User Tag List

First 1234 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hey Oso,

Good to see you made an introduction thread.

and good to see you here, too.

Culture here...

well... INTPc is probably a distillation of the essence of MBTIc. The "darker, emptier, simpler" quote I referred to in my intro there.

Here, it is sillier, trashier at times, fluffier. Unexpected depths in little pockets. A mish-mash of discussions, the lonely, and folks seeking to comfort all in one. Things get smoothed over quicker. Could be good or bad. It is more open in that sense.

Welcome.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Hey Oso,

Good to see you made an introduction thread.
    You know, earlier someone gently encouraged me to do so!

I guess it worked out.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

when one sees a bear with its paws over its eyes, it is hard not to try make the fella want to open his eyes again.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Hello and welcome.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Oso! I have missed you, too. Welcome to MBTIc.

I often disappear from here for extended periods due to life, but I do come back like a lupine to his ... wait, I probably shouldn't describe the members here like that.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    GONE

Hey Oso, your name reminds me Osso Bucco..." Or Loco Moco Anyhow, I'm feeling hungry.

Welcome!

As you can maybe tell, things are bit of a free for all here sometimes. I've never been to INTPc, and honestly have no desire to. Same with INTJf or even INFPgc. Now maybe if there were an ENFPc I think I'd look out of curiousity but I don't think I'd like the dynamic of having so many of one type (especially claiming ownership of the site) and even so many ENFPs in one place...might just be too much of everyone agreeing with one another and not give me the differeing perspectives I want. Plus, who doesn't like a good fight where people cite MBTI theory to explain personality flaws, right? I'd probably return here.

I like that there are all different kinds here, though of course, still a high concentration of XNTPs (you dang internet hoppers) and lower concentration of S and the age demos seem to be skewing to the 25 and under group. There is still variety though. And as a plus a high concentration of members with good manners in addition to good netiquette (which are very different) and others who are more rough around the edges. I've heard people say it's quite friendly here, and since this is the only online forum I belong to, I'll take their word for it.

I'm a silicon valley native myself and while I don't participate in (much) tech nerdliness myself I'm surrounded by it. I think one day I'm going to get drunk, run over to Ebay and throw some piece of crap I got in the mail at the receptionist yelling, "Keep the refund!!!!!" Are you from SV originally and do you miss it?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Welcome to Diet INTPc.

The difference? Pretty big. There's more of a sharing/exchange vibe and less of a confrontational/debate vibe, as you can expect, partly because it's not overpopulated with INTPs, and partly because the nature of the site (MBTI) is inclusive and supportive. There's also no Hustler to police the forum to make sure everyone falls into INTP-line. The net effect is that people are able to express themselves a bit more honestly without fear of being ostracized. There's a pretty deep blog culture here that parallels and channels that honesty. On the other hand, a lower guard means less fluff, but the madmins try to keep it tidy. The actual threads are similar: relationship advice, spirituality, type-everything-in-my-life, and rants seem to predominate. I get the impression that INTPc has more serious and boring threads while MBTIc has more fluffy and fun threads. That's just my take, of course.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hey Oso, your name reminds me Osso Bucco..." Or Loco Moco Anyhow, I'm feeling hungry.
    Oh ... for a while, I worked in downtown Oakland. There was a GREAT Hawaiian restaurant one block from my office. I loved me some Hawaiian food. My username just means "Bratty Bear".

I like that there are all different kinds here, though of course, still a high concentration of XNTPs (you dang internet hoppers) and lower concentration of S and the age demos seem to be skewing to the 25 and under group.
    Yeah, that sounds like a decent description of Internet forum users.

I'm a silicon valley native myself and while I don't participate in (much) tech nerdliness myself I'm surrounded by it. I think one day I'm going to get drunk, run over to Ebay and throw some piece of crap I got in the mail at the receptionist yelling, "Keep the refund!!!!!" Are you from SV originally and do you miss it?
    I'm not a native Californian. My wife is. I was raised as kind of a gypsy. At this point in my life, I've spent a lot of time in the U.S. northeast. New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. I've lived in a lot of other places too, but I guess to some extent I most identify as a New Yorker. I do miss Northern California, though, and if I have a chance I will move back there.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Welcome to Diet INTPc.

The difference? Pretty big. There's more of a sharing/exchange vibe and less of a confrontational/debate vibe, as you can expect, partly because it's not overpopulated with INTPs, and partly because the nature of the site (MBTI) is inclusive and supportive. There's also no Hustler to police the forum to make sure everyone falls into INTP-line.
    That's actually one of the things that most sucks about INTPc. I mean, I still like it, obviously, but it does have its downside.

I get the impression that INTPc has more serious and boring threads while MBTIc has more fluffy and fun threads. That's just my take, of course.
    I think I'll probably enjoy both, then. Here, I can celebrate my inner ENTP.

MBTI
    INTP

Hey Oso

I recently started posting a bit here too.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.