User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Who Am I?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BeBecky View Post
    In literature, I like symbolism and metaphors. I'm not sure why, they are just powerful to me. I appreciate the art of connecting things and ideas that may not normally go together.
    That to me has iNtuition written all over it.

Strategy...hmm...a number of my friends have a thing for strategy board games (like Risk), and I enjoy those, but I think in a different way than they do. I enjoy playing over and over again so I can try different strategies and find the one that works the best, then TAKE OVER THE WORLD! muhaha! I don't usually have a defined strategy when I go into it, I have to just see what everyone else is doing and play off that. Other than games, I tend to strategize in my head for things I can say and do that will get people to do what I want....not always though, only if I have a specific purpose for it.
    That too.

So if we're speaking ISTJ vs INTJ, I'd go with INTJ.

So you thought you were an INTJ at first, but ruled it out because you didn't seem to fit in or act like other INTJ's? I wouldn't use people on a forum as a reliable indicator. There is some degree of group polarization on forums dedicated to one type--everyone tends to act like extreme or perfect examples of their type. (This is counterproductive to becoming balanced of course.) You should seriously reconsider the INTJ profile.

Your indecisiveness and thinking of the endless possibilities seems more P than J. Just doing whatever you want seems like P behavior also. Have you read and considered the INTP profile? Here's a good one:

INTP Profile

This test might be provide a little insight from a slightly different approach:

Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

I was fine with the INTJ profile at first, but then I went to a forum with a bunch of INTJs and they all seemed really arrogant and unsociable...could have just been that group though. I don't always like talking to people, but not really to the extent they were referring to. As far as being arrogant or self-assured...at times I know I can be stubborn, but I also have a terrible time making some decisions (not all, but many people have noted how indecisive I am). I think my indecisiveness is because I overthink all the possibilities of what would happen or what people would think depending on what I choose. Other times I just do whatever I want regardless of anything else.

I thought maybe I was ISTJ instead, but then I wasn't sure about that either....so that's how I ended up here...pleading for help!

If it's possible for people to be both, I guess I could be somewhere inbetween. I've heard it said that a person is always one or another though, not mixes. *sigh*

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    So you thought you were an INTJ at first, but ruled it out because you didn't seem to fit in or act like other INTJ's? I wouldn't use people on a forum as a reliable indicator.
    Seconded.

Your indecisiveness and thinking of the endless possibilities seems more P than J.
    Careful. INJs can take forever to make a decision: we just don't SHOW it. That said, INTP is very much a possibility too, I agree.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    This test might be provide a little insight from a slightly different approach:

Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

Ok, I took the this test and it said ISTJ also. I think I'm gonna stick with that one. It seems to fit the best overall, even if I may lean other directions from time to time. Here are my results:

Cognitive Process - Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) - average use
    *************************** (27.2)

introverted Sensing (Si) - excellent use
    *********************************************** (47.8)

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) - limited use
    ********************* (21.5)

introverted Intuiting (Ni) - limited use
    **************** (16.1)

extraverted Thinking (Te) - good use
    ********************************** (34.5)

introverted Thinking (Ti) - average use
    ************************ (24.1)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) - limited use
    ******************** (20.4)

introverted Feeling (Fi) - excellent use
    ************************************************ (48.6)

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Ok, I took the this test and it said ISTJ also. I think I'm gonna stick with that one. It seems to fit the best overall, even if I may lean other directions from time to time. Here are my results:

Cognitive Process - Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) - average use
    *************************** (27.2)

introverted Sensing (Si) - excellent use
    *********************************************** (47.8)

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) - limited use
    ********************* (21.5)

introverted Intuiting (Ni) - limited use
    **************** (16.1)

extraverted Thinking (Te) - good use
    ********************************** (34.5)

introverted Thinking (Ti) - average use
    ************************ (24.1)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) - limited use
    ******************** (20.4)

introverted Feeling (Fi) - excellent use
    ************************************************ (48.6)

Indeed, it looks ISTJ (Si/Te/Fi/Ne), despite a very strong tertiary which would make you look like a Feeler type on classic tests.

ISFJ don't work (Fe as an auxiliary), and ISFP is even worst (Te as an inferior)
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ

Hi - I'm new to figuring out all this MBTI stuff, but I love it. I think I'm an ISTJ, at least that's the one I seem to identify with the most. However, I'm not sure it fits me completely, and I do identify with characters of other profiles too. Needless to say I'm a little confused.

Here's a question...like I said, I seem to be an ISTJ, however I've found many places that say ISTJ's get bogged down in details and can't "see the big picture" and I have to say that I don't think I have trouble seeing the big picture, actually, I generally have the big picture in mind with whatever goal I'm working toward. Does that mean I'm not actually an ISTJ?

I'm glad to be here and I hope to learn a lot from everyone!
    Yes. It means you are foremostly an INTJ, perhaps with a high S.

MBTI
    INTJ

Sometimes I feel like there are two different sides to me, and they’re at war with each other. I like to be carefree and cared for, but I also like to be independent, self-sufficient, and in control. I’m not sure how to reconcile the two, or even if I’m supposed to. I prefer the first, but it seems like I have to be the second to survive the world.

All in all, I like who I am…though I guess I feel like I could be “more” – more genuine, more fulfilled, more complete – if God would just show me how.
    After reading this post, I still think you are more INTJ than ISTJ.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

MBTI
    ISFJ

You know what? The more I learn, the more I'm inclined to think I am an INTJ. Plus, a friend who is also interested in MBTI said that's what she thought I was. I value that since she actually knows me in person, and we've been friends for a long time. I probably should have gone with my initial results rather than second guessing it. It's hard to trust what the tests were saying after I took them so many times anyways...I dunno.