User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Default Greetings all! Confused type seeking clarification!

New to the forums although very interested in the MBTI. I have gotten the following results: INFJ,INFP,ISFP,INTP and ISFJ. From what I see, the only clear thing I see is the introversion which I can definitely attest to (liking spending time alone, drained by much social contact, etc) yet the other aspects seem to be fairly down the middle.

I am very much interested in philosophy, esoteric studies, international travel, and music! Looking for a career where I can help people/society from a removed perspective. Although I am a thinker, none of the careers pertaining to the thinking types interest me (computer engineer, scientist, etc) yet the Feeling careers really do (writing, psychology, music)

I'm wondering if any other people here have such shifts between the types, and how that split is rectified in daily life and growth!

Happy to be here!

MBTI
    FREE

Welcome. Try on this test for size.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Thanks! I took the test, and scored INFP. What I noticed about the types is that it's not just the letters themselves but the strength of the preferences. Two people could have the same type and express it in completely different ways..

In my case, the only clear preference I saw was introversion which is at about 70-80% while s/n, f/t and p/j are basically even. I notice I can be a detached thinker most of the time, but have a genuine concern for people and humanity.

Freedom and solitude are very important as I don't like being energetically imposed upon at all.

Hoping some more experienced typologists could help with insights!

I've taken the enneagram test and consistently score a 5w4, but also identify with the 9's quest for a peaceful life.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

What's your favorite branch of philosophy? Logic, metaphysics, aesthetics, epistemology, or ethics?

Read about the differences between Fi and Ti. A good thread that just recently popped up about the topic can be found here.

Fi vs. Fe breakdown: Fi is about subjective value, personal system of ethics, defining what's important and maintaining a sense of personal congruency through authenticity/sincerity. Fe is about accordance with social norms, harmonious social relations, and caring for others/putting others needs and desires before yours.

I say you're definitely an intuitive. Try to find out what you think your dominant and auxiliary functions are and then we can make some progress.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateYoda View Post
    Thanks! I took the test, and scored INFP. What I noticed about the types is that it's not just the letters themselves but the strength of the preferences. Two people could have the same type and express it in completely different ways..

In my case, the only clear preference I saw was introversion which is at about 70-80% while s/n, f/t and p/j are basically even. I notice I can be a detached thinker most of the time, but have a genuine concern for people and humanity.

Freedom and solitude are very important as I don't like being energetically imposed upon at all.

Hoping some more experienced typologists could help with insights!

I've taken the enneagram test and consistently score a 5w4, but also identify with the 9's quest for a peaceful life.
    What were the order of your functions? Can you copy paste your results?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INFPs for whatever reason appear to be the Number #1 type to experience type confusion, followed by ENFPs and INTPs. I don't know why.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ That's because no one wants to be an INFP. They seem like one of the most unpopular types.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateYoda View Post
    Happy to be here!
    And to keep your balance, all you need to remember is that you are not a type, you are a person.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I took the test again. Got INFP again as a result. I've listed the function order below. What is strange about the feeling function..is that I've always been known as a thinker, and spend a lot of time in my mind going over things, and it's tough to outwardly express emotion or be extremely empathetic, although I have sympathy for people, and want to help them with their issues and provide insights.

1)Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi)(40.5)
    2)Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne)(37.4)
    3)Introverted Sensing (Si)(33.3)
    4)Extraverted Feeling (Fe)(30.3)
    5)Introverted Intuiting (Ni)(29.3)
    6)Introverted Thinking (Ti)(29)
    7)Extraverted Thinking (Te)(24.3)
    8)Extraverted Sensing (Se)(16.1)

To answer NegativeZero's question, I'm definitely most interested in aesthetics..I'm interested in color psychology, music (the sensory experience of it rather than the logical aspect, but am becoming interested in geometry and how it relates to music) art, and the experience of beauty. Second would be metaphysics..I've been interested in these topics for a long time, but am recently starting my official school studies. It seems as if the aspects of philosophy that appeal to me, are closer to the intuitive side. Aspects such as ethics and logic seem more apt in the outer objective world..

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    ^ That's because no one wants to be an INFP. They seem like one of the most unpopular types.
    IRL or on the forum?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke