User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Quelques details sur moi

Hello to all you MBTI lore friends and students!

I am the umpteenth INTP member who started by visiting INTPc. I am therefore not helping the website reach a proper balance between personality types. I hope to encounter many people of the 15 other MBTI types in order to have a glimpse of different perspectives on personality and various topics in a rich microcosm.

I usually divulge little about my life in my posts and have never set out or felt the need to write a blog - who I am is not the most fascinating subject - so I will "get rid" of this here. Bear with me.

I was born in France in 1986. My mother is American which explains why a Frenchman ventures into an English speaking environment. I have however never lived in an English speaking country and therefore will not possess the usual cultural baggage many of you have and might display quirkiness in my use of language. Until college, I studied in public international schools, a wonderful environment: culturally rich yet respecting the French principle of "laicite". This allowed prejudice to wane and friendships with peers of several nationalities to blossom. Also, the system was slightly selective academically, which saved me from the classic High School trauma many introverts experience in other contexts.

However little I tend to talk about myself in posts, I did develop the habit of wielding my "French perspective" as a banner on INTPc. I hope to do this less systematically here.

I am completing a year abroad in Sweden studying and failing third year theoretical physics. I am by no means monomaniac, quite the opposite, and on my spare time - which is most of the time - I pour my attention into a plethora of fields of interest, some ambitious, some trivial in the conventional framework. My hobbies range from reading biographies, English literature, psychology books, science, geography journals to playing Dance Dance Revolution hours on end, climbing, or spending hours doodling and weaving improvisations on a piano. Most of the time I am beatific in front of a computer monitor or lying down reading a book. Like many INTPs I have many unknown skills up my sleeve, so contrasting, as to making me appear as iconoclastic. Reaching competence for the sake of it and moving on before it becomes burdensome.

I have started earning money as a jazz pianist. Music has always been a hobby and never "work". I never was ambitious, but this year in Sweden, a series of events have led me to join various jazz orchestras, some professional, although my preference lies in smaller formations (jazz trio or quartet). I have never been dedicated enough to polish my technique, but my capacity to adapt instantaneously in any given improvisational context has given me the reputation of a sound pianist substitute right now. Calls received the morning of a concert day, no preparation, and boom, material discovered live in front of a paying audience. INTP magic...

The INTP description suits me well, but I often feel more like an "idealistic rational" than a "rational rational" (I think Jung was a "rational idealist" which is even another subtlety). This especially manifests itself in the search for truth and an ever-present grasping for "oneness". My feeling functions are significantly atrophic though...

I hope to occasionally contribute positively and to avoid being a burden. I am a behind the scenes kind of person and will rarely take hold of a thread or hog the spotlight. For this reason, I might be a discrete background element who sometimes says interesting things and other times the opposite.

I wish MBTI Central prosperity!

MBTI
    INTP

Salut et bienvenue.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Hello there. I am Canadian, and I believe I've been taught Quebec French all along (although I live in western Canada). This summer I'm going to Paris on a tour. What sorts of things should I expect there?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Hello,Tayshaun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    This summer I'm going to Paris on a tour. What sorts of things should I expect there?
    It depends on what kind of tour you are on. Whether you will be doing mostly group visits or if you have freedom to roam alone. Whether you will be rushing trough the Louvre and Notre Dame and move on or if you will have time to impregnate yourself with the identity of every arrondissement.

You can expect a unique atmosphere. Like in most big cities there are enough parameters to experience either a pleasant or a disturbing ambivalence. Nervous yet subdued, touristic yet intimate, artistic yet self-absorbed, multiculturalism yet identity, sophisticated yet accessible, etc.

If you enjoy traveling and visiting cities, it should be enjoyable. Lots of material for analysis and things to do.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hello Tayshaun. Welcome!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INXP

Hello! Whereabouts in Sweden? I spent some time in Norkopping (sp?) and the surrounding areas last year.

-Geoff

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hello! Whereabouts in Sweden? I spent some time in Norkopping (sp?) and the surrounding areas last year.

-Geoff
    Uppsala.

What were you impressions about Sweden?

If you spent time near Norrkoping, you also might have gone to the other -kopings: Linkoping, Nykoping, etc. Did you visit Stockholm?

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    Uppsala.

What were you impressions about Sweden?

If you spent time near Norrkoping, you also might have gone to the other -kopings: Linkoping, Nykoping, etc. Did you visit Stockholm?
    I did, I stayed in all three of them, at one point or another, but didn't get as far as Stockholm.

Sweden was interesting, I enjoyed touring around the castles, and old churches, and trying out the restaurants and things. The coast was pretty... and really reminded me of Nova Scotia in Canada.

That part of Sweden was a bit flat for my tastes, next time I want to be up in Fjord country!

-Geoff

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

What a great introduction thread! & Welcome Tayshaun good to see you!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**