User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    IRL or on the forum?
    I wasn't referring to INFP as in people that are INFPs. I meant that the typing is unpopular. To answer your question, on the forum. I don't know any people that are willing to discuss MBTI with me IRL.

@ChocolateYoda

You definitely seem like an INFx. If both tests have yielded INFP, I'd say that's probably accurate. Shoe seems to fit from what I've seen, but I'm sure you'll tweak your typing as time passes. Congrats in the meantime, Yoda.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    I wasn't referring to INFP as in people that are INFPs. I meant that the typing is unpopular. To answer your question, on the forum. I don't know any people that are willing to discuss MBTI with me IRL.

@ChocolateYoda

You definitely seem like an INFx. If both tests have yielded INFP, I'd say that's probably accurate. Shoe seems to fit from what I've seen, but I'm sure you'll tweak your typing as time passes. Congrats in the meantime, Yoda.
    Odd, if you believe it forum-specific, non-lurkers just joining would not be subject to this.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well, I wasn't just referring to this forum. INFP seems really unpopular on any typology forum.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Cool

Thanks for the insights you folks are providing. I'm finding it quite helpful.

Taking the Enneagram into account, I seem get (and identify with) both the 5 type (INTP) and the 9 (INFP)

One test gave a ordered result of:
    Type 9 - 12.3
    Type 5 - 11.7
    Type 6 - 10
    Type 4 - 8.7
    Type 3 - 7.3
    Type 1 - 2.7
    Type 8 - 1.3

While another test taken at generally the same time gave the result of:
    You are most likely a type 9.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6.

Have any of you seen a correlation between the 5 and 9 types? I notice I'm detached and think a lot (5/INTP) but also love peace and harmony (9/INFP)

I'm not sure if any of you are into astrology at all, but I like to consider it not as a prediction tool, but as an early psychic energy map. Looking at my chart I have a split between Capricorn (sun,mercury) and Libra (rising,moon,mars) It seems like the logical Capricorn aspects correspond to the INTP 5 thinking side, and the Libra aspects correspond to the INFP 9 aspects

would appreciate any further insights from you experts

^Whoa... INFP is my official guess (cause in the end it's always guesswork)... but I think it's a good guess.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    ^Whoa... INFP is my official guess (cause in the end it's always guesswork)... but I think it's a good guess.
    Yep based on that last post by the op i'm going with INFP too.
    INFP and INTP, it seems, are often close and i find some tend to waver in the middle. But pah, i'm no expert.

And for the record i think INFP's rock.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

It's interesting because I'm really attracted to ENFx women because they bring me out and are more sensual I find. But at the same time I don't deal with an over abundance of the emotion which makes me think I tend to turn more INTP

Good to find a place with interested folks

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah, I'd say INFP for sure. There's no way you're an INTP lending credence to "psychic energy maps."

MBTI
    INTJ

What I think you might find really helpful (except that it is costly) is to take the MBTI Step II version. They have divided each preference up into five subscales or facets. and it is quite possible, for example, to be an S overall (but probably not a high scoring S) and have some of your facets belong in the N side. You might prefer concrete, literal ideas, and prefer hands on work and trust experience, and yet rate way over on the N side on Imagination, and a little on being Original.

This is very useful to know, and it supports something I have long believed--that scores that are just one or two answers over the middle really don't mean much.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I posted in the wrong thread. My humble apologies, I was not intending to thread-jack. I am moving the content of the post. Out
    Last edited by Tiger Owl; 09-10-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: personal idiocy
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni