work or other obvious altruism.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OctaviaCaesar View Post
    her penchant for incessant list-making/day planning, and a lack of volunteer work or other obvious altruism.
    That's funny...I'm the exact opposite. Am a lousy list maker/day planner (actually, I'm a lousy implementer, I can make them just fine) but am an avid volunteer.

MBTI
    INFJ

I know that stereotypes are frowned on around here, but I say there are good reasons for a lot of stereotypes (which the MBTI profiles kind of are glorified versions of) and by looking at them you might be able to find out if you are an INFP or an INTP.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm curious how much one's life stage and/or vocation affects the degree of T-ness or F-ness. For example, I worked for a few years at a financial consulting firm, which reinforced T. Now I'm at a place that demands more creativity, and so it seems my F is coming out of hiding.

Does proper MBTI philosophy allow for life circumstance affecting Type? Or is more an "I am what I am" thing?

MBTI
    INFJ

I know that as we age we develop our non-preferences more, so that by old age we are much more balanced... there is a theoretical sequence for this type development which makes sense to me. I think how much people allow their lives to broaden them affects their speed and quality of development.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasa View Post
    And when I read descriptions, I'm not as robotic as a T nor as emotional as an F.

Can anyone else relate?
    then you must be the allien they've been talking about...

welcome!

nice nick by the way, in indonesian, the word rasa means feeling...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hi Rasa!

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Hello, and welcome.

I'm another borderline "thinker" / "feeler". I have always considered myself a "thinker" rather than a "feeler", as I am more 'sensitive' rather than 'emotional'.

I nearly never show my emotions, and I am completely indifferent to praise and criticism. While at the same time, I am known on here as the guy with the giant Pink Panther cuddly toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a worker bee by day, so don't have much time to post but always read the responses. And, Onyx, I often feel like an alien so I think I may very well be the alien in question!! (I know there's an alien smiley but don't have time to find it right now.) Wow, weird "coincidence" that rasa means feeling in Indonesian. I was going with the feminine form of the Latin word rasmus, meaning erased. (Which may mean I'm an F despite my best attempts to be T?)

Falcarius, have you always been one who doesn't show emotion? (I ask because I used to when I was young, but stopped sometime during grade school. Happily, the bright side of maintaining a Spock-like demeanor is that, as you age, you don't get those ugly anger wrinkles between your brows.)