MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDeath View Post
    That doesn't sound very promising!

What are you getting at? You're INTP type 9 right....whats so bad about type 9?

Now I'm confused. Type 9 is supposed to be anti-confrontational, and while I'm certainly not an aggressive, pushy person, I think the "like v hate" argument shows that I don't just back down and play nice with everyone else's views...although I will admit that in a forum, no one can interrupt or get too pissed, so the confrontation aspect is muted and its easier to have a discussion. Even still, I am opinionated and I dont just bend over to keep everyone happy (I chose my battles though, some differences in POV arent worth it, thats when I disagree but move on). Where does the type 1 wing come in?
    Errm not too sure about the 1. I think you'd be best speaking to Magic Poriferan on enneagram. He's quite knowledgeable.

The type 9 is a bad type because you'll probably waste a whole load of time with one foot either side of a quite painful fence. Some days it's a logical choice.. other days you're left wondering what kind of b**** built a fence there!!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

What about type six, is that as much of a headscrew? Any ideas how I tested as 9 and then 6 (its on my last post, I revised it, probably after you responded)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDeath View Post
    What about type six, is that as much of a headscrew? Any ideas how I tested as 9 and then 6 (its on my last post, I revised it, probably after you responded)
    I think 6 is security....

No where near as bad as that 5 crowd!!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Junior Member littlemissgiggles's Avatar
    MBTI
    entj
    Enneagram

Jumping in here as a type 6...

Type 6 can be screwy for INT- types because we have a desire to connect and work with other people and recognize the importance of community in our survival/ability to thrive. This goes contrary to what most profiles say about INTs and our independence and need for individuality. I think there are very few INT- type 6s. I tend to type INTJ (close E/I) and I don't fit well with those parts of the profile that say I am 100% self-confident and indifferent to others' perceptions of me. Type 6s often have a lot of self-doubt, which also doesn't fit with an INT- profile.

From what I've read, 4 and 5 shun group approval where as 9 and 6 welcome it. That could explain the weirdness.

A healthy/maturing 6 will move toward type 9, so perhaps you were really relaxed or feeling confident when you took the first test.

By the way, welcome! I'm new around here too.

Sorry if that was messy; I deleted the post by accident and had to re-write it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I had thought of myself as a type 6 INTP, but found the 6's increased Fi actually pushed me into the ENFP range.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissgiggles View Post
    Jumping in here as a type 6...

Type 6 can be screwy for INT- types because we have a desire to connect and work with other people and recognize the importance of community in our survival/ability to thrive. This goes contrary to what most profiles say about INTs and our independence and need for individuality. I think there are very few INT- type 6s. I tend to type INTJ (close E/I) and I don't fit well with those parts of the profile that say I am 100% self-confident and indifferent to others' perceptions of me. Type 6s often have a lot of self-doubt, which also doesn't fit with an INT- profile.

From what I've read, 4 and 5 shun group approval where as 9 and 6 welcome it. That could explain the weirdness.

A healthy/maturing 6 will move toward type 9, so perhaps you were really relaxed or feeling confident when you took the first test.

By the way, welcome! I'm new around here too.

Sorry if that was messy; I deleted the post by accident and had to re-write it.
    Maybe I was, who knows...either way, type 6 or 9...or type 69!

Type 6 does fit me, I do have a lot of self doubt, I second guess myself constantly. I dont seek approval, in fact, Im a bit rebellious, have been involved in subcultures since 16, and am argumentative...dont know how that all fits in...either way, I am more social than what I would think is normal for INTP.

I would have to agree that at times i am a bit screwy and dont make sense to myself. Hopefully all this research and hearing from others will help.

Thanks for the input!