User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    91?

Default Do unrepentant introverts study abroad? (Hi, INFJ here!)

Hello, hello. Infrequent lurker here, always attempting to break my patterns of non-engagement on the Internet.

Me? INFJ female who strongly relates to all INs. I relate to and respect INTJs greatly, having an INTJ sister and an INTJ penpal. I sometimes wonder if I'm INFP while sometimes jokingly describing them as being "squishy." And tend to have platonic crushes on INTPs. What can I say, they fascinate me. I hope to better understand differences between INFJ/INFP and INTJ/INTP in the future - and understand everyone better as well!

So, my username isn't the best - I use the same one for everything. I also will subject you all to my stupid art because I don't know what else to use as an avatar.

Time for a list, yay:
    -INFJ, 4w5, rloai, Melancholic/Phlegmatic, don't understand socionics yet
    -undergraduate student, (of the perfectionist, only gets good grades if studies excessively, doesn't know what I want to do with my life, variety)
    -psychology major (biology/cognitive science minors)
    -loves to draw, read, cook poorly, sing badly, write (that is, ramble, mangle sentence structure, overuse semicolons) and explore cities at night
    -loves animals, dreams, personality, art, science-fiction, thriftiness, lakes, sky-diving (in theory)

To be blatantly honest, I'm kind of lonely right now! I'm studying abroad in Finland, which is actually pretty amazing in many ways that I won't get into now, but all the exchange students do is party, and drink, and shriek outside my door at night. My attempts to make friends have so far resulted in many acquaintances and no good friends. I will keep trying with the Chinese and Russians, haha! (I'm American, by the way, expected to be rambunctious and partying)

Sorry my first post has to unveil my inadequacies, I'd rather it be beautifully flippant, perhaps cynical, perhaps blindingly sincere, wreathed with ridiculous poetic prose and filled with my hopes and dreams. All that nonsense. So hi, everyone!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Idealatious View Post
    Sorry my first post has to unveil my inadequacies, I'd rather it be beautifully flippant, perhaps cynical, perhaps blindingly sincere, wreathed with ridiculous poetic prose and filled with my hopes and dreams. All that nonsense. So hi, everyone!
    Haha! Your post made me laugh. Welcome (from a fellow newbie)!

I was going to study abroad but ended up changing degrees before I got to it…also, I was being a bit of a coward! Good on you for going . I hope you make friends soon-ish!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hello, I am studying abroad as well, but in Tokyo. I sometimes wonder if it is worth it to attempt to make a bunch of friends, I have a few people here I like, and they make good exploring companions, but I also like to wander on my own.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    91?

Haha! Your post made me laugh. Welcome (from a fellow newbie)!
    Bamboozle, glad to bring some amusement. Thanks for your wishes; I will continue to regularly extricate myself from my laptop and search for like-minded individuals who are incidentally probably on their laptops. Maybe I should open random doors in my hallway.

Ooh, Tokyo sounds amazing, Shannoneen. I chose Finland partially because nearly everyone speaks English - do you know Japanese? Did you have any sort of set goal for your studying abroad experience? My plan was sort of 1) get my butt out of the USA already 2) ??? 3) profit - so I have no clue what I'm doing.

And I personally absolutely love exploring by myself! I've given myself several city tours to find the very best local secrets, and I keep going on long rambles by lakes at night. But argh, I so want to connect with other people! I don't need a huge group of friends to clog up the streets with, but consider it a success if I go to an event and make one good friend who I know I'll keep in touch with. And I haven't so far! But I will persevere - insert fist-pumping, running up mountains in slow motion, and other such unnecessary dramatics.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Welcome Idealatious - I like your username!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Wolcome! Ooo! Somebody should start like "Over the Seas Study Club" group on here or something more catchy.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    91?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Welcome Idealatious - I like your username!
    Thanks and hi! I like your Rogue avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    Wolcome! Ooo! Somebody should start like "Over the Seas Study Club" group on here or something more catchy.
    Ooh, great idea; thanks! I might just have to use that; much catchier than any name I can think of, haha. INF_ I see, awesome. I'm fairly sure I'm INFJ, but I going to research the functions more just to make sure.

Hi, Idealatious! You seem like a cool person. I'm actually planning on studying abroad as well sometime soon, perhaps to Japan. And I like your avatar!

MBTI
    INTP

I'm an unrepentant introvert and studying abroad is one of my fondest dreams Traveling in general is something I love to do.

Actually, I've been learning German from books and audio tapes for over a year so that I can study in Germany oder Switzerland.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I know this is a long shot, but I've seen stranger things happen..
    I have a friend studying abroad in Finland right now.. You wouldn't happen to be from Florida would you?