User Tag List

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Default Konnichwa, the pleasure is foremost mine. ;)

Hello everyone,

My name is Stephanie, but do please call me Mel or Melfina if you like.
    I've known I was an Infj my whole life, but had it confirmed through a test in college about 4 years ago. I've since developed a decent extroverted disguise, but I suppose that won't show to well through text. I went at this without reading anyone's intro post previously, so let's see what I can think to tell you... I am the semblence of a single identity in my mind, but only a shadow or glimpse of that on the outside. I would choose to learn about you over myself because I could still learn about myself through you, and as a bonus, I'd make you happy to be given attention. I tend to love "sad" music... or so I am told. It sounds sadder to most other people, but it... feels...to me. I guess having a polarity of melancholy would make sadder themes more of a home base to me. I care very much about how I phrase things, secondary would be spelling and last grammar. I value the passing along of an idea or concept over the precision of a fact or detail. I often feel lonely and misunderstood, but I blame it equally on myself and "you" along with the scenario... not so much in an effort to blame, but to understand why. I would say I can never truly relax... not that I'm a sort of nervous mouse... more like I'm a superhuman meant to save the world so everything matters by default...even my downtime. Believe me, I've tried to do the "convince myself I'm normal thing"...as you all know I'm sure, if you figure out who you are, it's pretty ingrained in you and not easy to change. So, here I am, learning more about myself and trying to grow with you.

On a non-personality note, I love games. Mind games yes of course, but also RPG's and sports. How's that work? A videogamer and an athlete? Idk... I just am. Volleyball is my favorite sport, and World of Warcraft is my favorite mmo. I used to write poetry in middle school and high school. I sang in competitions then too. I graduated in May this year with my bachelor's in New Media. It's like making videogames and websites...fun and boring at the same time.

So, yep... there's the Gatekeeper level you're allowed to stand at, and the rest is up to you...well and my temperment at the time.
    Thank you for reading! See you in the forums sometime soon.

~Mel

Hajimemashite! You seem like a pretty cool person. You're also most likely an e4 (like me) based on that post, if you're interested in the enneagram. I hope you like it here!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm going to be an asshole and point out that there's an "i" missing in the thread title.

But anyhow, nice to meet you! You sound like a pretty cool person. Do you speak Japanese?
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

It's shy.
    No, I speak a little Japanese but not enough to matter.
    Nihonjin desu ka?

A close friend of mine lived in Japan for a year, but I have yet to visit.
    Oh, you're an intj...*grin*

Um, I'm not sure. When I took that type test it gave me EII. I don't know much about it though. How important is it compared to the mbti?

Sidenote: I reply from my phone so my grammar and spelling reflects my patience for correcting autocorrect, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Melfina View Post
    Um, I'm not sure. When I took that type test it gave me EII. I don't know much about it though. How important is it compared to the mbti?
    EII is socionics, not the enneagram. Here's a link: http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/200...-ennegram.html

I personally find the enneagram more useful and interesting than the mbti. If I read INTP descriptions, they're very vague and kind of like "yeah, I suppose it fits". But when I read enneagram type 4 descriptions, it's like "who are you and how do you know me?!" The enneagram has much more depth to it than the mbti, and it's also useful for self-improvement and growth as an individual, and that's why I prefer it.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Welcome! A gamer... Fantastic! What class in WoW?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Welcome! An Outlaw Star fan?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Hello! Welcome.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Melfina View Post
    It's shy.
    No, I speak a little Japanese but not enough to matter.
    Nihonjin desu ka?

A close friend of mine lived in Japan for a year, but I have yet to visit.
    Oh, you're an intj...*grin*

Sidenote: I reply from my phone so my grammar and spelling reflects my patience for correcting autocorrect, lol.
    私は沖縄から来ました。

Edit: Oh, your phone might not read characters. In that case: watashi ha okinawa kara kimashita.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost