User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Hello World

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Sure, It all starts innocently enough with that. You log in, make a few posts, have a little fun and engage in a few heated debates about the possible in morality involving stem cell research. Then, next thing you know, the forum goes down for 10 minutes of maintenance and you see failed white loadpage containing the text "Page cannot be found", and a chill runs down your spine as you realize you've been abruptly cut off from the source of the addiction. After that, five minutes later you find yourself huddled in the corner wearing the same clothes you've worn for the last 13 days, constantly pressing the F5 refresh button while lightly sobbing and drinking Sunny D out of an empty can of Vienna Sausages.

EDIT: I think, uh, I may have projected there a little bit. Just ,uh,....enjoy the forum.
    No you're totally correct. I just have to set up the proper exit excuses if things go sour. I have to pretend that there will be no emotional investment.

The proper way I suspect of an introvert to join this forum would be to lurk for 3 months and then carefully tread the waters using a fake alias. But the J in me says all this is just a distraction from real life so I shouldn't waste any time and just jump in making absurd posts in every direction by adopting a very E attitude.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    So home is Ontario's foot. Cool, me too.
    Yeah Toronto is a smelly place both culturally (aroma's of foods) and as being a pain for everyone else in Canada.

I'm having this huge issue on deciding how to spend the rest of my life by adopting a new home. Having spent 8 months in Silicon Valley has told me I could do it. What remains to be answered is what kind of lifestyle I want to pursue and why I don't feel Toronto isn't worthy enough. /mumbles to self

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    I don't know, actually. It just seemed like a pretty (bad) stereotypical Canadian thing to say. I think I've been watching too much TV.
    Oh is it a Canadian thing? Also how is that possible given all TV is made in Amurica? Perhaps its all the Canadian actors and writers?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

A most pleasant title. Hello and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknm View Post
    Yeah Toronto is a smelly place both culturally (aroma's of foods) and as being a pain for everyone else in Canada.

I'm having this huge issue on deciding how to spend the rest of my life by adopting a new home. Having spent 8 months in Silicon Valley has told me I could do it. What remains to be answered is what kind of lifestyle I want to pursue and why I don't feel Toronto isn't worthy enough. /mumbles to self
    That's ok, I don't feel like Toronto is worthy enough, either. But it's been a decent pit-stop in my life so far. At least, it's doing it's job (rent, food, work...all the things a city should provide). Part of me just wants to settle near Peterborough on a sheep farm and to hell with the rest of whatever. Haha...that'll be the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknm View Post
    Oh is it a Canadian thing? Also how is that possible given all TV is made in Amurica? Perhaps its all the Canadian actors and writers?
    Nah, it's probably not a Canadian thing. You just called me on a bit of silliness I couldn't quite explain. Although, I have been watching an inordinate amount of Kids in the Hall and they use that "stranger" thing a lot in a few sketches. I know South Park makes fun of Canada in one show where they have all these Canadian calling people "pal" "buddy" "stranger" "guy." Who knows. I've never personally experienced it.

Maybe that's what those folk up near Peterborough on the sheep farms say all the time.