User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Hello

  1. #21
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by return-of-uni View Post
    I think i might be NP but not sure are you good at typing?
    I'm good at speed-typing people I meet irl.... but can't yet read minds online.

    So what things lead you to think you could be NP?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm good at speed-typing people I meet irl.... but can't yet read minds online.

    So what things lead you to think you could be NP?
    well i am fairly certain even with limited experience i am IN the F/T and P/S i wonder about.I do think the myers briggs test is limited due to its limitations of having to find basic questions to be able to predict a type as aposed to someone who can correspond directly to you.

    I took the test and was placed as an INTP, I then asked my ex girlfriend to take the test answering what she knew about me and it resulted in INTP. I have met one INTP in real life and found the differences glaring and feel no real brotherhood to INTP central.

    I know only basic so have used the terms F/T and J/P. i kinda want an educated guess without thinking of Ti domiant thinking or whatever the terms are.

  3. #23
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by return-of-uni View Post
    well i am fairly certain even with limited experience i am IN the F/T and P/S i wonder about.I do think the myers briggs test is limited due to its limitations of having to find basic questions to be able to predict a type as aposed to someone who can correspond directly to you.

    I took the test and was placed as an INTP, I then asked my girlfriend to take the test answering what she knew about me and it resulted in INTP. I have met one INTP in real life and found the differences glaring and feel no real brotherhood to INTP central.

    I know only basic so have used the terms F/T and J/P. i kinda want an eductaed guess without thinking of Ti domiant thinking or whatever the terms are.
    Basically, I would just watch how you posted and answered questions, what sort of things you asked, what your focus was on, where your mind and line of reasoning went, etc., if I knew you were just being natural. That's how I read people.

    Real life gives a lot more to go on, here I'm stuck just with the content of your posts, but I don't get to hear inflection or see body language or hear timing, etc. So results vary here.

    What is your age again? (If you feel like telling me.)

    I don't see anything that would negate an INTP reading right now with what you've said, but I can't validate it either...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Basically, I would just watch how you posted and answered questions, what sort of things you asked, what your focus was on, where your mind and line of reasoning went, etc., if I knew you were just being natural. That's how I read people.

    Real life gives a lot more to go on, here I'm stuck just with the content of your posts, but I don't get to hear inflection or see body language or hear timing, etc. So results vary here.

    What is your age again? (If you feel like telling me.)

    I don't see anything that would negate an INTP reading right now with what you've said, but I can't validate it either...
    I am 35.
    I am natural to the point that i have no hidden agenda that would taint our correspondence as to predictions of type. I agree words in type are limited in there information about the actual poster.

    I would be happy to receive applicable examples from anyone as to to how the letters respond different from each other in everyday situations.

    Have you always tested INTP and how old are you?

    sorry to amend i have spent more time at INTP central so havent seen as many character descriptions and questions by different types so that should help.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    1. Do they ever talk too much or too little?
    I've seen both. They usually come alive if you get them one-on-one with someone they actually know, otherwise they hold back a bit, not wanting to accidentally offend.

    Do they seem stuck up?
    They can seem stuck up, if they are feeling uncomfortable. Basically, they won't talk at all, then talk to someone they know well who walks in and seem like a completely different person -- and this could get read by a stranger as them not WANTING to talk to the other people because they aren't good enough. And the fact that many INFPs are moralistic (strong internalized viewpoints) and can seem very "good" on the outside could sometimes put up a wall between them and people who are "not as good."

    Do they seem aloof or just quiet and reserved?
    Either, depending on context.

    Do you think they come off as emotionally unstable?
    Ummm... only when they wave that knife in the air...?

    In general, how would you profile a male INFP?
    In general, how would you profile a female INFP?

    Some traits that help me guess INFP:
    • Low-key, sometimes even reserved; hates to intrude; soft-spoken.
    • Very careful with their words; comments about others are usually as kind as possible, even when the situation doesn't seem to warrant it. Corollary: Often apologies profusely for being negative, when everyone else only heard a minor criticism. (!)
    • Often loves talking about their dreams, morals, visions, values in life, what's meaningful.
    • Often has a creative streak in some genre... or at least aspires.
    • Can talk in personal conceptual terms easily.
    • Easily articulates the essence of people, in casual conversation
    • Usually likes fiction, also enjoys a lot of books of conceptual broad knowledge (history, culture, religion, philosophy, literature)


    There are more, but those are just some obvious ones that help. (Note: Readings are always based on context and many features working in conjunction, not just on a few isolated points.)

    What do you think of INFPs as coworkers, subordinates, or authority figures?

    INFPs shine at respecting other people's "voices" -- they take great care, usually, that all people are treated with dignity, are listened to and considered, and go out of their way to not offend others. They also seem to be very good at seeing people in positive lights.

    However, they are usually not good at wielding power and/or asserting their leadership, because they hate to push people. They would rather encourage and motivate in order to get others to act autonomously. Again, this is part of making everyone "have a voice."

    They can sometimes be passive-aggressive in their behavior. They don't want to have direct open conflict but will drag their feet or make things difficult by just not doing what is expected of them. The two working extremes seem to be "fluffy" versus "productive." Those who focus on Ne don't get much done but they have wonderful imaginations and love to discuss their values and dreams. Those who have developed Te often go into "work" mode and are very productive but can also become very nitpicking, critical, and anal if under too much stress-- the perfectionist tendencies definitely come out.

    What do I personally think? Usually people I would aspire to be like, they tend to be "that good" (i.e., a good moral example!) However, I usually do not like being led by them where they have to give orders; unless they've worked on their inferior Te function, they can often be wishy-washy, non-authoritative, and sometimes don't see the negatives of a situation or person.

    How do you view INFPs in romantic relationships?
    I wish I could help you, but I've never been in one with an INFP. Sorry.
    i have just read your post on your view of INFP'S so that and others should help its a good post.

    im not getting fresh

  6. #26
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by return-of-uni View Post
    Have you always tested INTP and how old are you?
    Always tested INTP.

    I did a check as well, from the start, against INFP... but related almost perfectly to the INTP descriptions and NOT to 50%+ of the INFP description. (If my Fi was more dominant, I think many of my life situations might have been resolved a long time ago.) Still, some people here harbor the idea that I'm an INFP of sorts...

    My deviations:
    • I spent a lot of time living in Ne in my interactions with others due to environmental reasons, whereas most of your INTPs at INTPc went naturally with their Ti... and you'll see a lot of untempered Ti use over there. (I was afraid of rejection, so I'd "play around" with Ne with people and never really use Ti outwardly because it was so judgmental -- I reserved judgment for myself and was extremely critical of my choices.)
    • My Fe is abnormally high due to danger in my home environment growing up, so I learned to manage reactions of the people around me (Fe is great for that); however, I still possessed a lot of the negative aspects of Fe that INTPs do and only recently worked through those.
    • My Ni is also abnormally high. I don't know why: Either it was an innate quirk, OR (1) it's some sort of "pseudo-Ti+Ne" Ni that I developed to anticipate danger in my surroundings and/or (2) I spent almost all my time alone when I was young and lived in my imagination. I was also raised in the church and had my spiritual side encouraged. I naturally look at things from all different angles.


    I have a large kinship with INFJ types... which I attribute now (doh) to having strong Ni+Fe (that's the primary/secondary for INFJ).

    We can talk flavors of INTPs tomorrow, I'm exhausted and need to sleep.

    Oh, and I'm 39 ... so we're sort of in the same place.

    Quote Originally Posted by return-of-uni View Post
    i have just read your post on your view of INFP'S so that and others should help its a good post.
    Oh gee, I forgot I even wrote that. Thanks... and it's fun to read something I don't remember writing... I get to see it fresh.

    im not getting fresh
    .... going to bed... zzzzzz....*clunk*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Always tested INTP.

    I did a check as well, from the start, against INFP... but related almost perfectly to the INTP descriptions and NOT to 50%+ of the INFP description. (If my Fi was more dominant, I think many of my life situations might have been resolved a long time ago.) Still, some people here harbor the idea that I'm an INFP of sorts...

    My deviations:
    • I spent a lot of time living in Ne in my interactions with others due to environmental reasons, whereas most of your INTPs at INTPc went naturally with their Ti... and you'll see a lot of untempered Ti use over there. (I was afraid of rejection, so I'd "play around" with Ne with people and never really use Ti outwardly because it was so judgmental -- I reserved judgment for myself and was extremely critical of my choices.)
    • My Fe is abnormally high due to danger in my home environment growing up, so I learned to manage reactions of the people around me (Fe is great for that); however, I still possessed a lot of the negative aspects of Fe that INTPs do and only recently worked through those.
    • My Ni is also abnormally high. I don't know why: Either it was an innate quirk, OR (1) it's some sort of "pseudo-Ti+Ne" Ni that I developed to anticipate danger in my surroundings and/or (2) I spent almost all my time alone when I was young and lived in my imagination. I was also raised in the church and had my spiritual side encouraged. I naturally look at things from all different angles.


    I have a large kinship with INFJ types... which I attribute now (doh) to having strong Ni+Fe (that's the primary/secondary for INFJ).

    We can talk flavors of INTPs tomorrow, I'm exhausted and need to sleep.

    Oh, and I'm 39 ... so we're sort of in the same place.
    I dont mean to sound like im jumping on the bandwagon because you have brought it to light but i would say you have tendies that arent strictly INTP and lean towards INFP as for example your post on INFP's and how welcome you have me feel night its nearly 5am and i should also sleep. I would be grateful to continue the conversation.

  8. #28
    Rats off to ya! Mort Belfry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    From what I've read of hers, I would say Jennifer totally is an INTP.

    Quote Originally Posted by return-of-uni View Post
    how welcome you have me feel
    That would be Fe not Fi.



    ........Fe Fi Ho Hum
    Why do we always come here?

    I guess we'll never know.

    It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    From what I've read of hers, I would say Jennifer totally is an INTP.



    That would be Fe not Fi.



    ........Fe Fi Ho Hum
    hiya

    what would be? and the difference is? and it means?

Similar Threads

  1. Say hello to Geoff, your new overlord
    By Ivy in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 07:25 AM
  2. Hello - First Post
    By Sartorial in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 12:16 AM
  3. Hello all you out there
    By mkobrien76 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 11:02 PM
  4. Hello, I'm Fortunato
    By Totenkindly in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
  5. Hello again
    By MacGuffin in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO