User Tag List

First 123 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cat View Post
    It told me my pattern responses match to INFP and then it told me to consider ENFP or INTP if it doesnt match.

I just read those links and I seem to be caught in the middle between INFP and INTP. They both go well with me.
    Take a test and see what that gives you.

Also read about the cognitive functions that are associated with the different types.

INFP:
    Dominant: Introverted feeling (Fi)

Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation.[16] With Fi as their dominant function, INFPs live primarily in a rich inner world of emotion.[17]

Auxiliary: Extraverted intuition (Ne)

Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[18] INFPs engage the outside world primarily with intuition. They are adept at seeing the big picture, sensing patterns and the flow of existence from the past toward the future.[17]

Tertiary: Introverted sensing (Si)

Si collects data in the present moment and compares it with past experiences, a process that sometimes evokes the feelings associated with memory, as if the subject were reliving it. Seeking to protect what is familiar, Si draws upon history to form goals and expectations about what will happen in the future.[19] This function gives INFPs a natural inclination toward "other-worldliness" and makes them more easily distracted.[17]

Inferior: Extraverted thinking (Te)

Te organizes and schedules ideas and the environment to ensure the efficient, productive pursuit of objectives. Te seeks logical explanations for actions, events, and conclusions, looking for faulty reasoning and lapses in sequence.[20] This function helps INFPs focus on external details, but being the inferior function, requires the expenditure of greater energy and is not as reliable
    ENFP has the same functions as the INFP but they go in this order: Ne - Fi - Te - Si.

INTP:
    Dominant: Introverted thinking (Ti)

Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[12] Ti is calm, articulate, and aware of the forces that bind reality together. As introverted Thinkers, INTPs spend the majority of their time and energy ordering the interior, logical world of principles and generalizations in an effort to understand.

Auxiliary: Extraverted intuition (Ne)

Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[13] Ne gives INTPs a grasp of the patterns of the world around them. They use their intuition to amalgamate empirical data into coherent pictures, from which they can derive universal principles. INTPs frequently puzzle over a problem for hours on end, until the answer suddenly crystallizes in a flash of insight.

Tertiary: Introverted sensing (Si)

Si collects data in the present moment and compares it with past experiences, a process that sometimes evokes the feelings associated with memory, as if the subject were reliving it. Seeking to protect what is familiar, Si draws upon history to form goals and expectations about what will happen in the future.[14] Si gives INTPs the potential for keen observation. They use this function to gather empirical data, use physical tools, perceive physical relationships, and support their internal logic with a rich sense of space.

Inferior: Extraverted feeling (Fe)

Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.[15] Fe drives the INTP to desire harmony in community. At their most relaxed, INTPs can be charming and outgoing among friends, or when they have a clearly defined role in the group. When under stress, however, INTPs can feel disconnected from the people around them, unable to use their extraverted Feeling to reach out to others. As their inferior function, Feeling can be a weak point; when threatened they will hide behind a wall of stoic logic. This can lead them to bottle up their emotions to preserve reason and harmony; but a failure to deal with these concealed emotions can lead to inappropriate outbursts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Welcome. Daw, I like the name. Somehow the Dr. Seuss book comes to mind XD
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Take a test and see what that gives you.

Also read about the cognitive functions that are associated with the different types.

ENFP has the same functions as the INFP but they go in this order: Ne - Fi - Te - Si.
    I took a test and it told me I was an INFP and that I should consider INTP or ENFP if I don't agree with it. Maybe I should just say I'm an INFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    Welcome. Daw, I like the name. Somehow the Dr. Seuss book comes to mind XD
    Thank you. dr. seuss made good stories but I was more of a roald dahl fan.

Anew Leaf

I took a test and it told me I was an INFP and that I should consider INTP or ENFP if I don't agree with it. Maybe I should just say I'm an INFP.

Thank you. dr. seuss made good stories but I was more of a roald dahl fan.
    Well, try on the INFP hat and see how well it fits. welcome to ze land of sugar and unicorns. Here is your welcome packet complete with jelly beans and a new penguin pet.

MBTI
    INXP

Well, try on the INFP hat and see how well it fits. welcome to ze land of sugar and unicorns. Here is your welcome packet complete with jelly beans and a new penguin pet.
    in the other I have decided Im not going to put on any hats for now. maybe at a later time

Anew Leaf

in the other I have decided Im not going to put on any hats for now. maybe at a later time
    Well, you're definitely a P then!

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Hi. Looks like you are some type of nfp breed.
    Obviously he likes cats, all NFs have a weird cat fetish.

MBTI
    INXP

Well, you're definitely a P then!
    Haha well I guess theres no denying that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hey, is that a fat Russian Blue? She looks pretty intent on her next move. Welcome.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hey, is that a fat Russian Blue? She looks pretty intent on her next move. Welcome.
    Thank you. Haha, yes, it probably is. Must be a winning chess master.