User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Hello there!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw No. 451 View Post
    Also, if you have an appreciation of Tumblr, Harry Potter, anime, horror stories/films and/or Adventure Time, we probably have enough in common to chat sometime.
    I like all of these things. Hit me up.

Your forum handle is fabulous, my friend.

Welcome!
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

ThatGirl

I actually don't have a clever or funny story about how I chose my screen name. It's an allusion to a poetry anthology I was reading and Fahrenheit 451. Disappointing, no?
    Yes, I hated that book.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I have a great appreciation of Harry Potter, and I'm an INTJ.

I sense the beginning of a beautiful thing.

Welcome!
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Hi and welcome! You should be able to find plenty of tumblr and anime fans here. Among other things.
    Thank you very much!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Idealatious View Post
    I would like to blame you for making me watch half of the Adventure Time episodes. I mean really, twisting my arm and all by mentioning it offhandedly that you appreciate it - really unacceptable! For shame.

haha, I've been meaning to watch it; your comment just pushed me over the edge. But I could not find a worse timing - I'm supposed to be observing my own little self-imposed ban from webcomics. And alas, I go watch cartoons. Hilarious show, by the way; not exactly what I expected. Against my better judgment, I'll probably finish the episodes soon.

Welcome to the forums!
    Okay, I would like to ask you a very serious question: What webcomics are you into?

I only follow a few regularly:
    Trying Human
    Questionable Content
    Heard
    Girls Next Door
    Roommates

I'm still trying to catch up on a few like Gunnerkrigg Court and 8-Bit Theater. Please excuse the listing. I might look like I'm showing off, but I just really like webcomics...

Also, you have to say what your favorite episode is soon! I absolutely love Marceline so I like almost every episode where she makes an appearance! This is my reaction when I hear that Marceline will be in an episode -->

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    I like all of these things. Hit me up.

Your forum handle is fabulous, my friend.

Welcome!
    Thanks for the welcome!

What kind of horror stuff do you like? Most of my friends don't like that kind of thing. Lol

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Yes, I hated that book.
    You're right. Maybe I should be more creative and use the name "That Other Girl" so people don't get us confused.

I don't imagine they would, though; you see, I'm not a troll.

If you're up to it, I would be interested in (ignoring) your explanation as to why you hate it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    I have a great appreciation of Harry Potter, and I'm an INTJ.

I sense the beginning of a beautiful thing.

Welcome!
    Hurray for Potterheads!!! So you're stoked for Pottermore, right? Have you been sorted and everything? Or are you still a muggle like me?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Thanks for the welcome!

What kind of horror stuff do you like? Most of my friends don't like that kind of thing. Lol
    All of it, really. I tend to be bored by slashers, and dig more along the lines of paranormal or psychological horror. I'm a big fan of Asian horror as a lot of their films combine these two to really awesome effect. How about you?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    91?

Okay, I would like to ask you a very serious question: What webcomics are you into?
    Ooh! I love webcomics as well! I will treat this question with the seriousness it deserves! *serious face* I read Questionable Content and Gunnerkrigg Court also! I have read some of 8-Bit Theater and I think I have Trying Human on my to-read list...

Goblins and Girl Genius would probably be my current favorites. I see, like me, you prefer story comics to more non-linear or one-strip ones! Although I read some of those too.

Order of the Stick is pretty good, Out There updates often like QC, hmmm... Bear Nuts is really shiny... But wow! Webcomics are kind of a recent obsession of mine. I am just looking through my bookmarks and I just have so many it's ridiculous. Sometime in the near future I shall create a thread about webcomics! ...or you could start one. Anyway; I am definitely going to jump into any thread about webcomics I can find!

My favorite webcomic is Homestuck. I wouldn't really recommend it - it starts out slow and is the most ridiculously long thing ever. Really. But I am thoroughly obsessed; and Homestuck is the reason I banned myself from webcomics. Temporarily. While it's not updating. I'm terrible at self-control, hehe. Oh but you've been hanging around DeviantArt like I do; you might've seen Homestuck fanart by now. Do you have a DeviantArt account?

Ahhhh Marceline is awesome! I must agree! I'm realizing that I don't think I can find all the episodes online without introducing any lovely viruses into my computer, so I don't think I can watch them all. But I will keep looking around for a bit longer, see what I else I can find!